Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

3 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Like Chilly was slowly introduced, good planning imo. Genuinely thought JJ could play either side and FB or WB, but others know best.

He can play either side but he's a right back we are not going to try and play him as an inverted left back for the rest of his career are we. I am sure he could fill in there but it's not going to be a long term strategy is it. 

And this is the point, there's absloutley no evidence he is anywhere near Chillwell's level, I mean he could be but I I'd actually like to see a decent performance at right back before proclaiming our right back position is covered for the next decade. 

11 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

enjoyed pretty much everything he did tonight. 

but i thought he was a right back? we brought him on as a left winger and all the comments in here and other threads say he could be a great replacement for chilwell, or start instead of fuchs? is that just cos ricardo is never going to not play? or is he just not a right back? 

He's a RB by trade, but he's actually played on the left more than on the right, so he's definitely versatile. His positional stats from his whole career on transfermarkt are:

Position / Apps / G / A

LB  43  4  7

RB  42  1  5

LM  3  0  1

RM  3  1  0

DM  1  0  0

CB  1  0  0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, FireFox said:

Would love to see him start a bigger game with Ricardo as a winger.

Could well work, and potentially solve our issues with the wingers not contributing enough (although I'd still want us to sign another improvement, mind...)