Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

What an amazing turn around in form over the past 2 months, especially after that penalty miss at against Palace when his confidence must've been at rock bottom. Got to keep playing him even if it means sticking to the current system - it will be interesting what Rodgers does once Barnes is back fully fit

looking at BR body language in the post match interview I'm still not sure he's sold on him, he spoke about how Nacho needs someone up with him, he's pointing out his limitations. I'd like to see nacho play with madders and Barnes and with his current confident form I think he'd be fine. What's changed for nacho is his energy and involvement, and what's changed in the team is our patient build up, nit having to rely on pace which suits nacho as he isn't blessed in that department. it will be interesting to see if we offer him a new contract because BR isn't going to play 2 up top forever 

Most likely he will leave, or if he does sign a new contract will want serious assurances he will get playing time. On some Nigerian papers their are whispers of at least 3 clubs with one being a German top 4 team flocking.

I just don't see him returning to the bench like a gentle lamb. It's affected his national team appearances and when he plays you see there is something wrong with his confidence. 

Being on the bench that long even for Vardy hasn't been good for him, and the expectations Nigerians had for him is getting stretched. 

27 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

12 months till that clause expires 😳😳😳

Man City could buy him back if this continues 

He has to agree to sit in their bench though

Kel is giving us so much at the moment. He’s holding the ball up, he’s creating chances and his finishing is fantastic. Tonight was a superb around performance; he’s really stepped in the absence of Madders and Barnes. Such a massive boost for us to have a player of such quality to come into the side.

It is brilliant to see him coming good.  He has been written off by many on here.  Now with opportunity  and confidence I  a well coached side, he looks the business.  I thought it worth retaining him as a back up striker but he is becoming some player.

His FA Cup stats are sensational. Others clearly like playing with him.  Currently  he is now one of our top class players.  It has been said that many that without Vardy's goals we would be in trouble.  No longer.  Iheanacho,  Barnes, Maddison and Tielemans are all chipping in.

Hopefully, he stays for a few years.  Perhaps he would not be keen on returning to Man City anyway.  He seems quite Leicester now.

Today, I think he proved his worth.  A hat-trick against a shell shocked Sheff Utd is great.  To get two the following week against the richest club from the richest league is another level.  

His variety of finishes has been superb.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

looking at BR body language in the post match interview I'm still not sure he's sold on him, he spoke about how Nacho needs someone up with him, he's pointing out his limitations. I'd like to see nacho play with madders and Barnes and with his current confident form I think he'd be fine. What's changed for nacho is his energy and involvement, and what's changed in the team is our patient build up, nit having to rely on pace which suits nacho as he isn't blessed in that department. it will be interesting to see if we offer him a new contract because BR isn't going to play 2 up top forever 

he was giving him a lot of praise in the pre match interview so can't see that being the case, he also said he has to use different formations so there will always be room esp with Vardy only having a couple of seasons left 

I wrote him off after that Palace game. Thought he’d never fit into the team and hadn’t showed the potential we knew he had.

Now he’s showing that potential, and I’m very happily eating a large slice of Humble Pie.

Nacho - you’re in the form of your life and we’re all loving it (for the goals and the interviews!). Let’s hope you kick on from here and show us just how good you can be for our boys in blue!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

I think basically those two back just gives us options! Barnes can play up front with Nacho and pull players out of position like Vardy does, while Maddison can play in the hole instead of/subbed for Perez.

With a fully fit squad, we're actually quite frightening going forward.

This is probably the future Barnes in place of Vardy, which will be frighteningly good too