Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Southampton (H) pre-match thread

12 minutes ago, Messi said:

Hoping Harvey gets put back in today, he was brilliant in the game against them last time and it’d do his confidence the world of good if he could score in back to back games. 

If Perez plays he’s gonna have a hat-trick of confidence in him.

53 minutes ago, murphy said:

As soon as our first goal goes in, their PTSD is gonna kick in.

will be interesting if we could get an early breakthrough 

my take is that their professional integrity was called into question that night and they will be so up for it this afternoon that (unless they have a man sent off) a win by more than a couple of goals is pretty well out of the question. They also won’t have been impressed by fellow professionals sticking the knife in like we did down there. (Moreso given that we aren’t a ‘top club’). it should be a very tough afternoon indeed. 

expecting a draw .........

58 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Southampton only bringing 1280 fans having taken the smallest allocation. Poor. 

their own fans are annoyed about their decision to take such a small allocation ! surely they can sell more than this if they tried - especially since their record is (unfortunately) decent on the road

45 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If we win by one goal I'll be grateful. All this talk of expecting comfortable wins reminds me of the attitude of teams during our title win where they were playing little old Leicester and then got beat.

A lot of our fans suddenly think we're on the same level as Liverpool or Man City, we're not, we've just had an awesome half season.

Absolutely, the second half of a season is always much tougher.

Teams at the bottom are fighting for their lives and the teams at the top are always competitive.

With as many as 10 teams still in touching distance of the bottom three, we won’t have many easy games coming up.

13 hours ago, twister said:

I think gw leic772    your right on reflection that Vardy will probabaly start as was pictured training today, be nice if he did not play the full 90 for once if he does though.

The difference compared to three years ago apart from city and liverpool being much better , is its a much younger squard, for all the quality of the team, its not easy for a team which has a lot of young players to deal with the pressure of being expeected to win alot of games.

dealing with that pressure will be part of how well the group does in the last part of the season.

i

Just woke up so haven't read anything else yet (apart for mr @NaijaFox clarifying that my essay got a low grade 😂) but the first thing that came to mind was what someone else posted earlier, if vardy scores 2 and is on for a hat trick, think of the team and swap him for iheanacho regardless around 60.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I don’t think so.

Why would he open with chopping and changing Tielemans, if he just meant resting?

Don’t really want to belabor this discourse (because I actually have nothing but good feelings about Tielemans at City), but Youri’s role on the pitch has NOT been “chopped and changed” except arguably in the last Villa game where it appears he was tasked to play deeper in Wilf’s absence. Other than that, regardless of other personnel (or nominal positions) his ROLE has remain constant - that of a creative midfielder. Nobody has asked Youri to go play in defense or as a striker or even as a winger. Furthermore, his inconsistency in form and performance was NOT merely “recently” but rather has unfortunately been all season long. Let’s just hope he gets back on a consistent roll.

3 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Just woke up so haven't read anything else yet (apart for mr @NaijaFox clarifying that my essay got a low grade 😂) but the first thing that came to mind was what someone else posted earlier, if vardy scores 2 and is on for a hat trick, think of the team and swap him for iheanacho regardless around 60.

But an “A” for effort though! lol
>

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Haha 1

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Don’t really want to belabor this discourse (because I actually have nothing but good feelings about Tielemans at City), but Youri’s role on the pitch has NOT been “chopped and changed” except arguably in the last Villa game where it appears he was tasked to play deeper in Wilf’s absence. Other than that, regardless of other personnel (or nominal positions) his ROLE has remain constant - that of a creative midfielder. Nobody has asked Youri to go play in defense or as a striker or even as a winger. Furthermore, his inconsistency in form and performance was NOT merely “recently” but rather has unfortunately been all season long. Let’s just hope he gets back on a consistent roll.

I completely disagree, we’ve changed formation several times. His role is different in each of them.