Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich (A) Match Thread

Game that could go either way, barnes looks great running down the wing but his end product was abysmal in that half, chilwell having a bad game so far, nacho doing ok, some good hold up play and nice link up for the perez chance, not terrible but need to step it up second half

• Like 1

It's frustrating because we know we're better than this and Norwich seem more of a threat to us than most others they've played. He may look like an assassin from a spy thriller but that Farke seems to have us and our system sussed, just like the home game we're frustrated.

It’s hardly the worst 45 minutes we’ve played this season. 

People seem to forget that these are all top level teams and games are always going to be tight. 

Foxestalk gets so wound up when we aren’t 2 or 3 up.

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

It’s hardly the worst 45 minutes we’ve played this season. 

People seem to forget that these are all top level teams and games are always going to be tight. 

Foxestalk gets so wound up when we aren’t 2 or 3 up.

It's the heightened expectations. If we're not 3 or 4 up by half time it's mega disappointment. 

Have some expectations of course but don't go to the extreme when it doesn't work out. 

Stay positive folks.

Reality is we arent a top 4 side, never was the season plan, like winning the league! Looks like the impact, pressure and self belief all too much of late. Side are hanging on to lofty heights not enjoying them.

No-ones fault, collective issue. We have a few out of form and a couple who perhaps shouldn't be there. Truth is what will be will be, we look just as likely to finish 5th/6th as 3rd which is making everyone including players nervous.

Remember the plan was to challenge best of the rest, 7th - last seasons Wolves position.  Not making top 4 would be hugely disappointing tho no question.

• Thanks 1

Frustrating half but ppl can’t say it was that bad... surely we dont think we can just turn up and play these boys off the park and wallop them... we’ve been the better team but we’re not quite clicking at the mo. I’m liking Nacho playing the link up role, he just needs better wingers to be around him.

Also with Choudhury, I just don’t think he’s capable at this level but I really really want him to do well.

hopw he proves me wrong

• Like 1

I think we were fairly poor. Hamza in particular has squandered his chance now that Wilf is out. Looks lost. 

I do think while Praet doesn't have that killer pass Youri does, he is SO GOOD at keeping the ball under pressure. He always seems to nimbly beat th press before offloading the ball to keep possession. I still prefer what Youri brings to a side but Praet is a cracking player.

Rodgers seems frustrated on the sidelines. Wonder if there will be any changes?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Chilwell having another blinder again 😂😂

Quite worrying that Fuchs who looked shot this time last year is playing far more effectively than a bloke 10 years younger and rated at £50 million.

Cant quite work out if we over achieved in the 1st half of the season and we are just an average side or if we are a really good side but have played poorly for near on 3 months give or take the odd game. August to November was title challenging form, Dec to now has been relegation form. Cant work out if just have a few players lacking form and confidence or whether Rodgers just doesn't have an answer for our rapid drop on form. We were spoilt 1st part of the season and were amazing to watch at times, its really not enjoyable to watch at the moment and hasn't been for a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

Thing is, if this was say Bournemouth Vs Norwich, we would all be saying that both teams are totally hapless and belong in the bin.  We've been poor for months.  A third of our season now has been bottom 3 form.  Our play has dropped off a cliff to be no better than Puels football for the past three months.  It's rank.

Nonsense. If you took the shirts and names away, it'd look like a shocking bottom of the tabkle team versus upper middle team who are coasting.