Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Really really pleased for him. He's taken a lot of flak on here and the booing of him coming onto the pitch has been frankly embarrasing at times. His goal yesterday was one which showed a real striker's ability to be in the right place at the right time. Just the smallest of movements put him in exactly the right position. His workrate seems better and he's really starting to contribute. A bit more love and support from the fans and good man management could see him become a key player as the season goes on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Work rate remains suspect at times , his touch was very poor at times , but he did ok he needs game time And he will get that in FA cup 

I thought he seemed to improve dramatically after his goal. A bit of confidence and he was like a rat up a drainpipe chasing everything, taking players on and trying tricks and flicks etc. 

All strikers thrive on confidence and it seems that now he has got some of his mojo back he is starting to look like the player we bought not the shadow he had become. Poor chap looked like a rabbit in the headlights at times but whatever has changed has obviously been significant.

• Like 1

Thought Iheanacho had another tidy game where he was effective in and around the penalty box. He gets way too much stick from our fans - some morons a few rows behind me genuinely started chanting 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' which is plain embarrassing. For me, this season he is doing exactly what he should be doing. Supporting Vardy by chipping in goals and assists when covering him in the cups/league, and also alongside him when called upon. He looks sharper, more mobile and he will score goals when given the opportunity. If he finishes the season with another 5-6 goals in all competitions and supports us into the Champions League spots then for me, regardless of struggles under Shakey and Puel, he's been a good signing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

A fine example of confirmation bias, if ever there were.

As in I'm automatically bias towards Iheanacho for calling people morons who were jeering and booing our own player after he scored and put in a good performance yesterday?

I love the guy. There's something about his constant deadpan expression and his weird jerky running style that I find very endearing. Glad he's turning things around as I imagine I'm not alone in thinking we'd seen the last of him and he'd be gone in January.

Not the perfect player but we don't need him to be, we need him to work hard, link play and score goals and that's exactly what he's done when given the chance. Long may it continue :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Corky said:

In terms of time on the pitch, has he been our most effective player this season? Six goals, a couple of assists, won a penalty.

And that's what he did at man city wasn't it... 

His finish looked even better in slow motion.