Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Sheff Utd (A) Post Match Thread - 1 - 2

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I've no problem with Rodgers managing the game, but Morgan on for a midfielder made us collapse into their pressure. All the people saying he nullified McBurnie - he did, barely, but we wouldn't have had to worry about him nearly as much if we hadn't taken off a midfielder for a defender. If he'd taken off Perez or Praet for Mendy at that point instead, we would have been a lot more comfortable in my opinion. 

I agree with you but at the end of the day one sub won us the game and the other two subs kept it at 2-1 by hook or by crook! So you’ve got to give the manager credit in my book. 

• Like 1

Harvey Barnes :appl:

Sounds like it was like I was expecting - tough, and hard fought. A solid if unspectacular start, but points on the board without being 100% is no bad thing. Hopefully Harvey starts next week and we put Maddison and Tielemans back together. Sounds like Hamza shone today. If Wilf is injured, we shouldn’t rush him back quickly with Hamza in this form and his lack of a break after AFCON

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I've no problem with Rodgers managing the game, but Morgan on for a midfielder made us collapse into their pressure. All the people saying he nullified McBurnie - he did, barely, but we wouldn't have had to worry about him nearly as much if we hadn't taken off a midfielder for a defender. If he'd taken off Perez or Praet for Mendy at that point instead, we would have been a lot more comfortable in my opinion. 

Can you remind me what the result was please. As the substitutions helped get a win, Barnes goal and Morgan’s defending. Not all substitutions have to be attackers to get a win 

• Like 1

After reading some of the posts in the match thread I'm glad that many can't actually make it to the games. You'd be and embarrassment and if you shouted out some of those comments I'm fairly sure there would be a reaction from the fans.

Looks like some people are just trying to get whinges in so they can shout about it later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In terms of fitness and effort over the 90 minutes Hamza put the rest to shame. Without him we would not have won. His positioning, interceptions and tackles were immense from first minute to last. Man of the match by the proverbial mile.

His display plus two top-quality goals - Harvey's was a strike of technical perfection - got us the win in an otherwise iffy performance in which our two new signings were very disappointing. Both did well against Atalanta but have been woefully substandard since. Tielemans must come good soon as he is a class footballer but not sure about Perez. Seems a bit lightweight and easy to dispossess.

Still, delighted with the win and our unbeaten start.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Made up for Barnes. 

Really really hope he gets a start as a reward (without Perez getting dropped.)

I get wanting him to settle, but theres no point just consistently chucking him in for the sake of that's hes new to the club when we've got a winger who's actually delivered so far 

3 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Can you remind me what the result was please. As the substitutions helped get a win, Barnes goal and Morgan’s defending. Not all substitutions have to be attackers to get a win 

I loved Barnes on, it was what I was crying out for i would have made the exact same change. But I think Morgan on was just risky.

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Completely disagree. We had absolutely no hold of the game at all and their diagonals and balls into the striker were beginning to pay off. Great sub, fully changed the game. Genuinely believe without Wes coming on we would’ve conceded.

• Like 2

I think we’re evolving and it will improve.

I get everyone screaming for a top class winger but I remember last season when at times cross after pointless cross was put into the box with no one getting on the end of them.

I think Brendan has chose to go another way and try and play Perez up with Vardy. Yes he’s no winger but it’s not like he’s not seeing the pass, they’ve just been a little under/over hit or are just being picked off. Yes it’s frustrating but it’s early days. 

I thought Hamza was fantastic today with another solid Soyuncu performance. 

As others have said Hamza Choudhury was man of the match. He’s not as good a tackler or as good in the air as Ndidi but he is much more composed on the ball and gives it away much less. 

This season though no one has been a total stand out (well Soyuncu maybe) I feel like we’ve got really good depth. There’s real competition in many places. For example Fuchs was good again despite being second choice. 

• Like 2

Barnes was scoring goals like this in the championship week in week out hopefully this gives him the confidence to do it on a regular basis given a run in the side, looking forward to some more Harvey specials. Great result people saying embarrassing should really get a life. Not so long ago the "champions" got beaten 2-1 by Hull on the opening day of the season! Any away victory is a good one coyf:scarf:

• Like 1