Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Southampton (H) pre-match thread

3 hours ago, Permafrost said:

Kasper

Ricardo        Evans          Soyuncu         Chilwell/Fuchs

Mendy

Choudhury

Perez                Maddison                Barnes

Vardy

Brendan, this is it mate. Take heed  :thumbup:.

Mmmm. Not bad and see where you are coming from.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I assume he means his role.

Clearly that’s NOT what he meant.

The full sentence (highlights mine) reads: “Chopping and changing Tielemans recently for rest purposes probably hasn’t helped and he probably needs to play to return to form”.

19 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

A well reasoned and thought out post. 

I agree e that mixing it up isn't a bad idea, which means it could be almost any formation atm but sticking with your choice I'd make a few  changes. 

I don't know where I stood with maddison and hopefully your observations were a result of what brendan has just told us about him being Injured. I would have played him otherwise but probably mostly because I thought they were all just shit last night so didn't notice anything specific with him. 

After villa I'd be tempted to try fuchs anyway and risk it, or even Justin (but I've made my thoughts perfectly clear in the Chilwell thread so ill leave it at that here) 

My main difference of opinion is that I think vardy has had a longer break than he has had for a long time and needs to be played Into form now imo, and with our "favourable" run of fixtures we should have enough to see us through and have him back on it in time for the tougher games. 

Kelechi seems the obvious choice up front alongside him with his current form but as above, with our run of fixtures (very likely over optimistic as we haven't been all that since Norwich) I don't see him as the future even in his good form so would like to give Barnes or gray a chance with 2 up top and alongside vardy, and the other on the wing. 

Having said that I would love us to play 2 up top as our main formation and as long as vardy is one of them, think any one of perez, gray, Barnes and Kelechi could do a job and wouldnt be unhappy with any of them. Kelechi does seem the obvious choice in the short term if we went that way but my choice is obviously tainted by my overriding belief that Kelechi is not the future, no matter how much we want him to be. 

Though I do not expect Kelechi to start against the Saints, who cares about some nebulous “future”? We want to win games NOW, and need to get CURRENTLY in-form players as much game time as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Clearly that’s NOT what he meant.

The full sentence (highlights mine) reads: “Chopping and changing Tielemans (position/role) recently for rest purposes (of others) probably hasn’t helped and he probably needs to (keep) play(ing) to return to form”.

That’s how I read it.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

No way Maddison doesn't play tomorrow, you don't drop players like him. I'd like to see Vardy and the snatcho up front, Madders in behind alongside Barnes left and Perez right with Hamza behind them. Usual back 5. 

Interesting Gray didn't play midweek as I think Brendan was annoyed with him vs Wigan.  

I think gw leic772    your right on reflection that Vardy will probabaly start as was pictured training today, be nice if he did not play the full 90 for once if he does though.

The difference compared to three years ago apart from city and liverpool being much better , is its a much younger squard, for all the quality of the team, its not easy for a team which has a lot of young players to deal with the pressure of being expeected to win alot of games.

dealing with that pressure will be part of how well the group does in the last part of the season.

i

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, twister said:

I think gw leic772    your right on reflection that Vardy will probabaly start as was pictured training today, be nice if he did not play the full 90 for once if he does though.

I put money on Vardy to score 20 at the start of the season so I would like him to start but can be subbed after he scores.

55 minutes ago, twister said:

The difference compared to three years ago apart from city and liverpool being much better , is its a much younger squard, for all the quality of the team, its not easy for a team which has a lot of young players to deal with the pressure of being expeected to win alot of games.

dealing with that pressure will be part of how well the group does in the last part of the season.

i

That deserves a ban. Please stop it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Though I do not expect Kelechi to start against the Saints, who cares about some nebulous “future”? We want to win games NOW, and need to get CURRENTLY in-form players as much game time as possible.

Good call. Play all.your best players every time regardless and then if you get an injury or a slump, no one else is ready.

Good call. The future is 

nebulous

/ˈnɛbjʊləs/

adjective

in the form of a cloud or haze; hazy.

"a giant nebulous glow"

Similar:

indistinct

indefinite

unclear

vague

hazy

cloudy

fuzzy

misty

lacking definition

blurred

blurry

out of focus

foggy

faint

shadowy

dim

obscure

shapeless

formless

unformed

amorphous

nebulose

Opposite:

clear

(of a concept) vague or ill-defined.

"nebulous concepts like quality of life"

Similar:

vague

ill-defined

unclear

hazy

uncertain

indefinite

indeterminate

imprecise

unformed

muddled

confused

ambiguous

inchoate

opaque

muddy

Opposite:

well defined

future

/ˈfjuːtʃə/

noun

a period of time following the moment of speaking or writing; time regarded as still to come.

"we plan on getting married in the near future"

Similar:

time to come

time ahead

Nebulous future equals:

oxymoron

/ˌɒksɪˈmɔːrɒn/

noun

a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

Not to be confused with 

moron

/ˈmɔːrɒn/

noun

INFORMAL

a stupid person.

Ie somebody who doesnt plan for the "guaranteed" future. Ie not playing chilwell last season so he can develop into englands first choice left back.

Or

Somebody who believes vardy will last forever and therefore there is no need for forward planning.

And a bonus one

opinion

/əˈpɪnjən/

noun

a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

"that, in my opinion, is right"

Opinions can differ. Ie in answer to your question, i care about the future, which even in light of your differing opinion, does not automatically make it a daft suggestion, especially in the context of our football club who are widely regarded as being successful largely due to excellent recruitment in the past, for the then "future" which is now.

