Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Aston Villa (EFL Cup 2nd Leg) - 28/01/2020 - Match Thread

Bright start, then the goal took all the positivity out of our game.

Referee's a homer, him and VAR missing a blatant handball. :dunno:

Oh, well. Here's to a more positive second half and an early equalizer. The players need a nice rollicking and Rodgers re-thinking his tactics.

Barnes and Perez don't work on the wings and Maddison has been way too greedy (again).

Iheanacho simply disappeared, has he had a shot on goal after the first 11 minutes?

Edited by MC Prussian

Nacho done nowt. 

Letting greasy run the game for them. 

Need more potency. 

Not good enough in the first half. 

Better in the second please. 

Disappointing. 

Nyland having a stormer as is Grealish. Grealish showing up his rival Maddison a bit. 

We look a bit  rattled. My only concern is with Wes out we can't go three at the back. Perez is being asked to play narrow. Not only is he not having a major impact but it's also giving Riccy a harder time in defence. 

Bit of a sinking feeling about this one but come on lads prove me wrong. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nod.E said:

We've not been perfect but not bad at all.

We're making chances. So are they, but I'd rather this than not looking creative.

Keep playing the way we're playing and something will come off. The worst thing we can do is panic and get desperate.

The chances we've had are all long shots from outside the area. Only Nacho tight angle from inside. 

Just now, Shane said:

He’s not getting much support from Chilwell. I don’t think Chilly has overlapped to create a 2v1 or provide space for Harvey to cut inside

Fuchs is the better option at the mo. Chilly is a completely different player recently. 

Just now, Babylon said:

Maybe not, but 1-0 to them doesn’t really reflect the game.

I agree you could argue that, we've definitely seen more of the ball and carved out better openings than we did at ours – but since the onus has shifted on us to chase the game we've been largely pedestrian, ponderous and flat - when Villa go forward they look more dangerous, Ricardo is being left with far, far too much to do.

Chilwell looking a bit soft today. Really lacking in aggression - saw a few times where he could've won the ball and just stood off. Also looks a bit ponderous on the ball - but it's maybe natural as he's been off for a bit. 

I'd keep Fuchs in the starting lineup. 

I genuinely think the VAR people looked at the wrong incident. Think they looked at the shot blocked after it hit the guy's hand and not the one seconds before. Shocked they've not looked at everything and IF they have, I am stunned they think the arm was in a natural position. 

• Like 2