Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

Foul by Hamza was poor, needs to cut that out of his game when he’s been booked. 

Having said that, the first Yellow was for a very good tackle. 

Overall a point is fine, away from home against a good Wolves team, just a shame we started the better team but I’d have been happy with 0-0 at 7pm tonight 

It’s a point closer to CL football 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

How long do we blame everyone else for Vardy having so few touches? He needs to somehow get involved more. 

I love him, but it's not his game. He's not good with hold up or with his back to goal in general.

It's pretty clear that once he's phased out, we won't be replacing him with someone with the same style of play, it doesn't really fit the system, despite him being a goal machine when on-form. Most of the game is not played in the final thirds, and when not in the final third, we play with a handicap because our striker doesn't come deep.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

When's the last time we won a game on a Friday night?

Ricardo Pereira probably our most active and most attacking player.

Kudos to the back four of handling the Wolves attacker well enough, but that's about the amount of praise I can come up with.

Where was our midfield? Maddison, Tielemans, where were thou? Barnes with no impact, could hardly get past the Wolves defenders.

What was the point in fielding Perez today?

No incentive going forward, Vardy with how many shots on goal?

We've looked disinterested, flat, uninspired, unmotivated for a while now and I'm fed up that these issues haven't been rectified yet.

Add clumsiness to that list. Choudhury, why???

It's as if the players, the manager and the club are happy with where we are, just don't put any more effort in, simply slouch over the finishing line. I mean, as long as the teams behind us are playing so erratically, why bother at all?

I'd hate to think with what mentality we'll approach Manchester City at home next weekend... :nono:

Totally agree what do you think about pushing him more forward on the wing use Perez as an impact sub for Vardy or Madders play James Justin on the right ?

thought we bought Ndidi back too soon miss his presence in the middle of the park Vardy has lost his mojo since his injury definitely need to bring in some quality in the summer if we get into and to compete in the Champions League !!:bounce:

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Shocking referees. VAR had to be called in and takes the flak for the lino not picking up an offside infront of his nose, Choudhury's first yellow was never a foul let alone a yellow card, took the ball cleanly; ok he should've been wiser with the second yellow after he unfortunately slipped admittedly but half of the yellow is nonsense. Half of this drama around VAR is just incompetence from referees on the field, I respect refs an their job but they should also be accountable and fit for purpose.

Good result all said and done. Wolves sat in ultra-defensively with 3 CBs, 2 WBs tucking in and Nevez deep from midfield, full blooded counter attacking team which allowed us the ball and allowed us to have "spells" of the game and hit us when we were tired and frustrated.

MotM Soyuncu 100%, rock solid and abrasive against a challenging and confident team. Barnes was alright, Tielemans started well but gave the ball away too often and eventually faded.

Tielemans is always looking to break the line with balls and push forwards. Sometimes you need to keep hold

of it a bit more. I’d have still kept him on, alongside Preat.

Just now, hejammy said:

Well actually we had 1 on target vs their 2 on target at home. Yes we had more possession but I think they chose to give us more of the ball especially today. 

2 shots each on target and way more off target and many more corners, it was almost the reverse of tonight’s game.

B5C2D71C-A793-470A-81E7-9E36C34FB46E.jpeg

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Very much feels like two points dropped for us given our chances that Jimenez had. 

Also that's 4 points VAR has robbed off us from you this season:@ 

I also thought Chowdhury's second yellow was a bit harsh. He slipped and was just trying stretch for the ball. Letter of the law and all that though... 

Not to mention that his first yellow was for a perfectly good tackle. Wolves are too negative, seem to play with the handbrake on to me. That's why they draw a lot of games. 

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

No, in nearly any game all season. He's not as attacking as Tielemans, fewer key passes per 90', fewer interceptions per 90', and only 0.1 tackles more per 90'.

Tielemans is just the better player, even off form.

The wingers and striker is our issue. Most strikers in the league com deep to add another body to midfield when they don't get service, Vardy doesn;t. Its means we play more or less with 10 men whereas everyone else plays with 11 when the ball isn't in the opposition box.

Ndidi back in ASAP for me, maybe drop Perez (for someone?), and possibly try Kelechi.

If Perez drops out its Gray in for me. People don't fear Albrighton.

As you say, Tielemans is off form, has been for too long. But we haven't even given Praet a chance to see his form, gain any momentum.

Iheanacho, I feel, should be most frustrated with his minutes lately. The guy scores whenever he plays.

And as for Ndidi being injured, it's him or Mendy next week. Or perhaps 3 at the back with Bennett in? 

What a shit game and there was me thinking a winter break would create a more exciting, more intensive end to the season.

Right, onto the actual game I don’t think we looked in much danger but I do think we created our own problems which put us in danger from time to time but that’s what this shitty passive game brings - when will people realise!! The sooner Pep ****s off in the summer the better and his fanboys can follow him with “the way the football should be played” bullshit philosophy!

Equally we also don’t look like going forward, passions for possessions sake, possession WITHOUT possessions purpose, almost Puel-like and I’ll admit it, I’d be crucifying that if Puel was still in charge but see the Pep point as far as that is concerned.

In the circumstances of both before the game and during I’m quite happy with the result, as for the performance, well, I’ll carry on, we’ve been poor since late November.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

If Perez drops out its Gray in for me. People don't fear Albrighton.

As you say, Tielemans is off form, has been for too long. But we haven't even given Praet a chance to see his form, gain any momentum.

Iheanacho, I feel, should be most frustrated with his minutes lately. The guy scores whenever he plays.

And as for Ndidi being injured, it's him or Mendy next week. Or perhaps 3 at the back with Bennett in? 

Has Mendy healed?

4 minutes ago, Onions said:

Foul by Hamza was poor, needs to cut that out of his game when he’s been booked. 

Having said that, the first Yellow was for a very good tackle. 

Overall a point is fine, away from home against a good Wolves team, just a shame we started the better team but I’d have been happy with 0-0 at 7pm tonight 

It’s a point closer to CL football 

He slipped for the second and his first was a good tackle. Was unlucky 

It's uncool to comment upon wolves, but they are a glorified Burnley. Not necessarily a criticism that.

Long guesswork balls into the channels to switch play. Back post nod backs. Three big dudes whacking everything clear at the back.

But they mix it up with skill higher up the pitch. Very unorthodox. Very awkward to play against.