Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Just shows how good of a coach Brendan actually is. We see it time and time again when players moves don't work out, players usually fester and then move on taking their problems elsewhere. There's no denying that has suffered from bad management, Puel clearly did not have the same kind of man management skills to keep the fringe players happy so Kalechi really fell by the wayside, as we saw with Silva. He clearly is a gifted player, he always showed a goal scoring ability and I think it is fair to say our previous style didn't suit his skill set, however, now we do play a style which is more suited to his ability to finish. What is impressive is that he appears to have breathed new life into him, as he did Gray, he looks leaner, stronger, fitter and up for it, I don't think he left a blade of grass uncovered at the weekend. He has quality, he isn't regarded one of the brightest talents for no reason, but it usually wholly depends on the management. Long may his form continue it could be like a new signing! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 01/12/2019 at 21:50, Raj said:

Even s stopped clock tells the right time twice a day!!!!

Tbf he did do well today. I did groan when he came on and neatly went for s pi$$.

More than happy to take alot of stick if it means he's playing well.

Do you sit in the West stand?, cuz a lot of the booing when he came on was from there.

That is one thing in football that winds me up.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dayday said:

Do you sit in the West stand?, cuz a lot of the booing when he came on was from there.

That is one thing in football that winds me up.

L1.

Where did I say anything about booing a player?

Groan within oneself,Booing is an expression vocally!!!!

As Kevin Keegan said" I'd love it if Ineacho can show the doubters ESPECIALLY me that he is the real deal"(Keagan didn't really say that about Ineacho!!!)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Raj said:

L1.

Where did I say anything about booing a player?

Groan within oneself,Booing is an expression vocally!!!!

As Kevin Keegan said" I'd love it if Ineacho can show the doubters ESPECIALLY me that he is the real deal"(Keagan didn't really say that about Ineacho!!!)

Sorry when you said you groaning , I thought you was one of the boo boys.

I bet the ones that booed him, was the same ones cheering at the end

• Like 1

As exciting it was when we first signed him, it was always up in the air whether his style of play suited ours (think back to Shakespeare..) He was a poacher in a Man City side that played great football. It's perhaps not too much of a surprise he could find himself being much more of a use to us this season with the football we are playing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Watch him have a great December and then Man City buy him back in January to really screw us up.

A few more good games and it'll be time for a Hide Kelechi thread ...

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Watch him have a great December and then Man City buy him back in January to really screw us up.

Whilst hes done well and he looks to have a bright future again, I doubt anyone would be too unhappy if he went back to Man City for £50m. We could get a pretty decent striker for £50m. I would rather keep Kelechi though to be fair, hes showing now that he is a real talent and could be a real top player for us. He could learn loads from Vardy and has shown he can play alongside him, and with the right coaching and training from Brendan (and Vardy) he could be Vardys long term replacement. 

(Ok, so to set the scene.)

its approaching 10pm on election night, I accidentally began the whisky far too early.

This did however cause to pop into my mind, how extremely pleased I am for Kelechi to have found his potential.

Keep it up Nacho :scarf:

• Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 17:48, danfox76 said:

177 minutes played.. 4 goals... 2 assists 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/top-scorers

Unbelievable really

He's looked fantastic when he's played this season, hopefully he'll play tomorrow and bag another

Guest bss9401

I'm so happy and excited about Iheanacho finding form. I would never boo our player but I have certainly groaned at times. I believed it best that he move on before Rodgers came and started again with a clean slate. 

Fabulous for one that we suddenly have our back up striker for Vardy, but then they start to link up and become a different animal altogether. 

Well done to all involved, especially Kelechi and Brendan.

3 hours ago, bss9401 said:

I'm so happy and excited about Iheanacho finding form. I would never boo our player but I have certainly groaned at times. I believed it best that he move on before Rodgers came and started again with a clean slate. 

Fabulous for one that we suddenly have our back up striker for Vardy, but then they start to link up and become a different animal altogether. 

Well done to all involved, especially Kelechi and Brendan.

Same here. Backup for Vardy was a real concern, but it's not anymore. I thought that KI could be a decent player, but probably wouldn't be suited to us even if he reached his potential. Based on his recent form, I'm now sure he can have a bright future here. His recent performances have been very impressive. Looks a completely different player to the one we've usually seen before. That moment he held onto the ball after 3 challenges recently stands out to me. It's clear his attitude and workrate is much improved. I've no doubt Rodgers has had a lot to do with this, as Gray has looked a lot better, as well.

Was great to hear the fans singing Kelechi's name.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Same here. Backup for Vardy was a real concern, but it's not anymore. I thought that KI could be a decent player, but probably wouldn't be suited to us even if he reached his potential. Based on his recent form, I'm now sure he can have a bright future here. His recent performances have been very impressive. Looks a completely different player to the one we've usually seen before. That moment he held onto the ball after 3 challenges recently stands out to me. It's clear his attitude and workrate is much improved. I've no doubt Rodgers has had a lot to do with this, as Gray has looked a lot better, as well.

Was great to hear the fans singing Kelechi's name.

Good post but I don’t agree back up to Vardy isn’t important anymore. We can play how we play due to two key reasons. Firstly, Wilf Ndidi enables us to go forward so freely. He’s a rock. Imo him and Kante are the best two central mids in the Premiership

Secondly, Vardy... possibly the most selfless striker I’ve ever seen. His energy gives us outlets constantly.

Kelechi is no Vardy. You watch how this team would change without Vardy in it

Kelechi has been great under Rodgers. But I think we need strength in depth up top.

I think there's a danger of sensationalism sneaking in here. 

Yes, he's had 2 very good games. He's had 2 very poor years before this, though. 

I don't see as the claims of him being a £25m pound player and fretting about the buy-back should be making appearances. It's lumping undue pressure on a player  who, bar 100 minutes, hasn't performed at all for us.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Good post but I don’t agree back up to Vardy isn’t important anymore. We can play how we play due to two key reasons. Firstly, Wilf Ndidi enables us to go forward so freely. He’s a rock. Imo him and Kante are the best two central mids in the Premiership

Secondly, Vardy... possibly the most selfless striker I’ve ever seen. His energy gives us outlets constantly.

Kelechi has been great under Rodgers. But I think we need strength in depth up top.

Whilst I won't disagree that Kelechi is no Vardy, I think if Vardy were injured, our setup with Iheancho in his place would actually change quite a bit, with more emphasis on linkup with the striker as Iheancho is more of a "modern" striker than Vardy so it could work better. 

We could see our wingers actually come inside more which might cause them to shine, particularly Perez. So in a way, Iheancho not living up to Vardy's standards in certain ways could bring improvement from other parts of the squad (although of course I would rather start Vardy over him any day).

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I never said Kelechi is as good as Vardy. Vardy is one of the best in the world.

What I am saying is that Nacho, playing like he has recently, is about the best we can hope for as a reserve for a position we only use one of in the first XI. If we carry on with the diamond, then perhaps there is room for one more striker in the squad, but if we're mostly playing one up front, I don't think we can realistically expect to have anyone near Vardy's quality come here and be happy to warm the bench every match.

If Nacho carries on playing like he is now, then I'm happy with our options up front.