Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

To maybe defend those people a bit, that's the vaccine that currently is being rationed out such that if you get the first does, you might not get the second until 3 months later, and at that point they might give you a different vaccine to the first one they gave. So waiting for the second one means you are more likely to get the same one twice. I could understand some doubt over taking it in that sense.

However, given that the Pfizer one has a much higher efficacy rate, and knowing the said areas in question, I can't say it's too likely that's the case.

Yeah, but that's not their reasoning for declining the Pfizer one. It's because it's not "the English one".

• Like 1

I'm still amazed it took the government less than a week to get something wrong with the vaccinations. I don't know why, but I expected them to get this one right considering the time they've had.

Can you imagine them in charge of stock for a super market. When it comes round to summer "more people than expected are buying burgers and beer, so we're having to ration 1 burger and and 1 4 pack per customer".

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, but that's not their reasoning for declining the Pfizer one. It's because it's not "the English one".

Mentioned for affect i would assume within the report, in reality its an OAP trying to distinguish 2 medications they can't pronounce or remember to go along with the reasons @StriderHiryu mentions maybe?

55 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It does a bit but the real problem is due to, in 1987 there were 300,000 nhs beds and we had a population of 56 million, we now have 120,000 beds and a population of 66 million. All this protect the NHS that is being drummed into us is solely down to successive governments systematically destroying the NHS through greed, incompetence and a lack of foresight. The taxpayer pays for the NHS, we've increased the taxpayer population by 15% in 30 years yet reduced the cost of the NHS by 60% , where has that money gone that allows for the reduction in bed numbers, and seeing as how staff employed in the NHS are ultimately linked to bed numbers i.e. less beds=less nurses, doctors, ambulance drivers etc. required. All this government are doing is deflecting away from the real issue and that is the NHS is under so much pressure due to greed and lack of foresight that when something happens that actually requires a lot of  NHS beds, a healthier population, which is what we have become,  is not necessarily going to fix the problem. And when they come up with stuff like, we're going to employ 20,000 nurses, or 20,000 police officers, all they're really doing is replacing those that have retired or left those services.

You are absolutely right. 

Some people will try and disprove this and suggest that it is not the case, but the conservatives have repeatability ****ed over the emergency services, in particular the police and the NHS, and the lack of capacity to deal with this is down to that, no matter what some devout Tory supporters wish to think, they have butchered the public sector to the brink of breaking, and that is without a pandemic. 

Just look at the number of local police stations shut, and small community hospitals closed over the years. My brother and sister are both cops, and they often said that they a national crises away from from not being able to function properly, so I can't begin to imagine what the NHS is currently enduring.... when operations are being stopped and life saving treatment halted for other illnesses, you know something is not good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Stepping away from the politics for a second one thing this virus has really shown is how dangerously over populated the planet is. We knew this already thanks to the growing concerns of global warming but the rate this thing has spread across the planet has been frightening. A more potent and deadly virus could be catastrophic and could result in massive loss of life..... perhaps this is the wake up call the human race needed, as awful as it is to say and I don’t mean to disrespect anyone who has lost a loved one in this period (I lost my grandma as a result of this too), but perhaps this will force the human race collectively to really start changing, if there’s another pandemic it could be a serious threat to the human race. 

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The world population was 4 billion in 1974. It's currently estimated at 7.8 billion, just 47 years later.

Its a bit frightening but there is a lukewarm approach of preventing people being mindful if needing, say, 5+, etc.

Reason being that the bottom line is more people = more requirement for resources = more money being spent and bigger numbers, sales, etc, etc. In short, a reducing population doesnt look good on the balace books, which is a sad state of affairs.

I can see the argument here, but I don't think a Malthusian line on population is a real problem here. Not when the latest projections have it topping out later this century and then remaining stable or declining.

A deadlier virus - or some other outcome of nature - is of course a threat, but I honestly don't think population is nearly so big a risk factor by comparison for that as some people believe.