Tldr: strange angry response to my offering of one option, to help for yhe future. I can happily accept different opinions on my suggestion but really thought the future was a downright certainty rather than a figment of my imagination.

• Haha 1

On 09/01/2020 at 15:51, Slab Edd said:

Ahem allow me to introduce

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Cags Fuchs

Hamza

Maddison     Praet

Perez

Iheanacho    Vardy

Not bad at all, and could even work with tielemans in for praet (youri on better form of course, but also taking into account praets similar slight dip in form)

4 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Good call. Play all.your best players every time regardless and then if you get an injury or a slump, no one else is ready.

Good call. The future is 

nebulous

/ˈnɛbjʊləs/

adjective

"a giant nebulous glow"

Similar:

indistinct

indefinite

unclear

vague

hazy

cloudy

fuzzy

misty

lacking definition

blurred

blurry

out of focus

foggy

faint

shadowy

dim

obscure

shapeless

formless

unformed

amorphous

nebulose

Opposite:

clear

Similar:

vague

ill-defined

unclear

hazy

uncertain

indefinite

indeterminate

imprecise

unformed

muddled

confused

ambiguous

inchoate

opaque

muddy

Opposite:

well defined

future

/ˈfjuːtʃə/

noun

a period of time following the moment of speaking or writing; time regarded as still to come.

Similar:

time to come

time ahead

Nebulous future equals:

oxymoron

/ˌɒksɪˈmɔːrɒn/

noun

a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

Not to be confused with 

moron

/ˈmɔːrɒn/

noun

INFORMAL

a stupid person.

Ie somebody who doesnt plan for the "guaranteed" future. Ie not playing chilwell last season so he can develop into englands first choice left back.

Or

Somebody who believes vardy will last forever and therefore there is no need for forward planning.

And a bonus one

opinion

/əˈpɪnjən/

noun

a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Opinions can differ. Ie in answer to your question, i care about the future, which even in light of your differing opinion, does not automatically make it a daft suggestion, especially in the context of our football club who are widely regarded as being successful largely due to excellent recruitment in the past, for the then "future" which is now.

Tldr: strange angry response to my offering of one option, to help for yhe future. I can happily accept different opinions on my suggestion but really thought the future was a downright certainty rather than a figment of my imagination.

'Nebulous future' is an oxymoron? lollollol

Just when you think you've seen it all on FT. SMH.

Anyway, I get the need to chase diversionary gramatical shadows when there's nothing to offer on the substance of the discourse at hand, but whenever you're ready to return to football you're welcome to rejoin us.

>

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Good call. The future is 

nebulous

/ˈnɛbjʊləs/

adjective

"a giant nebulous glow"

Similar:

indistinct

indefinite

unclear

vague

hazy

cloudy

fuzzy

misty

lacking definition

blurred

blurry

out of focus

foggy

faint

shadowy

dim

obscure

shapeless

formless

unformed

amorphous

nebulose

Opposite:

clear

Similar:

vague

ill-defined

unclear

hazy

uncertain

indefinite

indeterminate

imprecise

unformed

muddled

confused

ambiguous

inchoate

opaque

muddy

Opposite:

well defined

future

/ˈfjuːtʃə/

noun

Similar:

time to come

time ahead

Nebulous future equals:

oxymoron

/ˌɒksɪˈmɔːrɒn/

noun

Not to be confused with 

moron

/ˈmɔːrɒn/

noun

INFORMAL

a stupid person.

Or

And a bonus one

opinion

/əˈpɪnjən/

noun

Oops! See a sliver of substance. lol

Er...it's the same 11 (or 14) who would be hit top form at the same time (eg, Kelechi could not have been said to be in top form just a few weeks ago, while Chilwell's and even Tielemans' form have dipped lately). Accordingly, we will NOT be playing the same players to exhaustion. 

The notion that, in the midst of chasing a Top 4 finish, we 'reward' players who are currently in top form (especially one who has worked his way up from subpar form) by benching them in favor of those who are not because of some uncertain (aka nebulous) future is mind-boggling. 

Meanwhile, a Top 4 finish and thus a Champions' League place would be significant to our future in so many ways (retaining/attracting players, raising visibility/brand, financial, etc.). 

5 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Good call. The future is 

nebulous

/ˈnɛbjʊləs/

adjective

"a giant nebulous glow"

Similar:

indistinct

indefinite

unclear

vague

hazy

cloudy

fuzzy

misty

lacking definition

blurred

blurry

out of focus

foggy

faint

shadowy

dim

obscure

shapeless

formless

unformed

amorphous

nebulose

Opposite:

clear

Similar:

vague

ill-defined

unclear

hazy

uncertain

indefinite

indeterminate

imprecise

unformed

muddled

confused

ambiguous

inchoate

opaque

muddy

Opposite:

well defined

future

/ˈfjuːtʃə/

noun

Similar:

time to come

time ahead

Nebulous future equals:

oxymoron

/ˌɒksɪˈmɔːrɒn/

noun

Not to be confused with 

moron

/ˈmɔːrɒn/

noun

INFORMAL

a stupid person.

Or

And a bonus one

opinion

/əˈpɪnjən/

noun

Excellent. Liked that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Schmeichel 

Ricardo 

Soyuncu 

Evans 

Chilwell 

Choudhury 

Praet

Maddison 

Perez 

Vardy 

Barnes

This. If BR goes 3atb then Fuchs for Barnes but 433 is what I’d pick with above line up

Saints gonna be proper up for this after the 0-9. Our foxes better be ready!! 

Cmoooooooon !!!

• Like 1