Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Brilliant move from Rodgers to stick him on. Fuchs needed help and support and bringing Justin on there stopped their RB getting free along against Fuchs. 

Some of the touches and attacking moves he was involved in helped relieve so much pressure though. Great to see and good use of the squad again by Rodgers. Sunday was Iheanacho and today was Justin! 

• Like 3

looked tidy. didnt really have to do much defending but his touch looked assured and he wasn't overawed by his PL debut.  All you can ask is that players coming into the side are capable of holding their own and doing a job which he did. A difficult game tonight but we will have sent a message in the last two games that we are not going to fade as we really do have decent cover all over the pitch and will never give up until the final whistle

Arent Watford rivals with Luton? Assist on his Prem debut must be feeling pretty good for Justin right now.

Great sub by Brenders. Justin can be useful off the bench in games like this, as soon as he was subbed on Watford's attack play down that flank really died off.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Arent Watford rivals with Luton? Assist on his Prem debut must be feeling pretty good for Justin right now.

Great sub by Brenders. Justin can be useful off the bench in games like this, as soon as he was subbed on Watford's attack play down that flank really died off.

Yes, Luton see Watford as big rivals. Justin was clearly fired up so it was a great substitution on Brendan's part. What impressed me most though was Justin's confidence. It is easy to be a rabbit in the headlights on your 1st PL appearance especially given the fact it was still only 1-0. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KFS said:

He played like a Rodgers player tonight. Made good choices in possession, good running and skilful too. 

Fitted in so effortlessly - you could see that they are so well drilled in how Rodgers wants them to play that even players who are very rarely making it into the pitch can slot in with ease. 

• Like 2

enjoyed pretty much everything he did tonight. 

but i thought he was a right back? we brought him on as a left winger and all the comments in here and other threads say he could be a great replacement for chilwell, or start instead of fuchs? is that just cos ricardo is never going to not play? or is he just not a right back? 

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

but i thought he was a right back? we brought him on as a left winger and all the comments in here and other threads say he could be a great replacement for chilwell, or start instead of fuchs? is that just cos ricardo is never going to not play? or is he just not a right back? 

He’s Ricardo-lite. Both of them have RB as their primary position, but can play LB/LW/RW/LWB/RWB as well. :blush:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brucey said:

He’s Ricardo-lite. Both of them have RB as their primary position, but can play LB/LW/RW/LWB/RWB as well. :blush:

I was thinking this during the game... Ricardo could genuinely fill in at central midfield (in any role) and do a job, he’s that good. 

Not quite on the hype train yet, but I'm glad he had a good performance to move past that dreadful showing in the cup. I think it helped that he had few defensive duties with Fuchs behind him. It's also interesting to me that he has looked more comfortable on the left than the right so far (in the admittedly small sample size we've had so far), despite him preferring to play on the right. 

Perhaps he's just out of practice playing on the right seeing all of his last season was at left back. In which case the mooted loan to Fulham starts to make sense for the lad. Although that would depend on us getting RB cover really.

7 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

He's seen as being just as good on either side RB or LB. Although he did look like a right footed player playing on the left yesterday and not a two footed player. That's probably why he's behind Fuchs as a left back option.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Not quite on the hype train yet, but I'm glad he had a good performance to move past that dreadful showing in the cup. I think it helped that he had few defensive duties with Fuchs behind him. 

Interestingly when Chilwell first broke into the team he was brought on at LW with Fuchs at LB to help close out games. Perhaps we could do the same on the right, bringing him on at RW for Perez who tends to fade as games go on. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brucey said:

Interestingly when Chilwell first broke into the team he was brought on at LW with Fuchs at LB to help close out games. Perhaps we could do the same on the right, bringing him on at RW for Perez who tends to fade as games go on. 

An alternative to Gray, interesting. Worth considering, especially if we move Gray on.

12 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I mean I don’t know how you can get “He’s the future” from the performances he’s put in so far plus a decent 20 odd minutes today 😂 but yeah, he did well tonight, going to be tough for him as There’s a lot of competition for the areas he wants to play in.

Main reason he's the future is Fuchs is off back to his family in USA at end of the season. LCFC just properly planning for the future as with Maguire. JJ will slot in seamlessly. Perfect

Edited by FoxFossil

41 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Main reason he's the future is Fuchs is off back to his family in USA at end of the season. LCFC just properly planning for the future as with Maguire. JJ will slot in seamlessly. Perfect

Fuchs is a left back Justin's a right back......

But Yeah anyway, I'm still puzzled how he's proven he has the quality to be a regular in this side after a decent 20 minutes not even playing full back but there we are

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Fuchs is a left back Justin's a right back......

But Yeah anyway, I'm still puzzled how he's proven he has the quality to be a regular in this side after a decent 20 minutes not even playing full back but there we are

Like Chilly was slowly introduced, good planning imo. Genuinely thought JJ could play either side and FB or WB, but others know best.