Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Burnley post match therapy thread

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

An in form Vardy and we would have been comfortable winners there. It’s been a demanding time for him though with the injury and then obviously he’s become a father again - understandable that his form has dropped. Looking forward to Wilf getting back and then getting basic to basics with our best starting line up. Nacho should have come on earlier I think. 

Because he gave birth? I'm sorry but becoming a father is not a reason for dropping form. Injury yes but the father reason is just so lame

We need to stop being so ****ing soft and falling over every 5 minutes.

We need to get back to playing with pace and purpose.

Finally, what is wrong with the players? There seems to be no ****ing motivation to get results. If you can’t get up for finishing the season strong to qualify for the Champions League then you need a new career. Pathetic. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

When a team not an individual is out of form it's Always the manager not the players, do not blame them. Rodgers  is now finding life really tough . Good, he needs to learn  an important lesson. Never believe your own publicity.

Very disappointing, we simply must, try and remedy this drop in form. We’re our own worst enemy at times due to the way we have been playing.

It has been far too slow, and it’s frustrating because we’re better than this.... 

And I notice that we really look poor when Maddison is off, as he has been for a while. He was very poor today, very poor indeed, spending far too much time on the ball and on the floor, of it’s not going for him then he needs to learn to get the ball out of his feet and moving much quicker, the more you aimlessly twist and turn 20 yards out back the goal, the slower your build up play becomes. 

We must stop putting ourselves under pressure from goal kicks, were like watching Arsenal in Wenger’s latter years, and it’s so bad to watch when teams like Burnley are chasing and pressing you! We’ve got to be more careful when we’re on the ball, we’re guilty of giving the ball away far too easily, trying silly risky passes in the wrong areas turning is around and giving opposing teams opportunities to attack. We must keep the ball moving quickly and look to really press teams when they’re in possession of the back in their own area as a team, because that’s when we are at our best and our strength strangle sides into submission. 

Work to be done, it probably isn’t as drastic as the fat lady singing re Europe, but she’s thinking about putting on a show and brining that curtain down.  

We're third in the league playing with Fuchs at left back who was spent last season and Mendy has returned from nowhere to play the holding role. We have no backup at center back, I'm really not looking forward to the Brentford game with Morgan coming in. We are in dire need of reinforcements, still incredibly weak out wide as we were in the summer. It's incredible we are where we are but we won't stay here without some changes.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Everyone saying pope saved everything......that’s his job .......only stopping the penalty was something he shouldn’t be expected to do 

you can’t expect to score every decent chance .......that’s what was happening earlier in the season ....l

You're right, it's just form. Burnley scored their two chances, we missed like 4 at least.

It just happens.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

If people are just going to clearly lie about the past I’m going to call it out. Nothing like someone who can’t handle losing a game. Again pathetic. 

I was making a joke about the losing the Liverpool title! 

Stop being so angry lol 

• Haha 1

We did well to make Burnley look something other than a rugby side.

Need to get back on track on Wednesday. It just feels like there is a different air at the moment, we have gone from underdogs teaching teams a lesson to being the team everyone wants to beat, and we arent putting up a fight.

Also got 3 of these lot in my fpl team ruining my weekend.

• Like 1

When all is said and done I truelly now believe our mental strength and game management has gone down the toilet! In all the games we have lost we have simply underestimated wrongly the opposition. On each ocassion we have not matched them in fight and intensity in order to impose our game. Saying that we have to bloody finish our chances. After Barnes finally hits the barn door I thought we’d go up a gear but we didn’t. Our ruthlessness has gone.

vardy missing his deadly touch and finish just didn’t help us rescue this game. We can keep saying chin up as we’re still 3rd but we can keep saying that until chin up we’re still mid table. This league is unpredictable and we’ve started sliding down a slippery slope. When we’re losing games we’re expected to lose as well as unexpected it’s bad news. Sorry it sounds so gloomy but how are we going to improve? I’m just not seeing it. Players are trying I know but it’s not good enough a team performance. Brendan you have some serious explaining to do mate!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Everyone saying pope saved everything......that’s his job .......only stopping the penalty was something he shouldn’t be expected to do 

you can’t expect to score every decent chance .......that’s what was happening earlier in the season ....l

Problem is we are hardly creating decent chances these days. 

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

We're third in the league playing with Fuchs at left back who was spent last season and Mendy has returned from nowhere to play the holding role. We have no backup at center back, I'm really not looking forward to the Brentford game with Morgan coming in. We are in dire need of reinforcements, still incredibly weak out wide as we were in the summer. It's incredible we are where we are but we won't stay here without some changes.

Unlike you to be so negative