Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

Just now, bennytwohats said:

What for lol?

Guessing he’s on about the one Madders went looking for. 

Anyway, crap. Look no fresher for having some time off. Another tough game coming up next week. Wolves a tough place to go though, would’ve taken the point beforehand. We need a shit win from somewhere. 

Just now, STEVIE B said:

Look at the league table. You sound like an entitled Arsenal moron. 

I'm not entitled at all. With the squad we have, we should be top 6 all day long. On our recent performances we deserve to be mid table at best. We should count ourselves lucky. Not many teams as bad at attacking as us would be where we are. 

• Thanks 1

Albrighton sured us up defensively, good sub. Ref was desperate to send Hamza off, thought it was harsh, lad slipped over. 

Thought we looked good on the counter today, but we don't get enough players in the box. We got in behind a few times but had no one to cross too. Games like this where we need an old fashioned CF like Ulloa.

• Like 2

I’m delighted in the end. Take a point all day long even before the red.

Ricardo was the best player on the pitch by some distance. What a player.

Hamza was unlucky with the second and don’t think the first is even a foul. He wins the ball and actually gets his leg stood on.

For the most part Chilwell did well too.

Oh, and thankfully Wolves’ finishing was terrible. 

• Like 2

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

I'm not entitled at all. With the squad we have, we should be top 6 all day long. On our recent performances we deserve to be mid table at best. We should count ourselves lucky. Not many teams as bad at attacking as us would be where we are. 

League tables don’t and never have lied

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Isn't that a bit harsh to single him out. Going forward we were clueless everywhere except with Ricky P. 

It may be harsh to single him out, but in all seriousness, what is his best attribute? I really struggle to identify what he brings when playing RW. He's a grinder -- he plays hard, he defends, but he isn't particularly talented or athletic. IDK what we saw in him, and Newcastle fans were astonished we came in for him. We needed another option at RW in the winter window, and failing to do so leaves us with a team that appears mostly checked out, ready to go through the motions for the rest of the season and maintain that CL position. Which, ok, maybe that is fine, but I for one am sick of these low-intensity performances. Especially in the games we go a goal down and suddenly start playing hard, zipping the ball around. If that goal had stood, I guarantee you we would've had a great run of play 2H. Instead, we just continued playing purposeless possession football. 

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Some of the reactions on here lol

We're in 3rd and we've drawn with 7th and Brendan is the new Claude. Sweet mother of Mary 

It's really not worth saying anything I don't think. People just don't get it, it's actually quite worrying 

• Like 1

It's worrying we can't break teams down. There's been too much passing around without much effort, we struggle to create anything. Youri and Madders are comfortably numb. I'm happy with this point considering the red card but we're sitting on a third, we should be doing better than that. Wolves were better (average but better) and we should feel lucky with a draw. Ricardo my MOTM (yet again). Wilf can't come back to first eleven soon enough.

Felt like the decision to leave Barnes on the left side was interesting.

I don't want to say it was wrong as it may well have helped us to get the point.

I personally would have put Albrighton on Traore, as having Barnes track back to take responsibility for him nullified him, and he was our only threat all night. I felt it pinned us back the way we played it, but hey we got the point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Disagree, over two games this season they haven’t scored against us. We’ve dominated possession in both games, we had more chances at home they had more tonight. Overall Two very evenly matched teams.

Well actually we had 1 on target vs their 2 on target at home. Yes we had more possession but I think they chose to give us more of the ball especially today.