Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich (A) Match Thread

Just now, Tanya said:

I think we were fairly poor. Hamza in particular has squandered his chance now that Wilf is out. Looks lost. 

I do think while Praet doesn't have that killer pass Youri does, he is SO GOOD at keeping the ball under pressure. He always seems to nimbly beat th press before offloading the ball to keep possession. I still prefer what Youri brings to a side but Praet is a cracking player.

Rodgers seems frustrated on the sidelines. Wonder if there will be any changes?

I agree Your playing behind Nacho man is the way forward

• Like 1

Very little quality on show against a team that is there for the taking . Chilwell is a liability in defence as usual - I wince every time he gets the ball. Barnes clueless when he goes forward. Perez sharp in the box but so feeble everywhere else. Nacho’s close control shows up the others and thank Christ for Jonny Evans.

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

And hugely, hugely under rated. 

A 6/10 Tielemans is better than any other alternative we have, including a 10/10 Praet. 

No coincidence that Maddison looks better when Tielemans is on it. He’s the one making the 5-10 yard forward passes through the centre of the pitch pushing us upfield.

Tielemans has played well for about 2 months this season in which we won 8 games in a row. If Ndidi’s the base that forms the difference between us being poor and decent, Tielemans is what takes us to the next level beyond that.

When Tielemans plays well, we play well.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He’s constantly losing the ball or passing to the opposition.

Hes been passed to a number of times in a forward position and created **** all.

This happens in 9/10 games 

Literally created the chance for Kelechi who blazed over. 

Selective viewing? 

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Cant quite work out if we over achieved in the 1st half of the season and we are just an average side or if we are a really good side but have played poorly for near on 3 months give or take the odd game. August to November was title challenging form, Dec to now has been relegation form. Cant work out if just have a few players lacking form and confidence or whether Rodgers just doesn't have an answer for our rapid drop on form. We were spoilt 1st part of the season and were amazing to watch at times, its really not enjoyable to watch at the moment and hasn't been for a while.

Technically, even in this form, we wouldn’t get relegated. 

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

We really needed to spend some money in january.

What a gamble with champions league that was to stick with the squad you got.

I hope it pays off because atm I cant see us finishing in the top 4

Cant buy players if nobody is available at a decent price. January is a mugs market and only teams that are desperate buy, like Spurs and United. At the time we weren't desperate but hindsight could be wonderful when we get to the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

No coincidence that Maddison looks better when Tielemans is on it. He’s the one making the 5-10 yard forward passes through the centre of the pitch pushing us upfield.

Tielemans has played well for about 2 months this season in which we won 8 games in a row. If Ndidi’s the base that forms the difference between us being poor and decent, Tielemans is what takes us to the next level beyond that.

When Tielemans plays well, we play well.

I hope from next week we can go back to that team and the intensity they played with. Praet maybe unfortunate to miss out as he's been tidy when called upon but that eleven (even with Chilwell's form) is our best team by far.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Nonsense. If you took the shirts and names away, it'd look like a shocking bottom of the tabkle team versus upper middle team who are coasting.

If that's the case then this upper mid table team has been coasting for 3 months.  Who is failing at their job to sort that part out? 

Watching this on an Irish channel and the amount of public education / information adverts is impressive. Helps to inform and teach those who don't know about things.

Wouldn't happen in the UK now as it is lost advertising revenue and our government doesn't care.

Also the game is too even for my liking.