Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Please explain. How do you bottle it when you come from behind in both games and are the better team and lose to a last minute goal. It's a shit feeling but we didn't bottle anything. 

We were not the better team.

Our abilities created more shots, more possesion, but we were second best tactically, in effort we were way behind and played below par when some effort and grit was required. 

That is a recurring theme which doesn’t bode well.

• Like 2

We were the better side and played the better football over both legs. There were moments we were disjointed though.

Their keeper was inspired again  probably even more so than the first leg.

Madders couldn't help the saves Nyland made, but he was pretty wasteful in other moments too. It's a shame, we really should've put them to bed.

I'd say taking Barnes off was a mistake as well. He seemed to be our best outlet. He doesn't always get it right but he's bang in form and always looks to make something happen. I think he has defenders running scared.

Oh well, a quality goal won it at the death, helped by a lack of pressure from Gray but they still had to execute it.

Fair play to Villa. I hope they don't get spanked at Wembley to be honest. A final should be competitive. Best of luck to them.

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Please explain. How do you bottle it when you come from behind in both games and are the better team and lose to a last minute goal. It's a shit feeling but we didn't bottle anything. 

We lost to Villa in a two-leg semi final. They had three shots on target compared to our nine and beat us. 

Similarly, we weren’t even competitive against Man City or Liverpool.

We lost to Man U who were a total wet lettuce at that point.

All the fight we’ve had over the last few seasons seems to have dissipated and whilst we’ve been brilliant at putting the lesser teams away in league games we’ve struggled when any pressure or expectation has been put on. It’s not the end of the world but it’s put serious question marks over the back end of the season when we’re really fighting for a top four place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ngl, we should probably lay off laughing at Spurs for a bit because we bottled both legs tbh. 

Lots of nervy performances all round the park from some young guys that need to learn to step up and embrace an occasion. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t understand why people are assuming villa will be relegated and lose the final, they could stay up and be in Europe next season. Man U may also shithouse a win yet as well. As for the team, it was our strongest starting 11 yet they just couldn’t turn it on enough today, let’s hope for a positive reaction against Chelsea. 

I've always summed up Mike Dean as follows:- "Knit picker who spots the tiniest of things (which in one sense could be excellent refereeing if the things are offences or poor for falling for over the top reactions to minimal contact etc) but then goes and misses the biggest most blatant things."

He'll never change, pompous, bumptious, pin-headed p***k.

We didn't help with that first half formation, asking Ricardo to cover the entire right hand side, no-one helping him out. I won't blame Perez as I don't know what he was asked to do but what was his position and why leave two against one on our right in any formation?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, teblin said:

We are alot better than a lot of people think.

Didnt take our chances they did.

Villa got it spot on both legs, as did southampton and Burnley, and we were awful against City and Liverpool, we g ad no plan B, yes we had more possession and shots on goal but they had the better cgsnces, more space, Ricardo couldn't cope, nothing changed, some of our big players didn't turn up, they didn't seem to want it like they did, maybe I'm wrong, sign grealish for me

Is it just me but every time a ball goes into our box we look like a rabbit in the headlights, corners, free kicks, crosses were all over the place.

A few weeks ago we looked like no one could score past us now any shot we face pretty much goes in, kasper spends more time picking the ball out the net than making saves!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Yes he is wrong 100% it ain't football manager. If the players aren't there or don't want to come or clubs don't want to sell their assets you can just crash out not saving. 

Get a grip this side is over performing this season and it's a massive building season be proud of what they have done and get behind them for the rest of it. 

Some of you lot a disgrace really are. 

This is why people with no ambition are happy being a mid table team. 

If you are performing extremely well in the league and in a position to cement top 4 and get some silverware then you need to make sure you follow it through.

Yea we have over performed but why shouldn't we see it through to the finish line. People say there is no players available??? The same players are available in the summer and winter. Sometimes they cost more but the rewards at the end are worth it.

• Thanks 1

Fair play to the villa. 

We didn't do enough but their keeper played well. 

Great group of youngsters and they'll learn from this disappointment. 

Lots to look forward to so don't be too down people 👍

If I was critical, I still feel we need a physical presence up front that can mix it up a bit as we concede possession too easy after clearing our lines. 

A lot of us will be very unhappy.  But the Nyland had 2 worldies, we can safely say they looked at the wrong handball of the 2 in the 1st half.

We should have nicked a 2-1 at home and got a draw tonight.

We created lots of chances and just couldn't finish enough.

We did get back into the game, so showed some character, they mugged us at the end.

The bus they parked across most of the 2 games And that was enough, and a number of sides are doing that against us currently.

Lots still to play for, Chelsea Saturday massive, lets get some mongrel in that team out tonight and finish the top 4 story and we have the FA Cup.

Lets go again, as they say "BACK STRONGER"!!!

9 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I agree with this, but he didn’t contribute to the defeat with his lameness at corners this time, if you watch him at corners he’s really quite pathetic I think, 

Yes, he didn’t cost us tonight.

Maybe I just aired my view out of frustration. 

Perez is another that I’d reconsider. 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

100% this. Is there one big game we’ve won? Except maybe Spurs at home?

Got away with it due to a very favourable VAR decision. 

Arsenal the only one that sticks out but they’ve been beyond shite.