Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

You simply can't null and void the season.

Why cancel everything that's happened since August in order to protect a botched season that hasn't even started?

You've got the issue of completing in time, so I'd agree with Dan's suggestion of using the rest of this year to finish it. You could then change seasons to calendar years (like Russia/Sweden) and finish in time for the 2022 World Cup. Or even round it up to 30-32 games each. I know some teams would have a harder run-in than others, but it's fairer than them not being relegated/missing out on Europe after ex amount of games. Other sports had cut off points in which you have to declare the results. Boxing, Cricket and Speedway etc.

There's CL and EL qualification rounds to factor in for the tinpot nations, there will have to be some positions awarded regardless of what they decide on.

• Like 1

Mason Mount apparently been given a bollocking for meeting up with Declan Rice for a kick about. He's meant to be self isolating for 14 days. Rice was fine because nobody at West Ham had showed signs of it, but I guess he'll have to self isolate now.

Safe to say Mount is an idiot.

21 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Mason Mount apparently been given a bollocking for meeting up with Declan Rice for a kick about. He's meant to be self isolating for 14 days. Rice was fine because nobody at West Ham had showed signs of it, but I guess he'll have to self isolate now.

Safe to say Mount is an idiot.

How thick do you get, honestly just a ridiculous thing to do. 

Specifically this paragraph peaked my interest...

image.jpeg.ccce09a41565418fa8123db88cd32fbf.jpeg

All the better if UEFA are pushing for the completion of the season, increases the chances of us getting our deserved European football

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

All the better if UEFA are pushing for the completion of the season, increases the chances of us getting our deserved European football

They could always do a mini tournament to decide the final positions too, with weighted to reflect the current standings. Saying that, if they were to do it, they may as well just play the final 9/10 games. 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I am happy for this as long Arsenal and Spuds are included.  The big 6 cannot be left out as this will probably end in legal action against the EPL under the 'Divine Right' Law.

As we dont know how long things will be like this for, I reckon the two most realistic options are:

1- Move the Euros to next year, finish the season in the summer.

2 - Finish this season in 2020 and have a 19 game season next season.

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

You've got the issue of completing in time, so I'd agree with Dan's suggestion of using the rest of this year to finish it. You could then change seasons to calendar years (like Russia/Sweden) and finish in time for the 2022 World Cup. Or even round it up to 30-32 games each. I know some teams would have a harder run-in than others, but it's fairer than them not being relegated/missing out on Europe after ex amount of games. Other sports had cut off points in which you have to declare the results. Boxing, Cricket and Speedway etc.

I have said previously but  I think ll the leagues should be finished. Depending on when this would is determine number of games in next season.  This would mean some teams play twice against each other and other teams s only once. Obviously some luck/unfairness about this but same with a cup competition and no-one says div 2 in county championship is invalid because of the fact only some teams face each other twice. The importantance is teams know what to expect and will avoid legal challenges across all leagues. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Your not sure why?????  You say the powerful elites always do what ever it takes etc?? When did this last happen?? Its never happened so there is not a chance, you do know!! I would have alot of money on Liverpool will be handed the tittle, we will be 3rd or void, or season goes on! But this idea of of “hand liverpool the title, because its liverpool” and “we don’t like leicester ‘s fit, lets have the big clubs in the CL”

in this day and age in this country things are fair!! This is by no means one bit fair, not gonna happen pal

I don't think posters are saying that the football power brokers actively dislike Leicester or Sheff U. Rather, if you look at the way the point coefficients and Financial Fair Play regulations are structured, they are designed to ensure that the biggest clubs across Europe continue to monopolize the Champions League places, Having the big name clubs playing in the Champions League attracts bigger worldwide audiences and that translates into higher revenues. This then filters back to the 'big boys' and the existing power structure is perpetuated. However, I hope on this occasion you are right, and that a sense of fair play overrides this inherent bias. If we do get shafted, the impressive momentum our club has built this season will be seriously undermined.

Possible idea:

2019/20 season resumes when it is safe to do so. All fixtures are played out and the season is completed. No relegations, just promotion (including play off winners)

EURO 2020 is postponed until next season.

Champions League and Europa League are completed quickly; second legs will be completed but the following rounds will be played in just one match at a neutral venue.

One month off.

2020/21 season:

League Cup is suspended until further notice.

FA Cup is played as normal but teams competing in Europe miss out.

Champions League and Europa League return to a knockout format for one season only. Teams with least experience start in later rounds.

League is played 23 teams, but with half the fixtures; 22 games each, 11 at home, 11 away.

A ballot to decide which games are home/away, with clubs with smaller stadiums given the home priority against big teams.

Transfer window only open when it's convenient; any big clubs caught trying to bully Leicester for their players will be sent an envelope that I've coughed in.

35 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

UEFA - prefers that domestic seasons are seen to a conclusion 

Also UEFA - give us £300m compensation for concluding your leagues

Guest Harrydc

I'd say just wait until its all over then carry on the season as it was. Yes, it may effect timings but it's not important right now. 

I know this thread is supposed to keep people’s chins up,give everyone something to talk about etc.However unless a vaccine is invented ASAP. Football is going to look very different in 12 months time.Just look at who owns the clubs.Who sponsors the shirts and stadiums.How Sky etc get their revenues.The whole thing is going to collapse like a pack of cards.

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

I'd say just wait until its all over then carry on the season as it was. Yes, it may effect timings but it's not important right now. 

Yea good idea pal, let it blow over while a pint at the winchester! 

60EED944-8913-4264-9565-D9B4BBC61462.jpeg

Edited by lestajigs
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

If people are being told to stay at home for 12 weeks cannot see football with crowds getting going soon.

I think there is an outside chance there will be no more football or major sports events this year. This virus isn't going to go anywhere fast and if Europe and the UK peaks in mid may to June that is the peak there is still a long way to go until sports could continue.