Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Vardy Injury - our worst fear come true!

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

The fact he tried to run it off and was on the bench at the end not looking down would maybe suggest it isn’t too bad, might just be a strain at best. Can never be too careful with a hamstring though so don’t want to rush back if not 100% fit when Nacho is in good form. 

Agree..No Need to push it..But lets First see what the Medical Team have to say..!!

It was my worst fear - until Nacho decided to come good. Vardy (who, by the way is my all time favourite footballer) has not been at his best lately, and I think Nacho is a more than adequate replacement.  It will be interesting to see how him and Perez do together whilst Vardy is injured.

• Like 1

You will not see Vardy in the lineup this weekend, sure Iheanacho will be a more than capable stand-in his absence.

I was convinced it was his hamstring, given it is quite a common injury amongst the chaotic fixture schedule. Get better soon Vards!

*removes Jamie Vardy from his Fantasy Football team* :sweating:

1 hour ago, danny. said:

I know it was West Ham, but Nacho look great again, he’s a different player. Perez looked decent too, some lovely touches and very tidy finish for the second. 

Agreed completely about Nacho. Whilst the injury is cause for concern its not the cataclysmic blow given KI's turnaround.

Surely the amount of strain injuries over the last couple of weeks has to be connected to the schedule over the xmas period. I have been the first to say that these are athletes and should be fit enough to perform twice a week. However, the harder you work your body the more likely this type of injury will occur and minor knocks and tweaks do not get enough recovery time and so things start to compound.

Maybe it is time to rethink winter breaks. Part of the problem is the number of international breaks which squeezes the available time for the league and cup fixtures and hence why we now get this build up of fixtures