Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

On Friday, Mr Le Drian said the EU "shouldn't be paying the price" for the UK's vaccination policy.

He also criticised its approach to purchasing jabs, suggesting the UK was under pressure because it lacked enough doses to supply second shots.

"The United Kingdom has taken great pride in vaccinating well with the first dose except they have a problem with the second dose," he said.

"One can't play with blackmail," he added. "You can't be playing like this."

Blackmail ffs. lol

I think it's a double pronged message to the UK.

Part 1 - blackmail is wrong and naughty and not to be considered.

Part 2 - if you don't do as we say we will sabotage your vaccine programme by preventing second doses from going ahead.

He clearly doesn't do irony very well.

It really is time that the EU gave it up as a bad job and tore up their contract with AstraZeneca.  They hate the company, they hate the product - why on earth do they want more of it?  It can't just be because they don't want us to have it?  If I was an AstraZeneca boss I would be moving factories to the UK as fast as practicable.  There is no restriction to export from here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Part 2 - if you don't do as we say we will sabotage your vaccine programme by preventing second doses from going ahead.

It really is time that the EU gave it up as a bad job and tore up their contract with AstraZeneca.  They hate the company, they hate the product - why on earth do they want more of it?  It can't just be because they don't want us to have it?  If I was an AstraZeneca boss I would be moving factories to the UK as fast as practicable.  There is no restriction to export from here.

The product is great, the company have totally shit the bed. I'm not surprised people hate them. 

On 19/03/2021 at 23:56, dsr-burnley said:

It's an eccentric thing to make a stand about.  A strange hill to die on, if you like.  There are reasons why you would go against the advice of your doctor and risk disadvantages like not being able to fly (perhaps), but "I do not need it" is such a trivial one to make a point of principle.  It would be different if you had a stronger reason.

Eccentric!? nothing to do with that. As I said, my immune system is top notch and I do not suffer from colds/flu. I`ve had covid and all it did to me was a dry cough and a slight loss of appetite. 

I`m not sure flying is on my list of things to do at the moment. You have to be out of your mind to think going on abroad on holiday is going to happen anytime soon ... And to say i`m being trivial as a point of principle is just daft. 

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Tracking the FP rate for a fair couple of weeks now.

Time to scrap lockdown Boris?  

coronavirus-data-explorer-24-2048x1446.png

No offence mate but people would take your agenda a little more seriously if you hadn't been bleating on about Ivor Cummins bollox, and suggesting that the UK had hit herd immunity back in last autumn. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Was speaking to a colleage in Romania yesterday & the EU certainly have got into the heads of the Romanian population as he said they refusing the AZ invites & all waiting for Pfizer, would imagine they not the only country with this thinking sadly.

EU you have scared your population that much stop bumping ya gums & seperate from AZ contract so they can provide people who do need & want it.

30 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

Eccentric!? nothing to do with that. As I said, my immune system is top notch and I do not suffer from colds/flu. I`ve had covid and all it did to me was a dry cough and a slight loss of appetite. 

... And to say i`m being trivial as a point of principle is just daft. 

OK, what is the principle?  You've said you're not anti-vaccine, so it's not that.

11 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

OK, what is the principle?  You've said you're not anti-vaccine, so it's not that.

I encourage everyone I know that needs the vaccine to have it, I do not need it. Nothing eccentric about that fella and nothing to do with "principles".

Edited by I am Rod Hull

23 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

I encourage everyone I know that needs the vaccine to have it, I do not need it. Nothing eccentric about that fella and nothing to do with "principles".

Do you believe that there is zero possibility of you carrying the virus and transmitting in future?

Or do you believe that the jab will make no difference to the possibility of you carrying the virus and transmitting it in the future?

I refuse to believe that you don't care who you transmit the virus to, so I would guess it has to be one of the above.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

I'm sure that your encouragement is a real "shot in the arm" for others. Regarding your own, isn't it false? - and that's where the difficulties lie? They may roll up your sleeve and discover it?

Actually, I put it to you, that you are not in actual fact the real Rod Hull, but an imposter...a "cheap fabrication". 

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I'm sure that your encouragement is a real "shot in the arm" for others. Regarding your own, isn't it false? - and that's where the difficulties lie? They may roll up your sleeve and discover it?

Actually, I put it to you, that you are not in actual fact the real Rod Hull, but an imposter...a "cheap fabrication". 

I think we should know if he would allow emu to have the vaccine .........

1 hour ago, I am Rod Hull said:

I`m not sure flying is on my list of things to do at the moment. You have to be out of your mind to think going on abroad on holiday is going to happen anytime soon ... And to say i`m being trivial as a point of principle is just daft. 

Top notch? lol

Why are you bragging about your immune system? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Had my first jab today (Oxford) just told

missus that I felt a small **** and then it was over and she just rolled her eyes and sighed. 
Had mine at The Limes in Narborough, in and out in 5 minutes a really smooth process.

Me too, just got back from East Goscote. Easy.

• Like 1

Any asthmatics that haven’t been admitted to hospital had any joy in getting a jab? Wondering if I turned up at the peepul centre in the walk ins this weekend whether I would get it.

Edited by Costock_Fox

58 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Any asthmatics that haven’t been admitted to hospital had any joy in getting a jab? Wondering if I turned up at the peepul centre in the walk ins this weekend whether I would get it.

2 of my daughter who only the slightest possible conditions have both got appointments. If you've got asthma you should have been called by now. You should ring your GP.