Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I agree we have lots of problems, but he is easily the worst surely

Nahhh, for me Barnes has been playing like a competition winner, headless and chicken spring to mind. Poor quality wingers and Hopelessly out of form central midfielders Maddison and Tielemans are far bigger overall concerns for me

Just now, Nod.E said:

It has reached the point now that players are noticeably avoiding passing the ball to him when it's the most obvious choice to make.

Of course we have other issues, but that's one hell of a problem to have.

So much of modern football goes through full backs.

I noticed that tonight, soyuncu completely ignored him several times, Evan's was visibly frustrated with him! I think he needs time out and some serious man management. His head has completely gone. We know what he is capable of and he is in tatters. Brendan needs to step in and sort him out before it's too late.  He needs some serious confidence coaching.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm saying that constantly banging the terrible drum doesn't make you the oracle of football knowledge.

So if you don’t disagree then whats the problem with expressing my *correct* decision on this post then? Why aren’t you commenting on any other post slating his performance?

Clearly 25,000 posts doesn’t make you the oracle of football knowledge. 

• Haha 1

On 23/02/2020 at 07:54, FLAN said:

Sick of seeing him flouncing about when a ball is in the air which is his to win. Seems to get himself in completely the wrong position to win it and today got outmanoeuvred by Mahrez and Jesus in these situations.  I just don’t get the hype 

He is a pretty poor defender, average dribbler, poor passer of the ball, not that creative, can run around a bit and pretend to be a good midfielder, can shout at others, etc. 

He is pretty average to me. Has always been average. Has always frustrated me to see him play ahead of Fuchs from a few seasons ago when a younger Fuchs was clearly way better and even a current Fuchs is still pretty good.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Honestly Justin would do a better job at LB than him. Chilwell is painful to watch. £50m in the summer would be unbelievable! 

Yeah, bench him or sell him. Good to have him as a backup but it is painful to see him get selected by Rodgers as a regular non-droppable first team player.

Edited by Tom12345

59 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It has reached the point now that players are noticeably avoiding passing the ball to him when it's the most obvious choice to make.

enjoyed wilf in injury time, with the ball, just pointing at where chilwell should've been and shouting at him to go there so he could pass to him, then not passing to him anyway. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Still dont get the hate for him but he needs to be left out for 3-4 games minimum. Everyone has forgot or will deny this ever happened but early in the season he was excellent and obviously something isn't right with him. Bring Fuchs or Justin in for now.

I agree, I dont like the hate. He has been excellent for us and england so clearly something is not right. His head has gone. He needs a break and some major help with his confidence. I didnt like seeing his teammates having a public go at him tonight and blatantly  ignoring him and blanking passing to him.  I get their frustration but they have always been a tight team and this will only create a divide between the older and younger players. That will then effect the team even more. Brendan needs to do some serious man management.

Edited by Hales

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Still dont get the hate for him but he needs to be left out for 3-4 games minimum. Everyone has forgot or will deny this ever happened but early in the season he was excellent and obviously something isn't right with him. Bring Fuchs or Justin in for now.

Umm ... he was not excellent early in the season. That was Fuchs when Chilwell was injured. You may have got mixed up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cash in during the summer. Obvious weak link, especially when other members of the team are actively avoiding giving him the ball. Only positive is that he can run all day, but there's not much point in being a full back that is able to get up and down the pitch when you can neither stop nor deliver cross 

On 25/02/2020 at 00:34, Toddybad said:

Our fans have lost the plot. genuinally, they've completely lost their heads since the title win. England's first choice full back, home grown and still a kid, and all they can do is moan.

But he isn’t very good 

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

I think he is also putting himself in positions where he won’t revive the ball. All in all he is hurting the team 

• Like 1

He was frankly much better under Puel. It’s said he wanted a Man City transfer over the summer and he’s had noticeable issues with Harvey. It’s not like he’s always been this bad but this dip in form looks more like a valley.

On 23/02/2020 at 16:02, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've been a massive critic of Chilwell in the past, but I ain't having him being blamed for that defeat, that's ****ing ridiculous. VAR did us over and Vardy should have scored (and his passing was poor all game).

And only 5 days later I end up blaming him for a defeat, how quickly the world can change:nono:

Chilwell has been poor recently and I can't believe a player to have so many poor games recently. You can tell he's lost all confidence going forward and his defending and decision is very questionable. I hate criticising one of our own players, but I think it's time we gave him time away from the firing line and seeing JJ play.