Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

20 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Played well today when he came on

Same as against Burnley too.

Earlier in the season we looked so much better with him in the side. I'm also a little confused as to why he isn't starting right now.

The thing that was most obvious against Burnley was he injected an energy into us when he came in which none of our other attacking players had. You'd think we needed a player who presses from the front right now.

Great assist today. Even though the keeper screwed it up, can't remember the last time anyone else put in a corner into that kind of position with that kind of low, flat pace on it.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Earlier in the season we looked so much better with him in the side. I'm also a little confused as to why he isn't starting right now.

The thing that was most obvious against Burnley was he injected an energy into us when he came in which none of our other attacking players had. You'd think we needed a player who presses from the front right now.

Agreed always play better when he is in the side  took the corner for the winner  and never short of energy

I think the reason he's done well in both games is that he's more effective off the bench than as a starter.  What Albrighton basically brings is energy, and it's more effective against tired legs.  If he starts a match by the time they're knackered he's knackered too.

Albrighton has been a victim of us getting all our other attacking players injured, forcing us to change to a shape he doesn't fit into. 

He adds energy and purpose from the bench. Not quite sure where he was playing yesterday, looked like he a had of a bit of a free role.

7 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Feel sorry for him that he isn’t getting starts.

When he comes on he gives it 110% and really gives us that extra push forward. Think he deserves to start next game.

He isn't getting starts because his G+A numbers are abysmal for an attacking player. 

"Works hard" and "gives everything" isn't a substitute for actual goals and assists. 

Decent player to come off the bench but there's a reason we've tried at least 5 players in that position since Mahrez left. None are good enough, including Albrighton.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sampson said:

Great assist today. Even though the keeper screwed it up, can't remember the last time anyone else put in a corner into that kind of position with that kind of low, flat pace on it.

I’d say Rodgers wants two strikers and he’d rather play 3-5-2 than 4-4-2 as he doesn’t have 2 wingers?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Are we keeping him on the bench as he's the only real alternative option to make an impact? 

He's done well in both games.

Something in that, definitely. If he'd been starting and Tavares on the bench we'd have had no experienced attackers to bring on.

Why it's vital that some of them come back, even if it is only for a sub role.

He was brilliant off the bench yesterday.  Bit of a terrier. Match winning corner delivery.

I can see why he didn't start given the options we have.  Yesterday's starting eleven was as balanced as we could manage.  Castagne and Ricardo starting was the right call.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think the reason he's done well in both games is that he's more effective off the bench than as a starter.  What Albrighton basically brings is energy, and it's more effective against tired legs.  If he starts a match by the time they're knackered he's knackered too.

But we don’t have midfielder or forward options in front of him 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

But we don’t have midfielder or forward options in front of him 

And this is a flaw in the roster.  Some of us would have liked to have seen Under get an extended run as a starter but that never happened, and he's supposedly hurt now anyway.  Especially with Barnes out we don't really have any good options - and that includes starting Albrighton.  It's just a question of the least worst.

Edited by Deeg67

20 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Often much maligned but our squad is benefited by having him in it, always gives 100% and he’s been a steady performer for us for years now.

a good squad player or against the top teams for his workrate. Never really understood his supposedly amazing delivery though, its sometimes good,

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Will get glossed over today because of how good everyone else was, but Sharkey was incredible all game long today. His workrate, his quality from crossing and passing, his defending. Riccy P wasn't playing and we didn't even miss him!

Love Sharkey!!!

So glad others have noticed. He was incredible.. the whole team was but I guarantee Marc rustled them up good and proper. And also had plenty of attacking influence.  

He's had a very very good season in general and honestly, our drops in form seem to have coincided with whenever he's out the side.

Regardless of how much people moan about his lack of goals, his energy and aggressive pressing from the front help us create forward momentum and put the opposition on the back foot so often.

I have always liked Albrighton.  His workrate has always been exceptional.  I think he is such a fantastic member of the squad.  The squad is so good, he is not even first choice.   Bit it is always good to see a team with him in it