Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

Tell her to get the fvck back. 

The last time I went one of the store assistants actually had to put a sign right on the end of a checkout because two ladies ignored the signs about distancing, even then they ignored it.

3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Some peeps, mostly women the last two times I've been down the shops, do not seem to understand social distancing, especially in shops.

Went to get some milk n a few bits today and the floor near the checkouts were marked yet this woman went and stood directly behind me, what can you do?

Fart seems the obvious gentleman's solution 

(More of a gentle parp or silent with consequences)

3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Some peeps, mostly women the last two times I've been down the shops, do not seem to understand social distancing, especially in shops.

Went to get some milk n a few bits today and the floor near the checkouts were marked yet this woman went and stood directly behind me, what can you do?

Worst thing I've seen is an old couple come out of a store and then walk past all the people queuing at less than an arms distance away. Then one of them almost stumbled into someone coming the other way as they weren't looking!

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Of course it is.If you're going 15miles through towns you're not going to be able keep your 2m distance!

The issue with this exercise thing is people are taking walks side by side as families down busy high streets and taking up the whole pavement.

People just aren't using their brains with this exercise thing. Don't go to busy roads where there are shops/pharmacies people or normally busy parks.

If you actively cant go on smaller side roads where you can cross the road if you see someone then you shouldn't be going, simple as that.

Depends on the towns I guess and how many others are out.

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

The last time I went one of the store assistants actually had to put a sign right on the end of a checkout because two ladies ignored the signs about distancing, even then they ignored it.

I was in Tesco Sileby yesterday and they have been spot on during all of this and only allowed 5 or 6 people in at any one time, yesterday two people were stood down one aisle having a conversation the whole time I was in there, whilst people were waiting outside to come in.

Just get your shopping and get out FFS.

6 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Some peeps, mostly women the last two times, do not seem to understand social distancing, especially in shops.

Went to get some milk n a few bits today and the floor near the checkouts were marked yet she went and stood directly behind me, what can you do?

I can't be the only one who doesn't quite get this bit? 

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I can't be the only one who doesn't quite get this bit? 

Women have been the worst offenders the last few times I've been out, most guys seem to try n keep a distance, don't ask me why.

13 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

12 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Tell her to get the fvck back. 

Image may contain: possible text that says 'I'm excited that the phrase "get the fuck away from me" is no longer rude but a public service announcement.'

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Depends on the towns I guess and how many others are out.

Mate, you're being obstinate for the sake of it there.

Nowhere in the country are you going to go 15miles through 3 towns and not come within 2m of anyone.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

For some people there's a certain thrill to going out of the house during a quarantine. They're sticking it to the man.

Does she ordinarily do this type of exercise?

Not as such, no. She has other activities she does and she is an outdoorsy type of person but never to this extent. 
And she has gone to great pains to put across her view that the government aren't doing enough and they're just trying to blame the public. 

She did make it very clear that she didn't "touch anyone" while she was out but, for me, that's not so much the point. I'm most annoyed by the fact that she slates the government for their approach and then has has gone against their advice. 

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Mate, you're being obstinate for the sake of it there.

Nowhere in the country are you going to go 15miles through 3 towns and not come within 2m of anyone.

Not only that you’re potentially spreading the infection further afield by travelling distances, perhaps to places that currently have no infection.

22 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Worst thing I've seen is an old couple come out of a store and then walk past all the people queuing at less than an arms distance away. Then one of them almost stumbled into someone coming the other way as they weren't looking!

I had to go to the shop this morning.  First time into the scary outside world since Wednesday and there was a group of of about four people just hanging around outside the bloomin' doorway.  I waited for them to go but they weren't going anywhere.  I think ignorance and stupidity is the biggest cause of infection in this country.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I read that Chris Whitty has been suffering from loads of abuse on social media (about his looks? :rolleyes:)

WTF is wrong with people? He seems like a decent chap to me...

I read that. What the hell are people going on about? He seems to be a perfectly normal-looking bloke to me, anyway.....as if that mattered in the first place. :dunno:

• Like 2

I was sorry to read that the singer Marianne Faithfull is in hospital with coronavirus-induced pneumonia. But she's reportedly stable and responding to treatment.... Get well, Marianne!

I only know a little of her material, but what I've heard I've always liked. I might have to get her last album, which passed me by at the time but got good reviews - the couple of tracks that I listened to were very good.

She always comes across as an interesting but decent person in interviews, too, after a pretty turbulent life.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Significant drop in cases/deaths over the weekend for some countries...

Cases

Spain - 7134 (Friday), 6969 (Saturday), 5478 (Sunday)

Italy - 4585, 4805, 4316

Germany - 6365, 4933, 4031

France - 23060*, 7788, 2886

UK - 4450, 3735, 5903

USA - 32284, 34196, 25316

Iran - 2715, 2560, 2483

Deaths

Spain - 850, 749, 694

Italy - 766, 681,525

Germany - 168, 169, 140

France - 1120*, 1053*, 518

UK - 684, 708, 621

USA - 1045, 1330, 1165

Iran - 134, 158, 151

*France including nursing/care home cases in new case/death numbers

I fully believe that both Japan and China have covered up / artificially lowered their death rates.

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I fully believe that both Japan and China have covered up / artificially lowered their death rates.

Same with Iran.

Japan was notorious for barely testing anyone. They'll be plenty of deaths there that never would have even been tested for.

The South Korean government were slaughtering them for it a couple of months back.

Edited by Sampson

17 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I really hope his excuse was a lie because I don't think I can deal with that level of stupidity.

If he's that shite at lying then the truth must be pretty bad for him to try and hide it.

There are ways of escaping a driving ban but I think he's sealed the deal there

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Same with Iran.

Japan was notorious for barely testing anyone. They'll be plenty of deaths there that never would have even been tested for.

The South Korean government were slaughtering them for it a couple of months back.

I wonder why Japan would fudge the figures now? It's not like they have the Olympics on their mind for the time being any more, after all.