Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Wasn’t at the West Ham game and the MOTD highlights were rubbish but I was very impressed when JJ came on briefly as a sub against Watford.  Assuming we are in Europe next year and want to maintain our status as part of a new ‘Top 6/7’ then we will need the strength in depth that JJ and others bring.

I suspect he was bought with half an eye on Ricardo or Chilwell leaving in the next 18 months anyway as others have said and he will have known that when he signed.

Not convinced about moving Ricky up the pitch though, I seem to remember he started his career as a midfielder but moved back to RB later (like TAA).  I could see the argument for bringing JJ on and moving RP up if we were defending a lead and under pressure down that flank.

With Nige and Shaky now looking capable of delivering the (not quite so) Great Escape II at Vicarage Road, providing they manage to negotiate the likely summer celebratory Italian tour to Udine without mishaps, perhaps we can loan players like Justin out to Watford next season to hone them. I am sure @Super_hornsand @superhornswon't mind . 😉

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

With Nige and Shaky now looking capable of delivering the (not quite so) Great Escape II at Vicarage Road, providing they manage to negotiate the likely summer celebratory Italian tour to Udine without mishaps, perhaps we can loan players like Justin out to Watford next season to hone them. I am sure @superhorns won't mind. 😉

Sooner we loaned the Amartey tbh. We’re gonna need JJ

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Justin was excellent - I'm really hopeful that his obvious natural ability and the fact he's following a similar path to Soyuncu, playing a limited role in the league with lots of minutes in the cups and as a rotation option, as well as training in a good club environment will really help him. He seems a very grounded and hardworking player too. Hugely positive early signs.

Don't agree with moving Ricardo up the pitch to accommodate him though. I'd rather we waited for the opportunity to sign a top winger rather than move an exceptionally talented full back onto the wing to shoehorn Justin in. Justin's time will come and no doubt he's been signed with the understanding that he will progressively work his way into the team. Definitely some more opportunities coming up for him in the FA Cup and with some possible rotation around League/Cup semi-final fixtures in the near future.

I definitely don’t agree with moving Ricardo up either... BUT I think we are in a position where Ricardo is both our best full back and best winger. Luckily January has arrived and we can finally sort are wide options out.

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

I definitely don’t agree with moving Ricardo up either... BUT I think we are in a position where Ricardo is both our best full back and best winger. Luckily January has arrived and we can finally sort are wide options out.

I agree with that - Ricardo was our best winger last season in terms of being able to beat a player and get deliveries into the box and that's something that appears to have continued this season. In some games this season, we've only looked dangerous on the right when Ricardo has got forward to support the attack. In fairness to the other wingers, I think that's a lot more to do with Ricardo's outrageous ability rather than their own faults/inconsistencies. It's an obvious weakness in the team so, like you say, hopefully they address in January or, if the right option isn't available mid-season, the summer.

4 hours ago, Bayfox said:

If we make CL why would you loan out a player that can cover both fullback positions. When you will have an extra 6 games before Christmas to cope with.

Good point. i guess if we let Fuchs go and sign a new backup left back we could use Justin for both positions whilst acclimating the new signing.

I’ve seen enough in JJ to keep him at home. Rogers was instrumental in the recognition and early development of TAA at pool and has admitted so. He will know exactly what to do with JJ. Training with Ricky what a luxury to have in his development!

Anyway plenty more games left this season and I can see us needing him and playing a bigger and bigger role. Ricky is awesome but I’d hate to lose him to a long term injury because we got greedy and over played him. We have to be careful & play our cards right this season  😉🤞🏽

On 30/12/2019 at 09:39, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

With Nige and Shaky now looking capable of delivering the (not quite so) Great Escape II at Vicarage Road, providing they manage to negotiate the likely summer celebratory Italian tour to Udine without mishaps, perhaps we can loan players like Justin out to Watford next season to hone them. I am sure @Super_hornsand @superhornswon't mind . 😉

As an ex Luton player from their youth system not sure he'd want to come!

• Like 1

On 30/12/2019 at 18:15, Finnegan said:

So we wanted cover at FB for years and now we have it, FT wants to loan him out? 

Lol

Unfortunately the drugs are not working today. Today's Match Thread promises to be an absolute 'Corker'.   I predict a Rogers out Poll if we do not win by 6.

I really like him and i love the fact that he can play both RB and LB. Which begs the question why can't more full backs play on both sides. Wingers can do it. Other than Azpilicuete and Lahm i dont recall other full backs who can do it. 

On 30/12/2019 at 08:06, Nicolo Barella said:

Give him enough gametime this season for a PL club to be convinced to take him on loan next season, assuming we make CL and Ricardo stays. Then we'll have a ready Ricardo replacement for when he leaves. 

All that pending on a lot of "hopefully" "if" "but" though.

So who would play back up to Ricardo if he gets injured next season when Justin is out on loan? And who would we rotate with when Ricardo is knackered at Christmas?