Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

13 hours ago, Collymore said:

The second was a bit tricky as he might have been unsighted but how can you say the first wasn't easy? An absolute gift and you'd expect a Premier League striker to put that away 99/100 from that position. 

It was a gift for sure, but Kel's first touch was good, and it was simple from there. A bad touch and he is missing, at least in my opinion.

Of course you would expect quality strikers to finish that, but what you expect and what you get are two different things. Anyway, no sweat, I think your point is reasonable, even if I disagree.

Maybe it is just the excitement of seeing a man reborn! :thumbup:

• Like 2

By no means a slight at the GOAT, but Seniorman Keli has not just been in sensational goal scoring form but had Vardy had his shooting boots on he probably should have had several assists, as well, in the last few games.

Vardys shot headed of the line vs Sheff Utd, the missed chance yesterday when he went to the near post and when he slid it wide of the near post vs Sheff Utd as well. Might be other as well but those were golden chances you’d normally expect Vardy to bag, and created by Kelechi.

Proving that he’s not just a goal scorer but can also be a creator, this system and the form he’s in is just incredible at the minute. Long may it continue 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mad biker said:

100% mate, worry not :-)

Going off topic slightly but genuine question - have many clubs in the past activated this buy back clause option?  I’m not clued up on the ins and outs intricacies of a lot of other clubs other than our own. Just wondering if it’s a thing that gets written into a lot of contracts but never really turns out to be a ‘thing’

I’ve tee’d that up nicely for someone to hit me with a huge list of well known bought back transfers 😂 

Can anyone explain where senior man came from ? This has gone right over my head... I feel old now

i hadn’t heard it before yesterday and now even news outlets are writing seniorman iheanacho lol

Edited by Lambert09

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Has he ever had a run like this though? Pretty much guaranteed sequence of starts without the knowledge that no matter how well he does Vardy will replace him the next game? He’s been given a level of security/confidence and to a confidence player like himself that’s huge. His goal threat has always been there, as shown in his impressive goal stats. 

There are other players that come in and out of the team though and perform at a consistent level such as Albrighton or Mendy for example.  

Kelechi's City career is a bit of an enigma,  There's no doubt that he has looked pretty hapless at times but it's brilliant to see him blossoming and seemingly loving life now.  I don't know what it is that has changed for him but I think it's more than a run in the team.  He looks a different player.

11 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

I really hope he’s fired up for Pep and co.....🔥🔥💥💥

Big time!  Every **** on bluemoon is convinced he missed this one on purpose and it’s past time he set them straight.

8 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

It was a gift for sure, but Kel's first touch was good, and it was simple from there. A bad touch and he is missing, at least in my opinion.

Of course you would expect quality strikers to finish that, but what you expect and what you get are two different things. Anyway, no sweat, I think your point is reasonable, even if I disagree.

Maybe it is just the excitement of seeing a man reborn! :thumbup:

How refreshing to have a reply that is balanced and fair. Well put.

To us mere mortals there are so many chances to mess that up but as I said, that would be bread and butter for a player of Nacho's quality. 

Actually I retract my previous statement of 99/100 for Premier League strikers as I've just imagined Joelinton in that position and I'd imagine maybe 20/100. 

I think the thing is with Nacho, I don't think anyone has ever doubted his finishing ability, it's just in the past I couldn't imagine him switched on enough to be intercepting that back pass. 

Absolutely no doubt that he's going score time and time again from that position though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

He used to score like this for Man City. Maybe we’re just good enough to get better from him now, rather than where we were with mainly counter attacking? 

Iheanacho needs 2 of 3 things, confidence which makes him a completely different player, the right service and playing in a front 2.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KingsX said:

Big time!  Every **** on bluemoon is convinced he missed this one on purpose and it’s past time he set them straight.

This is the Last min Company Thunderbolt game wasn’t it. I remember Choudhary being great in this game and look at how forward he is there and great slipped-in pass to Nacho.

Hamza has probably progressed the least since BR had taken over. Nacho on the other hand has done so well and now would bury that chance.

Edited by jmono84

If, like me, you wrote him off once and for all after Palace away, this run of mind-boggling brilliance by Kels is just that: mind-boggling. It's not run-of-the-mill brilliance either, like we're used to seeing from Jamie Vardy. It's on another, higher level. Kels has hardly put a foot wrong in the last two games, and scored five goals from, I think, five chances (or about the same number the GOAT had in the same games, without scoring).

In the still very unlikely event that we go on to win the FA Cup this season, it is presently more likely than not that the winner would be scored by Iheanacho, rather than Vardy or anyone else.

How crazy is that? What would the odds have been on 29th December last?!?  

• Like 3

On 22/03/2021 at 13:04, TJB-fox said:

Iheanacho hasn’t been transformed massively like many are suggesting, he’s just being given a fair run of game time. It’s bloody hard to make an impact in 5min cameos and odd cup appearances. So glad he’s taking his opportunity, the guy seriously knows where the net is. 

I feel the biggest effect he is actually not been used as a sole striker anymore, I feel he was been used wrong.  But for sure his confidence has also gone up with the run of games as well.  Hopefully moving forward Nacho is used with at least one other player up front with him in any games he plays.

• Like 2