Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Aston Villa (EFL Cup 2nd Leg) - 28/01/2020 - Match Thread

I need to see some heat maps. To me it looks like a back 4, a very narrow midfield diamond, Nacho up top but Barnes out wide left with no equivalent on the right? Don't see it as Chilwell CB as he's been on the touchline so much? Ricardo doing 2 mens jobs and Perez cropping up all over, left,central, sometimes towards the right? Targett could stop and have a picnic he's got so much space. I've got a headache.

Just now, StanSP said:

I genuinely think the VAR people looked at the wrong incident. Think they looked at the shot blocked after it hit the guy's hand and not the one seconds before. Shocked they've not looked at everything and IF they have, I am stunned they think the arm was in a natural position. 

Doubt it, just Mike Dean will have said he saw it hit the arm but that he couldn't move it out the way or something and VAR will have said yeah thats as it happened. 

Which is what makes the whole thing pointless, as it stands its just there to confirm what the ref said. 

Absolutely incredible that we are not out of sight in this tie. Should have won the 1st leg by 3 and should be 3 up tonight. They seem to score everytime they get anywhere near our goal. Be a crime against football if this shower wins this tie. Their keeper has had the 2 games of his life. I'm convinced hes actually a really shit keeper who's just had 2 storming games. If Maddison could actually finish this tie would be over! Hes had more shots over the 2 legs than the whole Villa side combined.  

Just now, Vindaloo FOX said:

Their keeper won them that first half.

VARDY ON PLEASE !!

I think their keeper is over hyped.

If he had let in any of those saves the commentators would have said "keeper should have done better" so he's done nothing you wouldn't expect. 

Annoyed me at the end when then the commentators said "he had had flawless first half" and he literally kicked it to a Leicester player but then the commentators didn't say anything as to spoil their headlines.

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

What's your point then? Schmeichel is a much better keeper than Nyland. It just so happens he's having a great game. 

The point was there keeper has made 4 cracking saves and schmeichel has fluffed the in one he needed to make. That’s the difference so far. I think we can do better but I never said replace him with Nyland did I.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The chances we've had are all long shots from outside the area. Only Nacho tight angle from inside. 

I mean Maddison's first chance was 12 yards out but let's not let facts get in the way

• Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure how we're losing this, need to keep our calm and we will score. Worry every time Villa go forward though. 

Rodgers tactically wrong again, leaving right side completely exposed. 

It's clear why we're losing, one goalie is a top Scandinavian and the other is Kasper. also not sure why Soyuncu is being left covering both the LB and Grealish - fair enough Ricardo has to go forward but Perez needs to get back when Targett goes up. N'didi isn't up to covering Grealish and Tielemans is just too slow on defence and isn't moving when he hasn't got the ball.

Having said all that we're the best team out there and I have no doubts we'll score in the second half.

Victory will be all the sweeter as we come from behind to crush Villa's hopes.

Ref needs to stop their cynical fouling though.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Very inexperienced team and it shows. No bottle again.

Brendan needs to make a drastic change because we won’t score like this. Maddison’s pot shots have been our only hope.

Agree - one thing we do lack is that Martin O'Neill side grit from an Elliott, Taggart, Walsh etc. This lot are more skilful but physically and probably mentally weaker for the real important games. Still 45 minutes to disprove the theory

What a load of nonsense. 

Not enough conviction or desire. Too many players who 8/10 games don’t do their job. 

Chilwell in the side means we are playing with ten men. AGAIN Mods: He’s again at fault for the goal - schoolboy error let it bounce - won’t pass forwards.

Note posters you get banned from this forum these days for criticism of players even when no swearing or abuse involved.

Lets see what happens.