Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Didn’t stand out either way today, looks to have some pace and is confident getting on the ball! He knows his current place and I’m sure he’s working hard and learning off Ricardo can only improve him! 

Only his 5/6 game after a 2 League’s jump, I think he’s settled down okay, the standard increase must have been huge! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

So who would play back up to Ricardo if he gets injured next season when Justin is out on loan? And who would we rotate with when Ricardo is knackered at Christmas?

Loan in/ sign some older player like Gibbs from West Brom, or sign a centreback who can cover for right back e.g. Ben White.

• Haha 3

Justin was flat yesterday, but so was the whole team. He's shown against West Ham that he can cope with PL football. I can see a lot of interest in the summer for Ricardo, so JJ may have an extremely important role to play next season. 

12 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Justin was flat yesterday, but so was the whole team. He's shown against West Ham that he can cope with PL football. I can see a lot of interest in the summer for Ricardo, so JJ may have an extremely important role to play next season. 

No way would we not buy a more experienced right back if Ricardo left.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Loan in/ sign some older player like Gibbs from West Brom, or sign a centreback who can cover for right back e.g. Ben White.

Put the computer/phone/pipe down for awhile. This is terrible team management and runs completely against all the efforts the club's made to foster a positive peer environment for the young guys. 

1 hour ago, knitro said:

Put the computer/phone/pipe down for awhile. This is terrible team management and runs completely against all the efforts the club's made to foster a positive peer environment for the young guys. 

Alright, that's probably correct. But I was just thinking of ways to make sure that Justin's development isn't stunted by our use of him as a squad player.

I mean, picture this and tell me it isn't unrealistic: J.J stays with us for another two or three seasons, however long it takes for Ricardo to leave us. He gets periodic gametime each year, roughly 10 games or so, probably not all as a right back. He basically looks promising and has some good performances and some bad ones. 

Then, when we finally give him the chance to succeed Ricardo after some club finally prises him from us, he'll be in his mid-twenties, too inconsistent, always making mistakes and repeating some basic errors. He's like that for a year and forces us into making a new signing, and we give up on him.

If that sounds familiar it's because it happens all the time around the world, when young players aren't given the time and chance to develop their game. So I guess whilst the squad is more important than James' prospects in particular, we still have to think about his development. It's not something that good coaching can always hand wave away.

That isn't to say that I think the only way he will develop is if he gets a loan and gametime at a high level, but I think it's pretty plausible. 

On 04/01/2020 at 20:23, Koke said:

I really like him and i love the fact that he can play both RB and LB. Which begs the question why can't more full backs play on both sides. Wingers can do it. Other than Azpilicuete and Lahm i dont recall other full backs who can do it. 

A lot of managers probably don't want their full backs cutting inside on the edge of their own box.

Has to stay around the squad/first XI, he will have more and more games as the season progresses I think. Anyone who thinks big numbers are not coming for Ricardo :wub: in the Summer are only fooling themselves I fear.

Although....We all would love him to stay of course and I have no idea how he feels about this club for the longer term.

Guest An Sionnach
57 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Has to stay around the squad/first XI, he will have more and more games as the season progresses I think. Anyone who thinks big numbers are not coming for Ricardo :wub: in the Summer are only fooling themselves I fear.

Although....We all would love him to stay of course and I have no idea how he feels about this club for the longer term.

If we make the top four, nobody from our match day squad will want to leave , contracts will be improved and for every Kante there is a Drinkwater. We are not a selling club now so players leave only when we have an equal or better replacement. Of course you can always run your contract down and sit on the bench , not good for your career.

Edited by An Sionnach

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we make the top four, nobody from our match day squad will want to leave , contracts will be improved and for every Kante there is a Drinkwater. We are not a selling club now so players leave only when we have an equal or better replacement. Of course you can always run your contract down and sit on the bench , not good for your career.

Perhaps. I do not say this to be contrary or dismissive of our great club, a club which is plotting what seems to be the perfect trajectory for building sustained and sutstainable success.

Big clubs are still big clubs, but we do see a slow almost glacial retarding of their influence. I was suprise to see a thread on Red Cafe that asked for the best players outside of the top 6, a top 6 they amended at posters request to remove Arsenal in lieu of Leicester City. Now I accept this is hardly anything of merit, but it does show a mentality shift, albeit a slight and slow one.

45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I'd be surprised if no one from the squad leaves in the summer if we hit top 4. If an elite club e.g. Madrid, Barca, Juve etc come for one of our players and offers very fat wages then i'd be surprised if they wanted to stay. 

I noticed it in the 1st half more than the 2nd but when Wigan had the ball he kept stepping up quite a bit leaving a lot of space behind him which Wigan kept taking advantage of with their striker being able to outrun Morgan for the ball over the top (with one such occasion  resulting in Morgans injury)

Wigan actually took advantage of it in the first half which ended up with a few good balls right across the box which if they had a better striker they probably would’ve at least tested Ward

Just needs to work on his decision making a little bit

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps. I do not say this to be contrary or dismissive of our great club, a club which is plotting what seems to be the perfect trajectory for building sustained and sutstainable success.

Big clubs are still big clubs, but we do see a slow almost glacial retarding of their influence. I was suprise to see a thread on Red Cafe that asked for the best players outside of the top 6, a top 6 they amended at posters request to remove Arsenal in lieu of Leicester City. Now I accept this is hardly anything of merit, but it does show a mentality shift, albeit a slight and slow one.

Money is very important to players of course, but we pay well now and with bigger gates in a bigger stadium, we should see an improvement in future contracts. If you go from first choice with Leicester  to the bench with Real Madrid your profile can quickly drop and potentially lucrative endorsements can be harder to get. Jamie Vardy is one of the world's most high profile players , staying with Leicester has done him no harm.

Edited by An Sionnach

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully if things stay as they are we will have European football next season and an increased domestic cup pedigree which could lead to a 52-55 or so game season. Like Spurs and others in that situation having 2 players per position will be essential and there will be enough games each to develop and keep feeling included and relevant. 

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Thought he looked good going forward but didn't think he looked ready yet defensively today to be honest. Brentford were definitely targeting him and had a lot of joy out of it.

He is a fantastic prospect but a lot to learn defensively. Burton targeted him in the league cup.It did him good and he showed character and got stronger.

Will play for England.

8 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

He is a fantastic prospect but a lot to learn defensively. Burton targeted him in the league cup.It did him good and he showed character and got stronger.

Will play for England.

Doubt he'll get much time for England for a while. TAA will have that position in the bag for years, if he moves position would still expect AWB to be used. 

• 1 month later...