Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

27 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

The reduction in traffic and environmental benefits would certainly be welcome.The downside would be more people chucked on the dole.

That is one possible outcome for sure, or perhaps those jobs suitable for office work may increase once their companies finally wake the hell up and stop spending exorbitant amounts on office space, stop screwing the environment over by making business critical trips that are rarely more than expense pumping exercises.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Looks like admissions have gone up after appearing to plateau somewhat ..... expected given that it’s only two weeks since the pubs were shut ......

It’s not two weeks, it’s a bloody lifetime :cry:

50 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

My wife was an icu nurse too but works for a healthcare tech company now, she says shes getting so much work done without the commute, productivity is through the roof within her team.

Shes going back to work in an ICU for a couple of months now as the country is so desperate for anyone with icu experience. Think shes a bit sad about it tbh but it's her own decision.

I hope you wait at the door and clap each other when you get home from work ! ...   :)

Respect ...   the pair of you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

525 deaths in Italy, the lowest since March 19th. Intensive care cases are decreasing as are cases in general per population tested. Their peak hasn't just been reached, we're starting to see the downward trend which should hopefully accelerate in the coming days and weeks. There is hope. 

Very true.

All the more motivation for as many people as possible to maintain social distancing. The more people that do it the quicker we get on the road back to normality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian Norman Droid said:

I'm hopeful that one outcome of all this will be that there is a realisation that here isn't really any need for many workers  - primarily the office based ones - to be forced into a particular location. Let them work for home with regular events to make teams feel like teams. Imagine the positive impact by reducing pollution and traffic, and letting people work around their home life. Do that without the current restrictions on what can be done with the time saved not travelling through rush hour and it would be a huge positive for working people.

Be great for cutting back on travel and costs alright. Even possibly given people more of a chance to get fit or take up jogging is another plus.

On the flip side more hangovers on say a Monday morning could be problematic for management teams.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

My wife was an icu nurse too but works for a healthcare tech company now, she says shes getting so much work done without the commute, productivity is through the roof within her team.

Shes going back to work in an ICU for a couple of months now as the country is so desperate for anyone with icu experience. Think shes a bit sad about it tbh but it's her own decision.

All credit to her

They keep advertising a programme on Wednesday channel 4 ...  Coronavirus: How Britain is changing ..  will Britain ever be the same again is the strap line ...     is it just me, or is this just a tad ...   just a tad mind ..   a bit fvckin previous ! ...   can we get through it first !

35 minutes ago, Lionator said:

525 deaths in Italy, the lowest since March 19th. Intensive care cases are decreasing as are cases in general per population tested. Their peak hasn't just been reached, we're starting to see the downward trend which should hopefully accelerate in the coming days and weeks. There is hope. 

My worry is for when lockdown ends we will see another surge. The doctors at work say there will likely be staged lockdowns again, each time the peak is hopefully a lower number than the surge before. We are in for a hell of a year or two I bet.

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

They keep advertising a programme on Wednesday channel 4 ...  Coronavirus: How Britain is changing ..  will Britain ever be the same again is the strap line ...     is it just me, or is this just a tad ...   just a tad mind ..   a bit fvckin previous ! ...   can we get through it first !

Channel 4 can get in the ****ing bin with every pissing newspaper that is enjoying this situation. The way I spend my money (if I ever earn any ever again) will change forever and I’ll remember these sort of *****.

I’m not arsed about football clubs furloughing staff though, if I ran a business with an uncertain future income, I would make any decision I could to limit liabilities.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Seems the same as everything nowadays, football for example, we want to know the result before the game has even started. holidays another, we want to know when we're getting back home on the flight out.  When will the virus end? who really knows. 

Edited by yorkie1999

It is with great sadness that I have to mention the loss of a few local businesses. A local Bra manufacturer has gone bust, a Submarine company has gone under, a manufacturer of Food Blenders has gone into liquidation, a Dog Kennels has had to call in the retrievers and a company s supplying Paper for Origami Enthusiasts has just folded. Interflora is pruning its business and Dynorod has gone down the drain. The saddest one though is the Ice Cream van man found dead covered in nuts and raspberry sauce. He couldn't take it any more... topped himself.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

My worry is for when lockdown ends we will see another surge. The doctors at work say there will likely be staged lockdowns again, each time the peak is hopefully a lower number than the surge before. We are in for a hell of a year or two I bet.

This has to be a big concern. I can see regional lockdowns and releases dependent upon the number of cases in an area. So for eg a small town in North Scotland might have very few cases and all be traceable so the town could function again in some way though this would be harder in bigger places and the testing needs to be far better.

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

How did the virus start in the first place?

As far as I have read, it was present in bats. The Chinese wild animal markets sold bats, among other things such as badgers and donkey meat. The virus is thought to have jumped species from bat to human following the consumption of bat that was undercooked or eaten raw. This happened to coincide with the beginning of the Chinese New Year celebrations when hundreds of thousands of Chinese people from around the world descended on China for the celebration and then went home unknowingly carrying the virus. The doctor that tried to blow the whistle on the first cases, himself died from Covid19. Initially the Chinese government tried to cover up the outbreak.

If I'm wrong, I stand to be corrected :thumbup:

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

As far as I have read, it was present in bats. The Chinese wild animal markets sold bats, among other things such as badgers and donkey meat. The virus is thought to have jumped species from bat to human following the consumption of bat that was undercooked or eaten raw. This happened to coincide with the beginning of the Chinese New Year celebrations when hundreds of thousands of Chinese people from around the world descended on China for the celebration and then went home unknowingly carrying the virus. The doctor that tried to blow the whistle on the first cases, himself died from Covid19. Initially the Chinese government tried to cover up the outbreak.

If I'm wrong, I stand to be corrected :thumbup:

Umm raw bat who needs fish and chips.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Sound, I might be off to Bergamo next week after all.

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've read that it was leaked from a lab 320 yards from the market after "patient 0" who has since mysteriously disappeared tested on bats.

I read an article that suggests countries are starting to go with this.