Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

Was shaking like a s**ting dog before kick off, but im surprisingly calm now, some of the reactions on here are unreal, if we were in a relegation battle and had lost that game which was our only hope of some success i could maybe understand but to think we are 3rd in the league and have built up a nice gap between us and 5th, the comments are quite simply laughable

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

Got away with it due to a very favourable VAR decision. 

Arsenal the only one that sticks out but they’ve been beyond shite.

Plus we started wrong again, Maddison was on the wing we were 1-0 down at HT. He changed it tbf put Maddison central and we were much improved. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

Just now, Fox85 said:

This is why people with no ambition are happy being a mid table team. 

If you are performing extremely well in the league and in a position to cement top 4 and get some silverware then you need to make sure you follow it through.

Yea we have over performed but why shouldn't we see it through to the finish line. People say there is no players available??? The same players are available in the summer and winter. Sometimes they cost more but the rewards at the end are worth it.

Simply not true. Clubs won't sell why would they.

1 minute ago, smr said:

I'm not one of those you're referring to but it doesn't bother me, people are emotional and gutted. Fair enough. Going to get some OTT overreactions perhaps.... I'm gutted but on the positive side we've got to remember that we're firmly in the top 4. We've brushed aside a heck of a lot of teams this season and we've got a real good opportunity of achieving top 4 and CL football for the second time ever. Also got a great opportunity in a much better cup, should easily get into the last 8 and then who knows.

It was certainly not a slant at all, and I guess being older, that maybe I take a broader view. Very much as you say, it’s an AMAZING season assuming we get top 4.

Also FA cup would of course be preferable:scarf: 

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Again please explain. What is this throw away use of the term bottling??

Bottling it would have been throwing away a lead or not turning up at all. We had about 50 shots in the 2 games and they won it with their 2nd shot on target. I would say its unlucky not bottling it. 

Ok how do you want me to phrase it.

We froze. We did in the first leg and we did tonight. The game is all about winning. We didn't impose ourselves on either leg. In the first leg we looked scared to want the ball. Less so tonight but it is about taking your chances in the game. Let's be honest this was a great chance to get to a final and we blew it.

I do think there is a certain element of bottling it when it comes to the big games. Not saying I'm not happy with how the season has gone so far or that we don't have good players. But do we have winners? personally I think we are a bit of a flat track bully at the moment. Brilliant at times, lots of possession, lovely play but when needed to step up we can't do it. That to me is bottling it. Not merely throwing away a lead etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone is saying Man City will thrash Villa, and they probably will.  If we are to be a top team, we need to have that certainty of winning against lower teams.  This isn't a one off, this was 2 legs, a top 4 team really should win.

This season is another odd season, the teams around us are failing giving us a chance to be in the top 4.  Let's enjoy it this season, I doubt the next will be the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twister said:

what a awful second goal to give away as well

this team are reminding me a bit of ajax young so talented but cant handle the big occasions.

Ajax won the league the cup and the super cup in 2019 so I guess yeah they’re complete bottle jobs as well.

People tend to say stupid things. 

Grealish outshone madders and ran the game. 

Grey what was he doing for 2nd goal gave him far too much space to cross the ball. 

No pressing from us at all. Against Brentford for the first 25 mins we pressed like mad. 

Tielmans so slow and sluggish I prefer praet don't think he deserved to be dropped. Starting to think BR has his favorites. 

There keeper had a blinder over the 2 games, just disappointed as we didn't press like how we did in the league game when we won 4-1. Shit scared of grealish 

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Seeing a lot of "bottle job" bollocks in this thread.

We might not have played brilliantly but we only lost to a last last minute winner.

And that was after having a blatant penalty denied.

We're currently 3rd in the Premier League table, 3 points off 2nd, 8 ahead of 4th and with a goal difference of +28.

I'm gutted that we lost tonight but I'm so ****ing proud that we made it to the semi final in the first place, and are doing so well in the league. 

We're not Spurs. We're Leicester ****ing City.

We're here to **** the elite up. Tonight was just a blip.

Take the negativity elsewhere.

Also, **** Dry January.

:scarf:

But we have failed to win every big game we’ve been involved in this season, except Spurs at home. That’s a fact.