Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

38 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not an emergency admission apparently, just on the advice of his doctor.

I know that's what they're saying. If it's just tests and not an emergency, do you really go in on a Sunday evening/night. I'd have thought they'd gone in this morning, or waited till tomorrow. Just because of the timing I'm starting to think maybe he's worse than they're letting on. 

Hope he gets better soon - and his partner who's pregnant.

That Scottish CMO has just resigned too. Sad when a silly mistake has such big rammifications; she was probably really good at her job - or more stuff about her is about to come out. Sturgon was going on all the national breakfast shows tomorrow. Must have known the grief she was about to get and they decided it wasn't worth it.

Edited by Guesty

Boris will be having the best possible care possible, one which we'd all want with this virus.

His team will keep us updated when the timing is right.

It's quite disrespectful to speculate on one's health situation; particularly when those speculating are not personally being involved in his care nor are his family/close friends.

Edited by Wymsey

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

All done and dusted now thanks ...... a few days ago realised that I wasn’t clammy during the night and that I could breathe more cleanly. Climbing the stairs didn’t leave me completely breathless............ it’s a relief because you just wonder what might be happening inside.  Once you’re through it, you notice that you actually feel like doing things rather than them all being such an effort ........ to those of you struggling on with this, for nearly all of you,  it should go away in the end if it’s hanging around. 

Nice one mate glad to hear it. I still suspect my family have had it and I just had a cold like symptom with conjunctivitis. I’m asthmatic and have had a tight chest since then but nothing my inhaler doesn’t sort out.

• Like 1

I'd make a bet that it's just a lingering case and they're testing him to make sure everything you can't see is ok. 

I'd also put money on the fact that he's been working through this which clearly is terrible for the immune system, hence why it's probably lingering.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

All done and dusted now thanks ...... a few days ago realised that I wasn’t clammy during the night and that I could breathe more cleanly. Climbing the stairs didn’t leave me completely breathless............ it’s a relief because you just wonder what might be happening inside.  Once you’re through it, you notice that you actually feel like doing things rather than them all being such an effort ........ to those of you struggling on with this, for nearly all of you,  it should go away in the end if it’s hanging around. 

Pleased you're over it mate and thanks for keeping us updated, unfortunately news reports are all focused on the deaths, seeing you post about your recovery is a nice reminder that the majority of people do recover.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guesty said:

I know that's what they're saying. If it's just tests and not an emergency, do you really go in on a Sunday evening/night. I'd have thought they'd gone in this morning, or waited till tomorrow. Just because of the timing I'm starting to think maybe he's worse than they're letting on. 

That Scottish CMO has just resigned too. Sad when a silly mistake has such big rammifications; she was probably really good at her job - or more stuff about her is about to come out. Sturgon was going on all the national breakfast shows tomorrow. Must have known the grief she was about to get and they decided it wasn't worth it.

She had to go. Even if she stays on the team but steps back from the role and lets someone else lead. She can't stand there telling people not to do something and then do it herself. It wasn't a silly mistake, she did it twice, and it was selfish. I can't say ignorant because it's her own advice shes ignoring.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I'd make a bet that it's just a lingering case and they're testing him to make sure everything you can't see is ok. 

I'd also put money on the fact that he's been working through this which clearly is terrible for the immune system, hence why it's probably lingering.

Not great that he has a fever after 10 days. 

23 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Piers Morgan really isnt the most likeable at times but this I fully get behind

Not like Piers to take the moral high ground and to be so dramatic.

Edited by Nod.E

Guest MattP
10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Of course he will still be working, he's the Prime Minister.

We can all talk about how normal he is supposed to act but in reality if you are in that job you can't just go to bed.

15 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He said he was working, yeah. With my symptoms, as with conventional flu I found that if I pushed myself too much during the day, by the evening I was really suffering. You really have to let your body recover with this thing. I left it quite a few days after my main symptoms had gone before doing any exercise as I was so conscious of needing to make sure I was fully better first. 

13 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Boris is the exact type who has been dying from this. 50's, tummy, probably hypertensive.

Being overweight really does seem like a huge issue with this. You see reports of people with ‘no underlying issues’ but they are clearly massively overweight.

Huge incentive to get/keep yourself in shape at the minute.

42 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Being overweight really does seem like a huge issue with this. You see reports of people with ‘no underlying issues’ but they are clearly massively overweight.

Huge incentive to get/keep yourself in shape at the minute.

i read that people with high blood pressure are more at risk due to the virus targeting the Angiotensin-converting enzyme protein,the ace in your body is the receptor to covid-19, which controls blood pressure, ace inhibitors are blood pressure tablets

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

i read that people with high blood pressure are more at risk due to the virus targeting the Angiotensin-converting enzyme protein,the ace in your body is the receptor to covid-19, which controls blood pressure, ace inhibitors are blood pressure tablets

That’s interesting as the government haven’t mentioned these people specifically needing to isolate.

2 hours ago, Guesty said:

That's a shame, but I can't see how she could continue.  She has lost all credibility and the media have leapt on this like a pack of wolves and seem to be enjoying it just a bit too much.  I can't see how she could lecture the public about compliance and restrictions going forward.  It would be like Bernard Matthews telling us we must all be vegetarian.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

It's worrying we've been told tbh. I hope it's just to tell the public the virus is a serious heath risk to people. Hopefully he'll be out soon with everyone realising this thing can be very serious to groups who think they're safe.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

No way are you getting hospitalised for precautionary tests during a pandemic. Tests like oxygen saturation could be done at home. 

Yeah, you don’t need admission for any tests. Oxygen sats, bloods and CXR done in A&E and off you go. Either he’s getting special treatment because of his status, or he’s actually unwell enough to get admitted. Given the timing since symptom onset, around when most people either recover or take a turn for the worse, likely the latter. :(

13 hours ago, Lionator said:

There's an app which indicate traffic/transport levels in major cities worldwide. London last week was down to 8% of normal levels, while the likes of Barcelona, Madrid and Milan were at 2-3% (Italian and Spanish cases are slowing down), whereas New York was still at 30%. America is going to be absolutely destroyed by this.

When the background (other causes) death rate spike is taken into account, my nation is going to lose something like 500,000+ to this when it is all said and done. Mark my words. Nobody here wants to talk about it, and they're absolutely downplaying the likely toll in order to avoid inspiring a national panic, IMO.

The new figures also reveal the age groups of those who have died to date. More than half of the patients (52%) who have died with coronavirus were over 80 years of age. Most of the other deaths (40%) were among patients aged between 60 and 79. A further 7% of deaths occurred in those aged between 40 and 59.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/02/coronavirus-took-hold-in-uk-earlier-than-thought-data-reveals

And some more good news from this side of the world - 47 cases reported in Korea yesterday, the lowest daily total since February 20th when they became the first country outside China to see a drastic increase.

There is some hope on the horizon.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

She's revered all around the world. What a woman and still going strong at 93. Really hope she makes it to 100 so she can write a letter to herself :D

GSTQ

I thought her speech was very moving. It struck a good tone and I think the wider point about how history will view this time when this is all over is an important one.

We're only a couple of years away from the next Jubilee in 2022 - we can throw one hell of a party then (if we have any money left)!

• Like 1