Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Sheff Utd (A) Post Match Thread - 1 - 2

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Seriously.  He did his job and proved his value.  Rodgers did well with the subs.

It wasn't on Wes that we stopped holding and moving the ball.  We stopped pressing, dropped back and stopped winning 50/50 balls.

Exactly, if we’d gone gung ho and conceded the moaning that we should of shut up shop would of started immediately 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fantastic result!

For anyone who has complaints about the performance, please take into account the type of game this was. I tip my hat off to Sheffield United because they fought like lions throughout the entire game. They were first to so many balls and though they lack Premier League quality, they gave 110% throughout. They reminded me of us in our first season upon our return with the heart they showed.

Everton went away to Villa and lost. We've got our first 3 points of the season and gained points on one team that finished above us last season. Man United lost at home today. Our start has hardly been sensational, but it's been solid!

Onward and upwards!

The positive is we have not lost a game yet, Barnes strike was out of this world 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sdb said:

I don't get the Sheff Utd praise either. Distinct lack of quality and bankers to finish 20th. 

They’re poor and they stink of Cardiff. Today we’ve shown how to counter their bullying tactics, and they will be beaten more often.

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

So crucial to get the first win, albeit it seemed it wasn't pretty. 

Anyway, five points is an ok start from these games.

More than okay, two away games in that.

We'd have all took a point away at Chelsea.

4 pts from Wolves at home and Sheff Utd away is also a good return.

• Like 1

As expected, tough game. BR trying to set us up to be hard to beat but that is stifling our attacking threat. Sheff Utd were good value, tough team - strayed over the line a bit but were generally decent. Cracking save by Kasper. Worldie by Barnes. Onwards, upwards but we need to improve. 

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Hamza in front of Southgate ... he was out of this world here, there and everywhere! Perez underrated, pleased Vardy got a goal! Upto 4th!

Just a word on the match thread, I decided not to comment today, the comments on there get worse every game and today was possibly the worst I’ve known it, really embarrassing!

but that picture of Vardy in front of their fans was easily worth wading through the crap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Exactly, if we’d gone gung ho and conceded the moaning that we should of shut up shop would of started immediately 

As demonstrated last season with the late defeats at Wolves and Watford when we switched off and chucked the games away. Our match threads really are chock full of absolute tools sadly

• Like 4

Hamza was sensational.

Harvey was brilliant too, as was Evans. Vardy looked well up for it and I thought Maddison was on his game too.

Still not sure about this narrow formation - seems to stifle Youri too, and while Perez did brilliantly to win the ball back early up the pitch for the first goal he'd be who I would drop to accommodate Harvey in the team.

Sheffield are a decent side who play with heart and conviction. It augurs well that we could go to such a tough ground and win;

• Like 2