Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

In the end not a bad result.

Disappointing that we didn't really offer anything going forward aside from Pereira.

We seem to get battered off the ball in the wide positions. Need to do some work on beefing up Tielemans and Perez.

We need more strength in the middle next season. We also need to add creativity.

Did well defensively today, particularly with ten men.

Ndidi injured, Mendy injured and Choudhury suspended 🙄 I feel like Praet might be able to get stuck in at the base of the midfield - I hope.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

In the 15-20 minutes he played, whilst with 10 men you mean??

Something needs a shake up, you know that. Too many teams are "doing a job" on us. 

No, in nearly any game all season. He's not as attacking as Tielemans, fewer key passes per 90', fewer interceptions per 90', and only 0.1 tackles more per 90'.

Tielemans is just the better player, even off form.

The wingers and striker is our issue. Most strikers in the league com deep to add another body to midfield when they don't get service, Vardy doesn;t. Its means we play more or less with 10 men whereas everyone else plays with 11 when the ball isn't in the opposition box.

Ndidi back in ASAP for me, maybe drop Perez (for someone?), and possibly try Kelechi.

Edited by Beechey

Good point and I’m not buying that being a bad game.

Two good sides, trying to figure a way through each other, neither quite able to do it but had that fascinating ‘will the breakthrough come’ tension. Similar to the 0-0 at the KP at our place - a 0-0 doesn’t automatically equal a bad game.

They’ll finish the season well so it was important to maintain the gap we have on them currently and make sure we didn’t lose. Job done.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

We are completely spineless and there is absolutely no desire in the team to win.

Disgraceful marking from set pieces continues, as does the sideways gameplay.

Brendan needs to massively give his head a wobble and decide what he is trying to achieve here. We didnt even try and win this game tonight. 

Been poor for weeks and done nothing to rectify it. Our league position just shows how incredibly bad the prem is this year. Its laughable.

Sort it out.

Look at the league table. You sound like an entitled Arsenal moron. 

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Rodgers' subs:

Albrighton

Praet

Morgan

Brendan Stodgers, more like....  :ph34r:

What's Nacho done not to get a sniff? I don't get it and neither will he. We looked dysfunctional all over the pitch. Wolves should have won by two or three but they could not finish.  

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure about this. I think they were the better team over both games. But points and score are what matters 

Disagree, over two games this season they haven’t scored against us. We’ve dominated possession in both games, we had more chances at home they had more tonight. Overall Two very evenly matched teams.

Shocking referees. VAR had to be called in and takes the flak for the lino not picking up an offside infront of his nose, Choudhury's first yellow was never a foul let alone a yellow card, took the ball cleanly; ok he should've been wiser with the second yellow after he unfortunately slipped admittedly but half of the yellow is nonsense. Half of this drama around VAR is just incompetence from referees on the field, I respect refs an their job but they should also be accountable and fit for purpose.

Good result all said and done. Wolves sat in ultra-defensively with 3 CBs, 2 WBs tucking in and Nevez deep from midfield, full blooded counter attacking team which allowed us the ball and allowed us to have "spells" of the game and hit us when we were tired and frustrated.

MotM Soyuncu 100%, rock solid and abrasive against a challenging and confident team. Barnes was alright, Tielemans started well but gave the ball away too often and eventually faded.

• Like 3

Evans was amazing tonight Ricardo and Cilwell I think had a good game too.

But our forward players (Perez and Barnes) were outplayed by the Wolves defenders and I feel we really miss Wilf in the middle because as good as Choudrey is; tonight we missed is drive and long legs. It all left Vardy isolated and out of the game. Personally I would have liked to see us go 442 with Nacho coming on to replace Tielemans but it would probably have left us shot defensively.

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

You think that was a good performance? You think we have been playing well recently? How anyone can watch us play like that and be satisfied is a mystery.

Solid defensively, hard to break down but not a lot going forward. 

Chelsea we played well and if it wasn't for two missed chances we would have won. 

We are in an unbelievable position and massively punching above our weight but some are still not happy would hate to be your partner must demand perfection at home. 

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

No, in nearly any game all season. He's not as attacking as Tielemans, fewer key passes per 90', fewer interceptions per 90', and only 0.1 tackles more per 90'.

Tielemans is just the better player, even off form.

The wingers and striker is our issue. Most strikers in the league com deep to add another body to midfield when they don't get service, Vardy doesn;t. Its means we play more or less with 10 men whereas everyone else plays with 11 when the ball isn't in the opposition box.

Dont you dare berate my vards!!!! 

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

When's the last time we won a game on a Friday night?

Ricardo Pereira probably our most active and most attacking player.

Kudos to the back four of handling the Wolves attacker well enough, but that's about the amount of praise I can come up with.

Where was our midfield? Maddison, Tielemans, where were thou? Barnes with no impact, could hardly get past the Wolves defenders.

What was the point in fielding Perez today?

No incentive going forward, Vardy with how many shots on goal?

We've looked disinterested, flat, uninspired, unmotivated for a while now and I'm fed up that these issues haven't been rectified yet.

Add clumsiness to that list. Choudhury, why???

It's as if the players, the manager and the club are happy with where we are, just don't put any more effort in, simply slouch over the finishing line. I mean, as long as the teams behind us are playing so erratically, why bother at all?

I'd hate to think with what mentality we'll approach Manchester City at home next weekend... :nono:

9-0 against southampton this season

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Very much feels like two points dropped for us given our chances that Jimenez had. 

Also that's 4 points VAR has robbed off us from you this season:@ 

I also thought Chowdhury's second yellow was a bit harsh. He slipped and was just trying stretch for the ball. Letter of the law and all that though... 

May I suggest scoring a goal that's actually legal?

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 2