Edited by leicsmac

Just now, leicsmac said:

I can see the argument here, but I don't think a Malthusian line on population is a real problem here. Not when the latest projections have it topping or later this century and then remaining stable or declining.

A deadlier virus - or some other outcome of nature - is of course a threat, but I honestly don't think population is nearly so big a risk factor by comparison for that as some people believe.

I think what I mean is in areas where we are densely populated like cities for example. I think that this virus has definitely spread quicker in these densely populated areas, just because the potential for human contact is inevitable rather than a possibility. A lot of modern cities are like this, and this is where the vast majority of countries/states populations are. I just think if a more potent virus was to develop, in these areas it would be potentially devastating. It's not the main problem no, but I feel it is one of the reasons this virus has spread so aggressively is due to those heavy condensed areas? 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Isn't this why the term divine intervention was coined?

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Are you Benguin in disguise? 

58 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Don’t start one of those debates again please 😂

53 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Not from nature then? 

Sonething that is proven to exist. 

46 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Probably why he's losing so many followers. Can't just send a simple message like "bit of a warning lad's, if you don't stop eating me pangolins, i'll give you no more VAR decisions" instead it has to be worldwide destruction.

19 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What’s the message? Stop being nice to gay people because he hates them.

If we had the internet 2000 years ago god would be exposed as a right bigoted old cùnt wouldn’t he?

I know having a kid mellowed him a bit but he is still a massive dickhead.

Pin on Fishing Tips

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Your troll level is high on this one mate lol

You just have to mention the 'G' word on here and people are guaranteed to lose their shit :D

Seriously ????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

Two women have described how they were surrounded by police, read their rights and fined £200 each after driving five miles to take a walk.

The women were also told the hot drinks they had brought along were not allowed as they were "classed as a picnic".

Guidance for the current lockdown says people can travel for exercise as long as it is in their "local area".

The police force involved, Derbyshire Police, said driving for exercise was "not in the spirit" of lockdown.

One of the would-be walkers, Jessica Allen, assumed "someone had been murdered" when she arrived at Foremark Reservoir on Wednesday afternoon.

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You are absolutely right. 

Some people will try and disprove this and suggest that it is not the case, but the conservatives have repeatability ****ed over the emergency services, in particular the police and the NHS, and the lack of capacity to deal with this is down to that, no matter what some devout Tory supporters wish to think, they have butchered the public sector to the brink of breaking, and that is without a pandemic. 

Just look at the number of local police stations shut, and small community hospitals closed over the years. My brother and sister are both cops, and they often said that they a national crises away from from not being able to function properly, so I can't begin to imagine what the NHS is currently enduring.... when operations are being stopped and life saving treatment halted for other illnesses, you know something is not good.

Course they will try to disprove it because they are blinded by the fact that in normal times we don't need tons of beds because of advances in recovery times and medicine, being able to stay at home and recover from operations, key hole surgery techniques that allow people to return home almost straight after an operation, so many more people being able to attend outpatient clinics,  the list is endless when it comes to home recovery. But the problem has come because either no one asked, or no one would listen, to the question of what happens in the event of a global pandemic, or a nuclear tragedy or whatever event that would require the need for real hospital beds to over come it. Now the answer was either, it'll never happen so we don't need them or, that money could be spent in other areas (and i can skim of a bit for my expenses and second house in the cotswolds) and we'll suck it and see in the event of a pandemic, either way, it wasn't me or you that put pressure on NHS, and that means our, national resources it was and is the government, and previous governments, that are to blame and should be held responsible. ****in w*nkers. 

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

Two women have described how they were surrounded by police, read their rights and fined £200 each after driving five miles to take a walk.

The women were also told the hot drinks they had brought along were not allowed as they were "classed as a picnic".

Guidance for the current lockdown says people can travel for exercise as long as it is in their "local area".

The police force involved, Derbyshire Police, said driving for exercise was "not in the spirit" of lockdown.

One of the would-be walkers, Jessica Allen, assumed "someone had been murdered" when she arrived at Foremark Reservoir on Wednesday afternoon.

