Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Was Albrighton on the bench?

I’ve been very supportive of Brenda but the decision to bring Gray on before Albrighton is bizarre in the least.

We need to sell Gray, he’s pants

Albrighton is average as they come. The fact the manager would rather bring gray on who’s not very good either says a lot. They both start behind Barnes who isn’t premier league quality.!

• Haha 1

Nice team but they lack a backbone, think we will clinch a Champions league place but these guys will not win any cup competitions, Vardy and Schmeichel must be gutted since they are not getting any younger and the rest of em are spursy.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Better side over two legs, but you have to worry about the mental strength of this squad.

Not turned up in a in the big games time and time again.

Yeah that's the real issue here.

It's a young team and sometimes heartbreak is needed to get to the next level. Or at least that's the hope I am clinging onto. Liverpool got 97 points and missed out on the title, but bounced back with a Champions League and now the title this season. One can only hope we get a galvanizing effect like that too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fox85 said:

Are you saying what he said is wrong?

Bar the maddison part he is 100% right.

We needed to buy players we are just not good enough, we did well the first half of the season and towards middle of December it was clear we needed strengthening.

We have failed in the market and this will cost us the season.

Yes he is wrong 100% it ain't football manager. If the players aren't there or don't want to come or clubs don't want to sell their assets you can just crash out not saving. 

Get a grip this side is over performing this season and it's a massive building season be proud of what they have done and get behind them for the rest of it. 

Some of you lot a disgrace really are. 

• Like 1

A lot of fight from a crap-but-lucky Villa side but completely undeserved over the two legs. 

Stonewall penalty denied tonight as well. I just can’t believe how sloppy we were to give the second away. I had a feeling Trezeguet would score though when he came on. 

Absolutely hate Villa, hope they go down.

Vardy didn’t look fit either tonight - we urgently need better quality up front as I don’t think what we have will be good enough to sustain us next season. Perez especially looks out of his depth in the big games 

We scored two well-worked goals and didn't take enough of our other chances. They did.

We've played far worse than that but the size of the game makes it stand out. Strange that we've scored around 65 goals this season in League and Cup yet we still don't look particularly clinical.

The FA Cup becomes huge now.

• Like 1

Just now, reynard said:

Well. I have to say I'm not surprised at all. We've been poor for weeks now. All the big games this season with the exception of Arsenal at home (Spurs we got lucky) we have basically failed to turn up.

There was a saying once you don't win anything with kids and though not entirely correct there is some truth in that.

The season can go two ways now.

1 We react from this and become a stronger unit with more determination to not let this happen again.

2 The season falls apart completely.

This was the biggest game of the season so far and we bottled it.

Again please explain. What is this throw away use of the term bottling??

Bottling it would have been throwing away a lead or not turning up at all. We had about 50 shots in the 2 games and they won it with their 2nd shot on target. I would say its unlucky not bottling it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'm proud of the lads. They gave it everything.

Young team, 3rd in the league and semi final of the league cup which we've been robbed in.

So harsh to call them and Brendan bottlers. You don't just become a side who wins big games just like that.

Some of the comments are truly pathetic 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Bar the opening 10 mins where we absolutely battered them, that game was even and we were so naive at the end. 

Gutted. We are nowhere near as stable at managing games at the minute and I just hope that 14 point gap is enough as the dreaded collapse would be hard for any of this lot to recover from.

Onwards and upwards. Ndidi and Vardy badly need to regain their form, both look ghosts out there at the minute.

Ndidi didn't have his best game but he is coming back from injury so hopefully the run out will do him good. And I hate to say it but Grealish is a class player. Need to focus in Top Four Wilf will be a key player for us. 

Gray. Get in the bin. 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Was pointless bringing him on, if Barnes stays on we prob end up at penos 

Yep. I'm not going to moan about the players because most of them played well and put the effort in tonight. Thought Madders was great. 

Gray though, just hasn't got it. 

5 minutes ago, twister said:

Maddisons attitude tonight stinks off '' I already have a deal in place at united''

he ponced about and was smiling like it was a friendly missed half a dozen chances

villa are god awful and city will batter them in the final

so disapointed.

Its such a dilemma - I always want to support our players but he plays like such a fanny. He's only mildly less of a fanny than jack Grealish and that's saying something.