Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Having seen that again the ref didn't even give the free kick for the bad foul on Nacho edge of the box .I think Nacho was unsure of the situation  as he saw the collision between a player from each side who went down .Then our player threw the ball to him not the opposition and he had  a bit of a look round no gestures from anyone  so on he went .

His mate Wilf piled in to help though

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Usually depends where the throw-in is. The aim is to give the ball back to the other team far from your own goal, ideally to their goalkeeper. Usually it's easier to just throw it to a teammate, who can then boot it to their keeper.

It was just a bit of brain fade from Kelechi. Nothing sinister. If we'd scored from it I'm sure BR would have ordered the team to let Norwich score again. Certainly didn't warrant Captain Bumfluff getting his Alice band in a twist.

Agree

The incident yesterday was exactly what he didn't need after two exciting performances, a couple goals and assists and seemingly having got his head together. Not the greatest sportsmanship I've ever seen and - regardless of your interpretations on the rules - I'm sure the coaching team will speak with him but the situation was badly mismanaged by the referee, and imo Rodgers. I wouldn't have hooked Iheanacho so soon after the goal because firstly because we've just scored and secondly because it has made that substitution look to be more fuelled by the incident than tactics. We should have done a double sub at HT. Alas yesterday was an awkward one for us from start to finish, we move on.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Seen it back on MOTD.

By the laws of the game, I thought you couldn't grab/push people near the neck and that constituted a red card offence. With that said, how did Cantwell only escape with a yellow card after doing that to Iheanacho while he waso n the floor. Granted it was only 1-2 seconds but an official has seen that and thought it's only a yellow. 

Yet the guy who swiped Kelechi out escaped with no punishment either - a cynical foul regardless of what happened immediately before.

Another failing of the VAR system.  Until the referees take more responsibility and make use of the pitch side monitors, the system is open to abuse from the so called higher powers in their hideouts who either take far too long over obvious decisions or take none at all.  

All we ask for is consistency.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Seen it back on MOTD.

By the laws of the game, I thought you couldn't grab/push people near the neck and that constituted a red card offence. With that said, how did Cantwell only escape with a yellow card after doing that to Iheanacho while he waso n the floor. Granted it was only 1-2 seconds but an official has seen that and thought it's only a yellow. 

Yet the guy who swiped Kelechi out escaped with no punishment either - a cynical foul regardless of what happened immediately before.

..refs are getting worse and the are looking to abdicate their responsibilities mainly through VAR. So many fouls committed which were technically yellows and Cantwells actions was a red card offence. A big part of the game is discipline and the team that can maintain this should not be penalised by the opponents inability to control themselves. Several of the Norwich players should have been on yellow, a deterrent to shirt tugs, professional fouls etc. Once again we had a ref who either did not know the rules or just chose to ignore them.

• Like 1

It wasn’t Cantwell grabbing his throat that made me think it was a red ....he basically ran up to him and kicked him under his ribs and then did it again whilst his foot was against kel.  Watching the clubs feed from several different cameras showed it better than MOTD or sky. I wouldn’t think the club will release the video but it was pretty damning from some of the angles I saw after the game. 

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Seen it back on MOTD.

The entire ref performance was utterly hideous tbh. He was a mess, didn't have control of anything, let them get away with murder. 

The whole Iheanacho thing he could and should have prevented by just stopping play and giving them a drop ball if necessary. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I guess if Ricardo wasn’t down then kel could have almost justified his actions as Norwich put the ball out to protect the 9 players they had standing ....this cannot be left to players, the ref has to take control and instruct the players what he expects them to do on restart 

Ref cant take control as the laws dont cover the situation.It  has to be that if a team deliberately kicks the ball out of play for whatever reason  they forfeit possession ,we all know where we stand then.

4 minutes ago, JohnSjobergsno5 said:

Ref cant take control as the laws dont cover the situation.It  has to be that if a team deliberately kicks the ball out of play for whatever reason  they forfeit possession ,we all know where we stand then.

Then we lose the current accepted ‘fair play’ situation where a team puts the ball out so an opposition player can get treatment 

though if a team puts the ball out then they clearly forfeit possession ????

my point is that the ref tells the thrower and possible recipient of the throw that he expects them to turn over possession .... yesterday , madley started pointing towards the goalkeeper after kel started to run with the ball ....... too late ! 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Then we lose the current accepted ‘fair play’ situation where a team puts the ball out so an opposition player can get treatment 

though if a team puts the ball out then they clearly forfeit possession ????

my point is that the ref tells the thrower and possible recipient of the throw that he expects them to turn over possession .... yesterday , madley started pointing towards the goalkeeper after kel started to run with the ball ....... too late ! 

But surely if its not covered by the laws of the game then the ref is  / should be powerless and has no right to suggest anything  although he was clearly having the conversation with maddison over the taking of the  free kick that followed the foul.

I agree there has to be a level of accepted fair play in any sport but i just  dont think it works in this situation here in football.

13 hours ago, dynamark said:

Having seen that again the ref didn't even give the free kick for the bad foul on Nacho edge of the box .I think Nacho was unsure of the situation  as he saw the collision between a player from each side who went down .Then our player threw the ball to him not the opposition and he had  a bit of a look round no gestures from anyone  so on he went .

His mate Wilf piled in to help though

Yes he did, madders took it but choose to kick it back to the keeper after order was restored.

I feel sorry for Kelechi, He done nothing wrong. There's nothing in the rules that state you must turn over possession. In fact this never happened when I played a long time ago now.

Now it's the accepted norm,but I think Kelechi was so concentrated on the game as to what I do next that he

failed to realize that Norwich had kicked the ball out.

As to the game he wasn't as good as his previous performances but still unfortunate to be taken off.

I think his performance was symthamatic of the team on Saturday. I've seen it so many times.

The hardest thing to do is lift yourself when you've expected an easy win. It really takes the whole team to roll up their sleeves and work hard. Which can be difficult as you've given the impetus to the opposition.

It's on!y one game and I hope the players have learned from it.

Brendan will have put an arm around him and put his mind at ease.

I'm sure he'll be back in the team on Wednesday against Everton and I expect a big performance from him.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2019 at 10:13, StanSP said:

Seen it back on MOTD.

VAR really is pants isn’t it

Anyone could see there were little kicks aimed at Kelechi, lying prone on the floor

VAR will stop a goal being given on account of an arse-hair, but won’t intervene in nonsense like this?

Meh

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

VAR really is pants isn’t it

Anyone could see there were little kicks aimed at Kelechi, lying prone on the floor

VAR will stop a goal being given on account of an arse-hair, but won’t intervene in nonsense like this?

Meh

Yesterday's paper said the prem clubs wanted var to avoid hairline decisions by the need to only get involved if there is a clear and obvious error. Big mistake.

This is mad.  We got var in coz we needed to sort out poor ref decisions ... yet the clear and obvs thing kowtows to the refs.  I think the var should be about truth and get involved in anything they see.  Fouls on nacho and assaults be Cantwell etc.

I noticed also that to avoid being hit on the break norwich fouled the first man...allowing their defenders to get back. Cynical. Var should have intervined  with yellow cards every time... that's the only way to stop it.  The prem is in the entertainment business and the6de fouls frustrate entertainment.

Finally... If we dont want armpit off sides then just implement a 5 cm tolerance on the body above the waste.

• Like 1