Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Gutted, I thought losing on pens would be bad. Not good enough second half. Maddison is wasteful and now we get to see everyone say how great Grealish is when he was barely in the game. 

****ing hate football sometimes. 

And yet again a commanding goal keeper might come and at least put the player off. 

That was my first thought upon seeing the replay of their 2nd. It feels like it's too often the case with goals against us. Maybe I'm being too harsh. 

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

We may be 3rd but based on recent performances and tonight we won't keep that up. Chelsea, Wolves and City next up 

West Ham ? Do you honestly think Villa deserved their win ? They had an inspired 'keeper. Next season we'll be in the CL. We are 3rd on merit. Enjoy it, take the 'bad' times on the chin my friend 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

We crumbled in both semi finals and against our "title challengers" very easily imo. Like we forgot how to play.

Probably the two best teams in Europe? The only thing we are guilty of is changing our game to match them up.

We started amazing should of been 2 up then some awful defending let them score we lost the plot first half when we should have just regrouped started again back at them we allowed Greasylish to run the show should have stuck someone to him his constant diving didn’t help We certainly didn’t learn anything from the home leg let them boss us far too much🤬.

Mike Dean was soft with Vile allowed them to foul us yet allowed them to dive handball in the box !

But our players were not Lilly white Kasper Didn’t command his box as much as he has done Barnes only good bit tonight was the assist Vardy looks a shadow of his former self we need to bring in new players to keep us anywhere near a champions league place but doesn’t look like we will sign anyone, Brendan needs to sort some of these players out before we get spanked by Chelsea Saturday or will it be one of those bounce back games beat Chelsea lose against Norwich and Brighton ?

Can get some payback in March when Vile come to the KP but before that really hoping the lads can sort their shit out and get back to decent performances keep fighting when we go behind, but it is worrying about Vardy he looks lost need to get him back to his best !

😡🥵🤬

• Like 1

We just didn’t take our early chances simple as.And villas keeper over the two legs made some world class saves imo.
wasnt our night,but if we secure CL football for next season,then il be well happy.Fair play to villa,but can’t see them winning it and still think they might go down.

i know where I’d rather be!!!:rolleyes:

3 or 4 world class saves from their keeper and a clear penalty. We would have been at least a few clear in most games but that extra bit of fortune just wasnt with us. People on here need to fuching calm down. 

Gutted but I'm more gutted when we get outplayed and we so clearly were the best team.  Just wasnt to be.

How about we start backing a team that's achieving way more than we could have hoped and not slating them the second something goes wrong. Great support.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Do wonder if post match threads need to wait for the day after.....

The state of some people on here, ffs. It’s beyond embarrassing.

I'm not one of those you're referring to but it doesn't bother me, people are emotional and gutted. Fair enough. Going to get some OTT overreactions perhaps.... I'm gutted but on the positive side we've got to remember that we're firmly in the top 4. We've brushed aside a heck of a lot of teams this season and we've got a real good opportunity of achieving top 4 and CL football for the second time ever. Also got a great opportunity in a much better cup, should easily get into the last 8 and then who knows.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maddog said:

Over the two legs Sevilla dominated us in all departments, missed penalties. We got through.

You win some, you lose some. Balance is restored from 3 years ago tonight.

Villa will lose 4-0 or 5-1 in the final to Man City, was a very OTT pitch invasion for that. 

If you got to leave Birmingham for a day you’d celebrate like that too 

• Haha 2