Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

I loved it when he just started striding towards goal and the Norwich players seemed in shock and didn't move at first! 

Does anybody remember that time when Paul Gallagher smashed it in the top corner from about 50 yards when he should have played it to the opposition keeper ? The ref disallowed it due to bad sportsmanship and he was asked retake.... so he put it top corner again!  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I expect MOTD will have a good look at cantwell’s reaction ..... should have been a red but that would have exacerbated an already difficult situation for Madley 

I mean I’m not excusing cantwells reaction but would of hated winning like that should he have seen red.

1 hour ago, cal21212121 said:

Gray was getting instructions before the incident even happened, we needed to change shape and Nacho was the unfortunate sacrifice. 

That's  interesting, I didn't notice that at the game.

In my opinion with the controversy  I think Iheanacho simply didn't realise he was expected to return the ball to Norwich. He is a complex character.

Once he was fouled though I thought Cantwell was out of order and very lucky not to see red. 

After all that he attracted too much attention, was getting booed, seemed a bit rattled and I could see him getting involved in something and getting sent off.

I did hear Chris Sutton, briefly, on the radio suggesting Leicester were out of order, but we know he's a Nottingham born, Norwich supporting, ex Celtic, Rodgers hating, arrogant, sociopathic, WUM, who loves the sound of his own voice.

At least someone does.

And it’s a convention that should change. As I said earlier the supposedly injured player didn’t need any and turned down any treatment. That’s because then he would have to leave the pitch. The referee should control the game. Norwich got away with these negative tactics from 30 seconds onwards.

Having said that I actually thought they played well and deserved the point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I have to disagree, as many have pointed out it’s becoming a regular feature of time wasting to drop on the floor and hold the game up before getting up just before needing treatment.

The Bristol City manager (Lee Johnson?) wrote to all other championship clubs before the start of the season stating that their players are coached to play to the whistle and let the referee manage the game. Unless the referee stopped the game because of a serious or head injury, his team would not stop nor put the ball out of play, and ensure that they expected the same if one of their players were down.

Let the referee manage the game. If a team want to put the ball out, fine, but if it’s for their own player then there is no obligation to return the ball. There was obviously the high profile Leeds Villa incident which based around looking as though they would put it out before playing on, and other examples where teams put the ball out for an injured opponent and then the other team play on, but this was neither. This was a team taking a decision to put the ball out for their own player which did not require treatment and then kicked off when we took the resulting throw in and tried to score.

No doubt MOTD will find it unsporting but personally I think it’s better that we let the referee control the game.

There were three players down, one of them was a Leicester player. There was no time wasting, no faking, they actually had a counter attack on when they put it out.

If the referee is forced to take sole ownership of situations like this because players and fans can’t be trusted to accept certain fundamentals about stopping and restarting a game, which is a sorry situation by the way, then so be it. But let’s make it universal, not just the demands of Lee Johnson. Until then we stick to the status quoe.

I do wonder if you would still disagree with me had we kicked the ball out under similar circumstances and Norwich had  scored, I doubt it, and that’s the problem.

Was he really substituted because of that incident? I thought we badly needed to change the system as we were all over the place and bringing on a winger and taking off a striker seemed natural, as was Barnes coming on in the second half.

I think the ball should've been given back but the way players piled in wasn't good either.

2 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

Shouldn't have been starting, but that was not his fault.

We struggled with creativity in our most recent home games, so playing another forward who doesn't really offer that was an odd choice.

I agree, the 442 should remain our backup formation and not primary.  Changing things round based on one or two good performances seems hasty.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hauling him off to put Grey there is perhaps an over reaction.

But literally ashamed so many of our fans think he was right to do that. They were right to kick the ball out with three players down, it’s an etiquette in football that has been there for years. You kick the ball out so players can get treatment you get it back on the restart. And Ricardo was one of those three players.

Embarrassing to think otherwise, the shoes on the other foot you’d be screaming blue murder. 

I clicked on this thread dreading what I was going to read, but, I’m so pleased that this response got the most positive reaction…

You play the game the right way…. It was all a bit embarrassing frankly…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

Any chance that Ian genuinely forgot that the ball was put out after the treatment. 

I think it's more than likely.  Who took the throw-in to him?  (I've not seen any replays, I was going to say Chilwell but it was on our right side). Often when the team returns possession to the opposition it's thrown directly to them, but in this instance they threw it to Iheanacho.

45 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I think it's more than likely.  Who took the throw-in to him?  (I've not seen any replays, I was going to say Chilwell but it was on our right side). Often when the team returns possession to the opposition it's thrown directly to them, but in this instance they threw it to Iheanacho.

Usually depends where the throw-in is. The aim is to give the ball back to the other team far from your own goal, ideally to their goalkeeper. Usually it's easier to just throw it to a teammate, who can then boot it to their keeper.

It was just a bit of brain fade from Kelechi. Nothing sinister. If we'd scored from it I'm sure BR would have ordered the team to let Norwich score again. Certainly didn't warrant Captain Bumfluff getting his Alice band in a twist.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

7 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I have to disagree, as many have pointed out it’s becoming a regular feature of time wasting to drop on the floor and hold the game up before getting up just before needing treatment.

The Bristol City manager (Lee Johnson?) wrote to all other championship clubs before the start of the season stating that their players are coached to play to the whistle and let the referee manage the game. Unless the referee stopped the game because of a serious or head injury, his team would not stop nor put the ball out of play, and ensure that they expected the same if one of their players were down.

Let the referee manage the game. If a team want to put the ball out, fine, but if it’s for their own player then there is no obligation to return the ball. There was obviously the high profile Leeds Villa incident which based around looking as though they would put it out before playing on, and other examples where teams put the ball out for an injured opponent and then the other team play on, but this was neither. This was a team taking a decision to put the ball out for their own player which did not require treatment and then kicked off when we took the resulting throw in and tried to score.

No doubt MOTD will find it unsporting but personally I think it’s better that we let the referee control the game.

Little bit cringe worthy.

One of the players down was a Leicester player.

No ‘Law’ in football saying you have to put the ball out of play or give it back to the opposition, Iheanacho was hard done by in my opinion and thought the Ref lost the plot, when I played football I hated the opposition and wouldn’t give them an inch, just play on and go for the win....

• Like 1