Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Marc Albrighton

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

The best free transfer in Premier history? Never had a sniff of an England call which is so unfair. Should have been called up in 2015-16. 

He's up there and I'm a fan of his but there's a few better ones.

Sol Campbell for starters.

That ball for Nacho’s second goal was fantastic. Horrible for defenders. Floated in, the defender thinks he’s got it until the last moment when he realises he’s completely missed judged it as it holds in the air long enough before dying and dropping onto Nachos head. 

I’ve played a few like that in my time, it’s a wonderful feeling to see the defenders sucked in and misjudging it. However,  I’ve also got sucked in on far many more, and it makes you feel such a tool lol 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He'll 100% get offered a new deal IMO, I reckon a 1 year extension with the option of another or something like that. For some reason I thought he was older than 31.

He's a year younger than Andy King. That just seems remarkable.

He gets some stick and I know he isn’t the most glamorous player but I love him. I think that it was Maddison who said how when managers have come in, they are never too keen on Albrighton but that always changes because he is literally a managers dream. Works unbelievably hard and is criminally underrated.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

He gets some stick and I know he isn’t the most glamorous player but I love him. I think that it was Maddison who said how when managers have come in, they are never too keen on Albrighton but that always changes because he is literally a managers dream. Works unbelievably hard and is criminally underrated.

Yep. Always feel ok when he gets drafted in to play. Can't always say the same for Hamza or Dan.

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

That ball for Nacho’s second goal was fantastic. Horrible for defenders. Floated in, the defender thinks he’s got it until the last moment when he realises he’s completely missed judged it as it holds in the air long enough before dying and dropping onto Nachos head. 

I’ve played a few like that in my time, it’s a wonderful feeling to see the defenders sucked in and misjudging it. However,  I’ve also got sucked in on far many more, and it makes you feel such a tool lol 

He's made a few goals now for Kel in this run with those crosses. How does he do it? They seem to dip at the last moment. What sort of spin is he applying to the ball? 

8 minutes ago, enmac said:

He's made a few goals now for Kel in this run with those crosses. How does he do it? They seem to dip at the last moment. What sort of spin is he applying to the ball? 

The rare times I managed it I struck it from the bottom with my laces, a slow back spin I guess, hitting it with the right pace as well. Doing it from a free kick may be different mind, I always took a touch. I wasn’t a great footballer by any stretch of imagination but I could hit a good pass. 

We have so many silky, effortless midfielders that sometimes it becomes too predictable and having him whipping in crosses on a sixpence is a dangerous weapon to have. He's also our best set piece taker at the club from non scoring areas imo. 

19 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

The rare times I managed it I struck it from the bottom with my laces, a slow back spin I guess, hitting it with the right pace as well. Doing it from a free kick may be different mind, I always took a touch. I wasn’t a great footballer by any stretch of imagination but I could hit a good pass. 

Looked it up. Think it's called a knuckle ball. Thanks. Found this, but lots of examples on YouTube. 

3 minutes ago, enmac said:

Looked it up. Think it's called a knuckle ball. Thanks. Found this, but lots of examples on YouTube. 

Here's a famous example of a knuckle ball free kick. I once had doubts whether Ronaldinho meant it. Albrighton has convinced me that he did! 

I've criticised him a lot in recent years but this season he has made an impact the majority of the time he's played which is impressive. An essential and vital player in this squad. Would loathe to lose him, he's been every bit as important to the cause as Fuchs and Morgan of recent seasons, if not even more integral. Still got plenty to give us.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Blue ROI said:

More lives than a cat.

Fair play to Marc. One of very few to emerge from this fiasco with any credit.

He's been doing it all season.

People always scream for him to be dropped every time he has one average performance but we never look the same side without him in it.

Would be interested if anyone has our points per game with or without him in the side the side.

He never shirks his responsibility and even when he has off days he never hides or drops his head and continues to try and get things going again. Which is more than you can say for most of our players.

• Like 1