Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

Just now, Paddy. said:

I'm proud of the lads. They gave it everything.

Young team, 3rd in the league and semi final of the league cup which we've been robbed in.

So harsh to call them and Brendan bottlers. You don't just become a side who wins big games just like that.

Some of the comments are truly pathetic 

Agreed,

Would rather have lost this game than be in their position of winning and also being close to relegation. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Better side over two legs, but you have to worry about the mental strength of this squad.

Not turned up in a in the big games time and time again.

I’m reading that we didn’t turn up but we were the better side .........  bit confused 

if you mean we didn’t ram home our advantage when we were bossing the game then yes, same as Burnley last week 

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

Go to bed mate. You're embarrassing yourself 

Are you saying what he said is wrong?

Bar the maddison part he is 100% right.

We needed to buy players we are just not good enough, we did well the first half of the season and towards middle of December it was clear we needed strengthening.

We have failed in the market and this will cost us the season.

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

I'm proud of the lads. They gave it everything.

Young team, 3rd in the league and semi final of the league cup which we've been robbed in.

So harsh to call them and Brendan bottlers. You don't just become a side who wins big games just like that.

Some of the comments are truly pathetic 

You're bound to get a few reactionary comments in a post-match thread immediately after losing like that, more so in a tie we really should have won. I'd take everything with a pinch of salt.

• Like 3

Cant fault the effort going forward, we had over 40 shots over the 2 legs had about 14 on target. Defensively poor though they had 4 shots on target over 2 legs and scored 3, all from defenders not picking up or standing up to their man, cags, ricardo and chilwell all at fault! Kasper does nothing either, any decent shot on target goes in, garbage! We just bottle it anyone that gets stuck in to us and we just cave in, really poor!

I was pretty sanguine after the Burnley loss. And yes some of the players did well - I though Barnes did some good things and Kel was magnificent.  Held the ball up brilliantly. Youri I also thought was good. 

Not sure about the defence and Kasper. Can't finish enough chances too. Should never have lost. If we lost in the penalty shoot out- fine. I wouldn't have called them bottlers. Not holding out with seconds to go? Weak. I truly hope the players learn from this.

Villa gonna get spanked by Oil City. 

Well played Villa deserved that. I'm not going to be popular here but I want to say Maddison is a frustrating player and the game tonight was a prime example. Don't get me wrong the space he found and his dribbles in midfield tonight were amazing, he opened up space like a dream number 10. He is frustrating because he sometimes has chances to release the ball sooner to Nacho or another attacker and play us in to a position that can get us closer to goal. Shooting from 25 yards out can create great moments...more often than not they are saved or go wide. Most shots on goal but goal ratio is poor.

• Like 2

Can not beleive the "bottle job" comments, we outplayed them mostly and had a dozen chances.

Not to mention the absurd VAR, where referees choose to not make decisions and leave it to confused VAR judges. Game has been fvcked up by VAR

• Like 3