Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

How gutted would you be if the missus was preparing a lovely picnic and when you finish your walk with the suspiciously light picnic basket and have found a lovely spot to enjoy lunch (prior obviously to abandoning it 20 seconds letter when attacked by wasps and dogs) you open your basket to find 2 large flasks of peppermint tea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

Two women have described how they were surrounded by police, read their rights and fined £200 each after driving five miles to take a walk.

The women were also told the hot drinks they had brought along were not allowed as they were "classed as a picnic".

Guidance for the current lockdown says people can travel for exercise as long as it is in their "local area".

The police force involved, Derbyshire Police, said driving for exercise was "not in the spirit" of lockdown.

One of the would-be walkers, Jessica Allen, assumed "someone had been murdered" when she arrived at Foremark Reservoir on Wednesday afternoon.

Just the BBC using sorts to keep people clicking.

It was a fit student yesterday complaining about the fees causing anxiety during the pandemic and no doubt it'll be some other sort tomorrow about something along the lines of rent issues. 

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

Two women have described how they were surrounded by police, read their rights and fined £200 each after driving five miles to take a walk.

The women were also told the hot drinks they had brought along were not allowed as they were "classed as a picnic".

Guidance for the current lockdown says people can travel for exercise as long as it is in their "local area".

The police force involved, Derbyshire Police, said driving for exercise was "not in the spirit" of lockdown.

One of the would-be walkers, Jessica Allen, assumed "someone had been murdered" when she arrived at Foremark Reservoir on Wednesday afternoon.

What worries me more is that these pair felt the need to run off to the media for a new story. 

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What worries me more is that these pair felt the need to run off to the media for a new story. 

They're obviously trying to get out of paying for it, although coppers lying in ambush at foremark res. is a bit ott. Hope there's none down at the burbage common doggin society tonight! 

11 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They're obviously trying to get out of paying for it, although coppers lying in ambush at foremark res. is a bit ott. Hope there's none down at the burbage common doggin society tonight! 

If what they say happened is the truth you can understand their annoyance and if those were the facts they win in Court reading what the legal expert says. Whether their version is correct is far from certain and we may never know. 

5 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

If what they say happened is the truth you can understand their annoyance and if those were the facts they win in Court reading what the legal expert says. Whether their version is correct is far from certain and we may never know. 

The most annoying thing is that Cummings was judged to have broken no rules but these ladies have.

One rule for one another for the general public.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

But just be sure to remember it was you hugging your gran that caused this, not the criminal underfunding of the health service for the last decade, or quashing the nurses bursary. It was you, you monster who had the audacity to hug your gran on Christmas day. 

To be fair both are valid!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

This is gross abuse of authority by the police and should be called out. Have the police not got better priorities than this?

When the lockdown was announced on Monday I also noticed the ambiguity of the little phrase 'local area'. Local area could mean 'parish', district council or county boundary or even something else. The well-paid civil servants who draw up this stuff really ought to be able to frame a regulation which is simple and unambiguous and if they don't some of our 650 MPs ought to be smart enough to sniff out inconsistencies and come up with something better. The regulations are actually the law and the law in England does not recognise the principle of 'not in the spirit'.

I have already written to my MP asking if he would get clarification from the government of which he is a member and will happily share his response in the public interest. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

But just be sure to remember it was you hugging your gran that caused this, not the criminal underfunding of the health service for the last decade, or quashing the nurses bursary. It was you, you monster who had the audacity to hug your gran on Christmas day. 

With all the funding in the world many people would still not survive this unfortunately. 

37 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Both are at fault no?  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The police will be getting short shrift from me if they want to fine me for going for a walk.  Ridiculous behaviour.  I can guarantee not one copper will want to take the point to court.

Exactly. 

The 'great' British public seem unable to work out that being issued a fine by a beat Bobby  does not equate to guilt. 

If you've  got a case, simply appeal it. I wouldn't  waste my breath with a jobsworth copper. Just give me your little ticket, be on your way and I'll see you in court 😂

• Like 1

It’s all well and good taking the piss out of the police for handing notices out, but you’ve got to bare in mind they have probably seen more legislation changes to one thing in a few months than most have seen in a career.

If anyone has seen how the legislation is worded a lot of the time it can be left open to interpretation... 

The gov website states that if you are to leave home it is to be for work or essential shopping, and that you must remain within your area, town, village or part of the city you live in..... this on the face value of it may seem pretty straight forward but if you live on a border things could potentially get awkward, because you have left your area.... but it could be only a few miles.

Point is, I think the powers that be were not satisfied with the amount of tickets being handed out initially, and it is likely the directive from the government will be for cops to have a zero tolerance approach to people who can’t justify why they are out, and out of their areas... it’s shit but it’s shit for everyone, having the bounties changed from month to month is a bit of a piss take to all concerned, so I can understand why some cops may be less lenient than others. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s all well and good taking the piss out of the police for handing notices out, but you’ve got to bare in mind they have probably seen more legislation changes to one thing in a few months than most have seen in a career.

If anyone has seen how the legislation is worded a lot of the time it can be left open to interpretation... 

The gov website states that if you are to leave home it is to be for work or essential shopping, and that you must remain within your area, town, village or part of the city you live in..... this on the face value of it may seem pretty straight forward but if you live on a border things could potentially get awkward, because you have left your area.... but it could be only a few miles.

Point is, I think the powers that be were not satisfied with the amount of tickets being handed out initially, and it is likely the directive from the government will be for cops to have a zero tolerance approach to people who can’t justify why they are out, and out of their areas... it’s shit but it’s shit for everyone, having the bounties changed from month to month is a bit of a piss take to all concerned, so I can understand why some cops may be less lenient than others. 

Forget the police, think of the lawyers!

Leicester city has a population density of 12,000 people per square mile (per Wikipedia).  Is it the official view that it is safer for all those 12,000 to remain within their square mile to take exercise walking round and round the same pavements?  Or is there a case for saying that going to a place where there are a dozen people per square mile and exercising there, might be less likely to spread the disease?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Who’d be a copper these days?

Gross underfunding on one hand, people who don’t give a shite and bleat on about their ‘human rights’ on the other.

It’s no surprise the country is in the fookin mess it’s in is it...

• Like 1