Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

44 minutes ago, brucey said:

I feel a bit daft, but this seems to have touched me much more than it should, and certainly more than other deaths a bit closer to home. 

It's a funny thing, this football lark 

19 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I wonder why Japan would fudge the figures now? It's not like they have the Olympics on their mind for the time being any more, after all.

It's not "fudging the figures". It's all very open and forthright in not testing anyone because their government has openly said they dont think its important.

We already know there's gonna be loads of deaths and cases missed by lack of testing even in the most transparent and reliable of countries. Japan is just the extreme example of those missing cases and deaths.

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I feel a bit daft, but this seems to have touched me much more than it should, and certainly more than other deaths a bit closer to home. 

It's a funny thing, this football lark 

I think it's when you read stuff like that, it's the realisation that people like Pep won't have been able to go home and see her prior to her passing. He probably won't be able to attend the funeral too.

Unless he managed to get over there prior to the lockdown obviously.

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It's not "fudging the figures". It's all very open and forthright in not testing anyone because their government has openly said they dont think its important.

We already know there's gonna be loads of deaths and cases missed by lack of testing even in the most transparent and reliable of countries. Japan is just the extreme example of those missing cases and deaths.

Well, not doing the testing and therefore not getting anywhere near the right information on the toll this will all inflict, then. Still not sure why they'd take that route - I'd think knowledge is certainly power on this one.

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

For people who are waiting for the daily death figure, it's a significant drop to 439 today.

I notice it's 20 minutes since that news popped up on my phone. On the days it's shot up, people have been posting the new record death figure before I even get the breaking news notification. But today, as it's gone down quite a bit, nobody has mentioned it.

I swear some people get some kind of weird excitement every time the number grows.

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I notice it's 20 minutes since that news popped up on my phone. On the days it's shot up, people have been posting the new record death figure before I even get the breaking news notification. But today, as it's gone down quite a bit, nobody has mentioned it.

I swear some people get some kind of weird excitement every time the number grows.

Not necessarily buddy, i think people are not wanting to get to excited,  unfortunately they expect to shoot up tomorrow but fingers crossed. 

Guest Fktf
9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Or, a one day drop tells us nothing (which is the same for a one day increase too).

We need to see a consistent pattern of lower numbers over many days to read anything positive into it. 

14 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Or, a one day drop tells us nothing (which is the same for a one day increase too).

We need to see a consistent pattern of lower numbers over many days to read anything positive into it. 

I don't think you can read too much into then either, I've said as much, what I'm saying is that on the days it increases, certain posters are chomping at the bit to post the new numbers, and today they are very quiet. Almost like the smaller number isn't worth them posting, not enough excitement. I just find it odd.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Same with Iran.

Japan was notorious for barely testing anyone. They'll be plenty of deaths there that never would have even been tested for.

The South Korean government were slaughtering them for it a couple of months back.

I meant to say Iran and not Japan...dammit. Oh well.

29 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Hmmm but less dead than expected is always a positive.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

I read that Chris Whitty has been suffering from loads of abuse on social media (about his looks? :rolleyes:)

WTF is wrong with people? He seems like a decent chap to me...

Does this count as abuse? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

The poor bloke has got the weight of the nation on his shoulders and the populations lives in his hands. I don't envy his position at all and wish him the best.

No doubt some of those who were criticising his looks also posted #BeKind when Caroline Flack killed herself. Anything for a few likes and RTs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Sun-Mon figures have been low for a few weeks now and then have had a big surge on the Tuesday. Unfortunately we can't read into them too much :(

In my experience, people with any kind of illness will wait until after the weekend to get medical attention.

Sun-Mon figures have been low for a few weeks now and then have had a big surge on the Tuesday. Unfortunately we can't read into them too much :(

They mentioned Sun/Mon dips.  I wonder why that is?  Perhaps less administrators working Sat/Sun recording deaths?  That's all I can think of.

God you can tell who The Sun reporter is, proper slimy questioning there! Good to see Chris Whitty back looking well.

Really pleased to see him back.  I did miss the very beginning but I just wished that just once, one of the questioners would say 'welcome back' or something.

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

They mentioned Sun/Mon dips.  I wonder why that is?  Perhaps less administrators working Sat/Sun recording deaths?  That's all I can think of.

Really pleased to see him back.  I did miss the very beginning but I just wished that just once, one of the questioners would say 'welcome back' or something.

This is the reason I believe. Suspect we will see large increases tomorrow and Wednesday.But fingers crossed we don't.

The questions are sometimes pathetic. Surprised I've not heard anyone ask about the numbers recovered and leaving hospital. Other countries seem able to do this. Presume we just can't test them.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I often post them but was relaxing my way around Sainsbury’s when they were released ........