Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

55 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Perhaps it's just me, but Vardy never really seems enthused when Nacho scores. Others run over to congratulate him, but Vardy never seems that bothered. 

What about the goal he laid for Kel against Sheff Utd? Seemed pretty happy then. 

I do believe we are going to see Kel start to play with more personality and express himself now, Tielmans alluded that hes a shy guy and i've thought this from some of his post match interviews, the yell at the end of the interview, all good players have a bit of swagger about them, an as his confidence continues to grow, he strikes me as humble though, an hopefully won't get to ahead of himself as the plaudits start to come in more regularly.

Kelechi has been really good most of the season....however.

Today he was another level, a really world class performance. Held the ball up, great first touch, pressed excellently and 2 goals and an assist.

At the age he's at, he's coming into learning exactly what kind of player he is, and that's obviously a second striker. Absolutely thrilled for the guy, just wish fans were back in as he would be a proper cult hero in the stands right now!

• Like 1

I think i remember in the crystal palace game the commentator said that vardy looked like he wanted nacho to score the pen just as much as nacho himself did. Ive always thought vardy and nacho got along well as vardy has always looked happy when nacho scores and celebrated with him when he assists him, although it's hard to tell just from interactions on the pitch

Edited by honeybradger

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Check Kels first goal tonight. Vardy was closet to him, but I didn't see him celebrate with him. Again, I may be off the mark, but Vardy taking the mick about him crying after his hatrick v Sheffield united in the dressing room after the game might caused some ill feeling as he dedicated the goal to his mother.

Vardy walked over to Kel, the camera cut away after the first few players ran to him, but you can see Vardy arriving later on some of the alternate angles. Think he's trying to avoid sprinting any more than he needs to, he reacted similarly for Youri's goal.

0B17A588-3FFA-4B12-9E90-86D64081D50D.png

• Like 1

Kel is turning onto a monster. Both finishes were a little bit tricky, and he made them look easier than they were.

He has turned his career around in just a few weeks, and I don't think we will ever look at him in quite the same way. It's been extraordinary really, and whatever happens now, Kel is back in the game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Kel is turning onto a monster. Both finishes were a little bit tricky, and he made them look easier than they were.

He has turned his career around in just a few weeks, and I don't think we will ever look at him in quite the same way. It's been extraordinary really, and whatever happens now, Kel is back in the game.

The second was a bit tricky as he might have been unsighted but how can you say the first wasn't easy? An absolute gift and you'd expect a Premier League striker to put that away 99/100 from that position. 

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

He created the chance for himself by reading the pass, getting there first, then a clever feint to get around the keeper. 

slotting it in was the easy part, the rest wasn’t 

Disagree. Yes, he chose the slightly more risky/difficult route of taking it around the keeper but it wasn't the only way he could have scored from that position. 

Not in a million years am I buying that was a difficult goal to score at that level, sorry. 

• Haha 1

What I like is Rodgers acknowledged in a recent interview that Nacho needs another forward alongside him, he is is much better when support is around him so is good the manager now agrees.

So I hope from now on whenever Nacho plays either Perez or Vardy is playing as well.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1