Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Man Utd Away Match thread

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

VAR won't overturn anything that's classed as subjective, so it's not gonna overturn 99% of penalty decisions either way.

What's the point of VAR then? Surely it is there to say whether a decision is correct or not. Such decisions can't be subjective. If they are, the laws need changing before they even bother with VAR.

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

They all seem to when we play 2 DM's and maddison on the left. I cant see how Roger's cant see it's an absolute waste of time. 

Both DMs aren't playmakers so we can't take the ball upfield easily

and we are a bit lightweight at the top so just providing united with a huge gap in the middle to out-muscle us doesn't seem like the best of plans to me

Edited by the fox

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

What's the point of VAR then? Surely it is there to say whether a decision is correct or not. Such decisions can't be subjective. If they are, the laws need changing before they even bother with VAR.

Because the FA are terrified of the extra scrutiny coming on their precious, flawless refs. 

It's stupid. Everyone's getting upset at VAR but we don't actually have VAR, not properly. Proper VAR would and should be fully over ruling bad and wrong decisions, regardless of clear and obvious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Both DMs aren't playmakers so we can't take the ball upfield easily

and we are a bit lightweight at the top so just providing united with a huge gap in the middle to out-muscle us doesn't seem like the best of plans to me

The only person that does seem to think it's a good idea is Roger's. I'm just praying he stops persisting with it soon 

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

A lot of people are asking the same thing. Seems it's there to spot people offside by half a mm, and accidental handballs that lead to goals (except the one that lead to Newcastles goal v Watford, it didn't spot that).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

they are half a yard quicker to everything - cmon lads, sharpen up

That is at the moment,the difference between actually Top 6 side,und a Team that have those ambitions..!

The underrating of that Unseen Quality of Top Teams on ball qualities.