Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

I'd rather have Florists than Leeds

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Happy to see Forest rot in the lower leagues for many more years and get even more frustrated and jealous of our success.

Would love to have Leeds back in the top flight at the expense of some tinpot club like Bournemouth 

Don't think we can call anybody "tinpot" when we've got clappers.

I like to see away ends full when teams come to our place, of course, but consider Bournemouth's population plus historic size of the club. Leeds is a massive one club City, biggest side in West Yorkshire, not just Leeds itself. 

But the game is played on now and Bournemouth have earned their right to be in the league just like we have.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

As someone that works and lives in Leeds, I’d like them to go up (although if they bottle it that will be quite fun too).

Leeds is a great city and would be a good away day. Leeds United is a massive club in a single club city, I think they’d be a good addition to the league. 

23 hours ago, FIF said:

Bristol has this myth about it being one of the nicest cities in Britain:

As for football promotions, I wouldn't want Leeds or Fulham as they used to have some of the scummiest thugs in football supporting them. I'd prefer they paid for that for the next 50 years. So of the top teams I'd go for West Brom, Trees and Brentford.

Fulham, Scummiest thugs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Fulham, Scummiest thugs?

I'm pretty sure that at half time at a match at craven cottage the locals started discussing interior design and shouting names of shops from the New King's Road.

21 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Not looking forward to the Forest wankfest if they come up. Folks harping on like the 70s makes them relevant today.

Let them rot with the sheepshaggers and their pathetic little cup.

Some who take part in this love-in seem to forget there are people who have been born and graduated from university since they were last in the Premier League by this summer. 21 years. And yet you'd think they had been European contenders just three years ago. Not only that, but they've only ever been in the Prem for five seasons. That's the same as Burnley and fewer than even Wimbledon.

Same with Leeds. Some kids born in the year they went down are doing their GCSEs this summer. These clubs need to know their place in the pyramid, now. But I suspect because of big fan bases they'll get attention for clicks. From the podcasts I listen to there seem to be quite a few media bods who are Forest fans.

In terms of promotion, from a purely selfish away day POV and taking the above out of it, Forest, WBA and Brentford/Fulham would be good.

11 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I can’t understand how a fan of any other club can have such a fixation with Leeds Utd. 

great city, i can see elland road from my bedroom window, best fans in the country, loads of mates support them, cool kit, cool badge, cool manager, great to watch. what’s not to like? 

plus it’s funny cos everyone gets their knickers in a twist whenever you mention that you’d like leeds to win a match. 

loads of people move away from home and have an affection for their new “local” team. not really sure what the issue is. 

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

great city, i can see elland road from my bedroom window, best fans in the country, loads of mates support them, cool kit, cool badge, cool manager, great to watch. what’s not to like? 

plus it’s funny cos everyone gets their knickers in a twist whenever you mention that you’d like leeds to win a match. 

loads of people move away from home and have an affection for their new “local” team. not really sure what the issue is. 

Yeah so can I, where in Leeds do you live? 

True, I know you’re on the wind up most of the time. I can understand following a small inoffensive team, but not Leeds. lol

What I hate, being from Leeds, is that they’ve got a good fanbase... but around Xmas when they’re doing well, every man and his dog jumps on. I know every club has those, but when it’s everyone you know (barring the proper fans) it grates a bit. 

Plus I’ve had stick from being about 5 for being a City fan. 

Edited by Leeds Fox