Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Burnley post match therapy thread

An in form Vardy and we would have been comfortable winners there. It’s been a demanding time for him though with the injury and then obviously he’s become a father again - understandable that his form has dropped. Looking forward to Wilf getting back and then getting basic to basics with our best starting line up. Nacho should have come on earlier I think. 

• Like 2

Brendan Rodgers is scattering the good job he started. He must play form and not names. This team has been playing 9men for four games now. Give Maddison one half each with one replacing the other until they get back to form. Haa! Perez : give him back to Newcastle and tell them to keep the money. 

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Being as shit as we are just lately it’s a surprise we aren’t already. Chelsea and Utd seem to struggle for consistency as well 

As well? We are consistent ATM.... consistently bad!

This is the measure of a manager right here right now.

Ultimately, the Premier League is a competitive league and any team is capable of beating another (Liverpool aside).

It’s the manor of the performances that is worrying.

It feels like the 2000/2001 season under Peter Taylor at the moment. 

What a chance missed. Against a very poor Burnley team we lost a game we could, and probably should, have won. A win today and we would have had a 14 point cushion to 5th. 7 points from 7 games is relegation form but with a 14 point lead we could have staggered to the finish line. West Ham now becomes a must win as we then have a tough run in the league and that gap could disappear very quickly. This team lacks fight. Lack of hunger today cost us and this is what has to change if we are to stay in the top 4.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Our downturn in form is very worrying, but we made more than enough chances to win the game today. Even at 2-1 down we played good stuff and made openings but didn't convert.

We need to get out of this rut quickly though, we are getting caught up by other teams fast, and this is a golden opportunity to fiish top 4.

I really enjoy your posts mate. I think you are always very sober and level headed. This is a golden chance to finish top four and it would be a bitter pill to squander it now. We should have at least drawn - rare bad game from Vards.  I also thought Harvey played quite well and took his goal splendidly.  

The club needs to be honest about our form and rectify it. Wilf is badly needed. I would bring Youri in too - for all his faults he takes the creative burden off Madders and keeps the ball on the ground instead of launching it upwards. I am very tired of Gray but....surely Perez is playing his way out of this team?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Sick of hearing people saying “give it some perspective.” 
Am I happy we are 3rd? Yes of course.

Am I happy we’ve been rubbish for nearly 2 months and are subsequently at risk of falling out of the top 4? No I’m not.

And if we keep playing like we have recently, we won’t be 3rd in the very near future. :(

1 minute ago, LukeFoxes said:

No more of this “We’re third. What more do you want? Be positive.”

That would be easy to do if we could see promise in performance. And those points will soon be eaten up by the chasing pack. Achievement breeds motivation and we’re not that far in front.

That’s the performance after a full week’s training and preparation. Worrying signs. We’re going to drop out the top 4 very soon and the I fear that’ll be our season. Lose all momentum and finish disappointingly. We’re not stepping up. We had the benefit of seeing teams drop points yesterday and didn’t have the grit to take advantage of that today. These players look nervous. We’ve lost the rhythm I’m afraid and everything seems disjointed. 

There isn't a chasing pack. They're all faltering as well. That's the only saving grace, we've all gone awful at the same time.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

A few weeks ago, we were SECOND, now third. From the outside, it looks great. It doesn't reflect current trends, though.

The question is: "For how much longer?". Soon, it'll be fourth or us even slipping out of the Top Four, then looking back and damning the fact that we led such a glorious occasion slip away so carelessly.

That is, if we don't start turning things around quickly. Right now, we look a team that thinks it is bigger than it really is. A team bereft of a leader, a team with little to no precision, no impetus.

When even Vardy misses a penalty, you know you're in trouble.

A tougher approach to management is clearly needed. We've been sloppy and careless for about four weeks now. Attitude stinks by a country mile.

Club needs to do something about that and stop putting out "Champions League" slogans as a given, as seen recently in the Söyüncü interview. Delusions of grandeur are back.

No way MUFC or Wolves make up 11 in 15 games. Just not going to happen.

Just now, Sly said:

Ultimately, the Premier League is a competitive league and any team is capable of beating another (Liverpool aside).

It’s the manor of the performances that is worrying.

It feels like the 2000/2001 season under Peter Taylor at the moment. 

It feels more like Puel ball to me... pretty possession over substance 

4 minutes ago, ranxerox said:

Was a kick in the teeth for sure but I think it was more a case of one of those games. Pope played a blinder, Vardy missed a penalty, and Evans made a rare error that they immediately cashed in. Pope fails to make that save at the start of the 2nd half and its 2-0 game over. 

Foxes will finish top 4 for sure because there is no way MUFC or Wolve make up 11 points in 15 games. Don't see Chelsea catching Foxes either. 

Its been a rough patch but I think there is a lot of misplaced pessimism about where things are at. 

I appreciate both the optimism and your nickname :thumbup:

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Their keeper MOTM but did wle REALLY test him. Hardest save was Praet's attempt (and I include the goal in that)

The amount on shots our players hit down his throat today was frustrating. Time for an imposing winger. Goal aside Barnes did nothing, and Perez actually did nothing. Vardy off colour, Tielemans lacking something. Ricardo isolated.

Too many passengers. 

Welcome to reality. No other side in our position in the league would have put out a performance like that today against opposition so far behind us in the league, unless there was something seriously wrong. We don't know what it is yet but we know we are going nowhere fast. forget champions league football we are doing a a Bournemouth.

14 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Before everyone gets too suicidal - don't forget their keeper was MOTM. Vardy hasn't been the same lately.

Too right Vardy missed the penalty and when one on one instead of shooting low he shot at shoulder height which was saved. 

No one can say we didn't have chances to win this game.  Burnley hardly had any chances the real difference is that we've lost our sharpness in front of goal which is understandable as we had a freakish shot to goal ratio previously.