Hang on, i saw 2 coppers on Mcdonalds car park having a cup of coffee and a chat yesterday, i'll take a photo if i see them again. Name and shame.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

I went to school with 1 of them and I’m not in the slightest bit surprised at how overly dramatic that article is 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Course they will try to disprove it because they are blinded by the fact that in normal times we don't need tons of beds because of advances in recovery times and medicine, being able to stay at home and recover from operations, key hole surgery techniques that allow people to return home almost straight after an operation, so many more people being able to attend outpatient clinics,  the list is endless when it comes to home recovery. But the problem has come because either no one asked, or no one would listen, to the question of what happens in the event of a global pandemic, or a nuclear tragedy or whatever event that would require the need for real hospital beds to over come it. Now the answer was either, it'll never happen so we don't need them or, that money could be spent in other areas (and i can skim of a bit for my expenses and second house in the cotswolds) and we'll suck it and see in the event of a pandemic, either way, it wasn't me or you that put pressure on NHS, and that means our, national resources it was and is the government, and previous governments, that are to blame and should be held responsible. ****in w*nkers. 

Again absolutely correct. 

Two questions should be asked by a government before all else in my opinion.... 

Can our medical infrastructure cope with a national crises?

Can our police and army cope with a national crises? 

One is clearly a no, and I don't think the second would be any different. The health and well being and the safety and security of your people should never be compromised. And it has.  

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

They look a little high maintenance don't let the fec'ing TLC channel see this or they'll be making "The Real Housewives of Ashby-de-la-Zouch" next.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I think what I mean is in areas where we are densely populated like cities for example. I think that this virus has definitely spread quicker in these densely populated areas, just because the potential for human contact is inevitable rather than a possibility. A lot of modern cities are like this, and this is where the vast majority of countries/states populations are. I just think if a more potent virus was to develop, in these areas it would be potentially devastating. It's not the main problem no, but I feel it is one of the reasons this virus has spread so aggressively is due to those heavy condensed areas? 

Thank you for the clarification.

Coronavirus: 'Major incident' declared in London by Sadiq Khan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55588163

The spread of Covid in London is "out of control" according to Sadiq Khan, who has declared a "major incident".

It comes as the coronavirus infection rate in London has exceeded 1,000 per 100,000 people.

Major incidents have previously been called for the Grenfell Tower fire in June 2017 and the terror attacks at Westminster Bridge and London Bridge.

Currently, there are more than 7,000 people in hospital with Covid-19, the mayor said.

A major incident is defined as an event or situation with a range of serious consequences which requires special arrangements to be implemented by one or more emergency responder agency.

This is a 35% increase compared to the previous peak of the pandemic, Mr Khan added.

He said the London Ambulance Service was currently taking up to 8,000 emergency calls a day, compared to 5,500 on a typical busy day.

It comes after the London Fire Brigade said more than 100 firefighters had been drafted in to drive ambulances to help cope with the demand.

Mr Khan warned that London was "at crisis point".

"If we do not take immediate action now, our NHS could be overwhelmed and more people will die.

"Londoners continue to make huge sacrifices and I am today imploring them to please stay at home unless it is absolutely necessary for you to leave. Stay at home to protect yourself, your family, friends and other Londoners and to protect our NHS."

Mr Khan has written to Prime Minister Boris Johnson asking for more financial support for Londoners who need to self-isolate and unable to work, and for daily vaccination data.

He is also asking for the closure of places of worship and for face masks to be worn routinely outside of the home, including in crowded places and supermarket queues.

eorgia Gould, chair of London Councils, described London's rising coronavirus rate as "dangerous".

She added: "One in 30 Londoners now has Covid. This is why public services across London are urging all Londoners to please stay at home except for absolutely essential shopping and exercise.

"This is a dark and difficult time for our city but there is light at end of the tunnel with the vaccine rollout. We are asking Londoners to come together one last time to stop the spread - lives really do depend on it."

Edited by Buce