Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

3 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'm finding it all a tad exhausting. It's like 1.55am in a nightclub. Desperately looking around for anything!! Show some class please!!😂😂

And then when we fail, we claim we weren't interested in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Some people really need to get over Chris Sutton lol 

He says these absolute daft things to get exactly these sorts of reactions.

Classic case of feeding the troll.

He really never bothered me, but in truth i don't think he has the intelligence for a wind up?  he says such thing because he is a clueless bell end ! 

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

I agree... Some also need to get over the fact that Celtic is a massive club, bigger than us... and anyone that says any different is off their rocker. 

Possibly something Sutton needs to get over is the fact that the Premier League is massive compared to the Scottish Premiership and carry on waffling about Rodgers leaving to take up the opportunity to go back to England. Our owner reportedly said, "take it now or the chance is gone". Not "I tell you what, stay until the end of the season and win the league again, because Celtic is a priority to me over the club I own..."  He could have turned it down, we appoint someone else, and he not get offered a job in England again for another 3 or 4 years... 

In general, I actually enjoy listening to Chris Sutton, he does come out with some rubbish to get a reaction, but it's funny... 

Agreed, he's fishing for bites so you have to realise that.

Agree completely with your post, any player, manager or whatever is going to pick probably any EPL club over Celtic that's the reality.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He clearly has as he still living in your head nearly two years later when your reciting quotes of his lol

I think it's being in your 40s , contextualized memory gets some random triggers,  i remember random shit like what shirt i wore on a night out in Albufeira or what a football commentator said but ask me where i left keys 10 mins ago..  Different story .  Many things live in my head but chris sutton is not one of them 

Edited by jamfox
  • Haha 1

The thing with Sutton’s comments are, if you actually listen to them he never said Celtic would beat Leicester or have better players, he said Celtic are a bigger club and then used hyperbole to suggest their reserves are bigger than us.

Most of what he said is true, I’ve traveled quite a bit around the world and any place I’ve ever been if Celtic are on the TV every bar is rammed with Green and White. When Leicester are on, you rarely get more that 20 people in there, and then they are usually holiday makers from Leicester, although since 2016 there are a few more blue shirts knocking around Melbourne.

Celtic on a global scale in terms of size and supporter base are up there with the very biggest clubs. We are not (yet)! 

3 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Unless hamza is out the door, this wouldn't make too much sense now Mendy has signed a long term. Brendan wouldn't be able to keep 4 DM's happy for 1 spot. 

Was going to say the same thing. His passing seems better (based on YouTube clips), but not sure he’s much of a substantive upgrade on Hamza. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Diallo is a great prospect but he's not a box to box player, he would be competing to play DCM. If Hamza is to be let go we need a player of a similar skill set but better. Diallo would have been the ideal signing if we didn't manage to retain Mendy.

Everytime is see the words DCM it looks so weird. Surely it's CDM?? I've probably been spending too much time playing FIFA 😂

Edit: I've 

Do you think we would really need him? I mean we have Mendy, Ndidi and sometimes at a push we could use Choudhury. 

Edited by Rustynail
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rustynail said:

Everytime is see the words DCM it looks so weird. Surely it's CDM?? I've probably been spending too much time playing FIFA 😂

Edit: I've 

Do you think we would really need him? I mean we have Mendy, Ndidi and sometimes at a push we could use Choudhury. 

Do you know what, I think you are right. The abbreviation for an attacking central midfielder is CAM so I apologise 😂

If you'd asked me a few months ago I'd say we did need Diallo, then Mendy coming in to form I'd say no. Now Ndidi is out for 3 months + then we would be in trouble if Mendy got an injury (had several in the past here) even with Hamza being able to play there.

It's a tricky one, he'd be the go to target if we were to sign a new defensive midfielder but I think the weakness in our squad is having a combative box to box player which Rodgers is asking Choudhury to be when called upon and I'm not sure this has helped or hindered his career here.