Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Sheff Utd (A) Post Match Thread - 1 - 2

Got a praise the lads, lesser teams would have crumbled against that kind of play. They became overly aggressive and tried to bully us, but we stuck at it and won. Huge plaudits go to Hamza, he was amazing today, Maddison was also much better throughout the 90! Negatives were not going for a third, I would have rather we done that and then being in two defensive players and tried to absorb all of their pressure, I think we made that game more difficult than we could have. However, we were the better side and did deserve to win. 

Sheff Utd will beat many average sides at home. I like how they look to get the ball into quality areas before crossing. Not a team who lumps and hopes. 

They will however get picked off by the top sides on the break. 

We weren't great. Needed a calming presence to get hold of the ball in that last 10 minutes but we didn't have it. Having said that, they only really created one chance of note 

Hamza our MOTM. Tielemans and particularly Perez need to up their games sharpish. 

Got to give credit to the blades. Whilst they are unspectacular they are very good at what they do. They will make a lot of teams look average this season and didn't really allow us to step out of 3rd gear. I reckon they'll stay up comfortably. 

I feel we didn't play particularly well. But we grafted and got an important 3 points. We need to get Maddison and Tielemans together in the middle and give Barnes a start. Hamza was outstanding but I'd still put Ndidi and Chilwell back in next game. 

Vardy scoring and celebrating like that was very satisfying to watch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Still not playing at anyway near our best but an away win is nothing to be sneezed at.

Worth mentioning, although Brendan got it right eventually Wilder had our cards marked for majority of that. We weren't great but still got the 3 points. This team has another 2-3 gears to go into. 

and a life saving cameo from good old cpt Morgan. Well done Wes. Brilliant game from Madders and Vards, a wonderful goal from Barnes, but it all can't hide the fact that our set up and tempo was somewhat puelesque... Sheffield werent a very demanding opponent, I expect more from BR and the lads

Bloody hell, that was hard work.

Very hit and miss performance today.

Choudhury did his job to perfection, MOTM. Thought Evans was brilliant again. Morgan produced an excellent defensive cameo. Barnes showed why he should start, what a goal.

As for the bad we really need to do more when in possession, far too slow at times. Tielemans was average again, Praet was anonymous, Perez started well but then got worse.

Not sure Sheffield United have enough quality to stay up, but they played with great fighting spirit, they gave us a really good test today.

Just glad of the three points, roll on next week :scarf:

• Like 1