Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Sheff Utd (A) Post Match Thread - 1 - 2

Great result. Happy with 5 points from the first 3 games which have all been tough. 

Now Man Utd are losing again we’re 3rd too!

Thought we were generally ok. We’re keeping the ball well but it’s cute little passes with little attacking threat IMHO. Tielemans and Perez need to improve. Choudhury was amazing, and the Barnes goal and Maddison assist... wow!

I'm going to break new FT rules and reiterate my disappointment with that performance. 

The system is not suited to our players strengths. The 2 Belgians were pedestrian, Perez is miles off, we had no support for our full backs despite their preference to get balls into our box. We don't look convincing defending set pieces either. I'd wager we beat the only team in the league we could've with today's performance. Another 40-50% required. Sorry to be a bore!

Chuffed for Harv and some lovely moments from Maddison and Vardy (who could've scored about 6 this season if those playing behind him were on any kind of wavelength). 

Edited by sdb
  • Like 3

Another ropey performance but a very good result - I don’t think Sheffield United will lose more than 6 or 7 times at home this season. Unbelievable strike from Barnes.

I know it’s only 3 games but Perez looks so far off the pace it’s like he’s playing a different sport to the rest of the side. Barnes needs to come into the XI for next week. 

Have I ever told you just how amazing Hamza is?

Have I ever said that he'll be the England Captain one day.

Awesome performance by him.

Defence was good overall.

Tielemans missing again. Is it the formation or have we bought the Monaco Tielemans?

Good result in a tricky game. We're definitely still not firing yet, moves are breaking down by poor passing or safety-first mindset. Vardys movement has been outstanding in the last 3 games but we don't get our head up quick enough to see it. I think anything other than a win here and we would of all felt some slight disappointment. Whats struck me is that BR isn't the attack-is-the-best-form-of-defence manager I thought he was. He's much more cautious than that. Hamza played very well today. Vardy and Madders very good too. 

Edited by bfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fantastic result!

For anyone who has complaints about the performance, please take into account the type of game this was. I tip my hat off to Sheffield United because they fought like lions throughout the entire game. They were first to so many balls and though they lack Premier League quality, they gave 110% throughout. They reminded me of us in our first season upon our return with the heart they showed.

Everton went away to Villa and lost. We've got our first 3 points of the season and gained points on one team that finished above us last season. Man United lost at home today. Our start has hardly been sensational, but it's been solid!

Onward and upwards!

I think it’s possible to appreciate the hard work and tenacity of Sheffield United and still be disappointed with the tactics and execution today.

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Kind of embarrassing to have to park the bus against this team, but I'll take the three points however we can get them.

Because we are the mighty Leicester City and they are lowly fodder for us to sweep aside?

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Hamza in front of Southgate ... he was out of this world here, there and everywhere! Perez underrated, pleased Vardy got a goal! Upto 4th!

Just a word on the match thread, I decided not to comment today, the comments on there get worse every game and today was possibly the worst I’ve known it, really embarrassing!

Comments on the thread were in the most part embarrassing - Many teams will go to Bramhall Lane and not get a result. Throughout the course of a season the most successful teams grind out a result. Its not champagne football every match save for Man City.

• Like 2