Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Burnley post match therapy thread

Rubbish, yet again.  Worrying times but I suppose that depends on what you want from this season. Luckily I suppose Liverpool should Stop United gaining ground but with the fixtures we have coming up, if we don't improve I see a lot of defeats coming up and the top 4 lead all but wiped out over the next 6 games or so.

I know we are third and fnas saying we should be happy with that and thats fine.  What's not fine is the rot that's set in with seemingly no answers to turn it around and also so far, nothing going on in the transfer market to freshen it up.  Just difficult to see what the long term plan is when it's plain to see we've been rubbish for 6 weeks or so.

Things aren't going to plan recently but if you're going through a whole season you have to expect poor runs. 

I know a lot of use this forum to vent but we're bloody third! THIRD! 

Go and contemplate that for a bit as a bit of self help! 

• Like 4

Losing the lead 2 weeks running to bottom half sides is unacceptable really. At least Southampton played decent football, though. Burnley are anti football, just awful to watch. Was really hoping they might go down this season but we've given them a nice bonus there. They didn't deserve to win, though. They've scored from a mistake and a corner and we've missed a hatful of chances.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

Remember being surprised at Schmeichel's defiant response in the post match interview when asked about our title chances after the Liverpool loss.

I think to most fans the title was never on.

To the players it probably was. They're competitive sportsmen.

Similar to our form the season after winning the league, it feels like we're struggling to motivate ourselves with 'nothing' to play for. 

In terms of today, if Vardy was on form we'd have won. In his pre Christmas form he'd have scored a hat trick there. Sloppy touches, poor penalty and just all round loose play. Obviously a hero for us but I don't like the timing. I don't give a fvck if your wife has popped out a screaming, sh*tting child. Concentrate on your football.