Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

On 26/07/2020 at 18:46, sdb said:

Can easily be one of our 2 left backs going into the 21/22 season, and beyond. Next 12 months is key, and tricky, as I don't think he nor Fuchs are quite good enough to be starting most games if BC goes.

..what about Left Wing!!!

Can that be an option..Chilwell in defence with Thomas ahead of him.

• Like 1

Very impressed with the lad but personally would rather loan him to a top half championship club next season as long as Chilwell and Fuchs are fit again by the close of the transfer window. His positional sense and final ball are great but don’t want to rush him in and feel a full season in the championship will be better for his development instead of a handful of appearances against lower league opposition in the cups. And then Thomas will be perfect to come in for 2021/22 as first choice LB if Chilwell leaves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Very impressed with the lad but personally would rather loan him to a top half championship club next season as long as Chilwell and Fuchs are fit again by the close of the transfer window. His positional sense and final ball are great but don’t want to rush him in and feel a full season in the championship will be better for his development instead of a handful of appearances against lower league opposition in the cups. And then Thomas will be perfect to come in for 2021/22 as first choice LB if Chilwell leaves. 

...He will get the coaching he needs by being around the first team next season!!!

If your good enough your old enough...Mattock made his league debut when he was 17 years old.

Thomas has the temperament to progress supporting Chilwell, in a years time he will own the spot and will be an easier transition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Can he do a Bale and become a winger, as others have mentioned?

Honestly I don't want to see him loaned out. Rather get him the game time and development with us, especially as we have Europe. 

Hmm I’d argue he’s not quick enough for it. I’ve noticed that rather than take players on he would cut it back or cross early. 

Not a problem as a fb/wb but he wouldn’t get to the level we need. The majority of our fans get frustrated with albrighton and he’s arguably the best passer in the team 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love this kid already! Yes he made some fatal mistakes which cost us goals in the last few games but he looks like a quick leArner. Keep blooding him in for the 1st team. The squAd needs some freshening up anyway.

Hes only going to get better, which going by the proof so far we could have a right player on our hands

Has made errors, for example he seemed to panic when teams pressed us,  but its to be more then expected, for a lad his age and experience to be thrown in the deep end in what were vital matches, I feel he was one of the standout players in those games

His crossing is superb and mostly found its man, the assist for Ayozes goal against Palace had that been Chilwell, he wouldnt have found it

On 27/07/2020 at 00:10, Foks said:

Chilwell has 0 right foot. Its incredible how 0 his rf is

Did ok with his right foot against chelsea 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

We’ve missed Chilwell massively. 

I said a few times on Sunday our left side looked so weak at times (Not slating Thomas, he was good again) there was so much space. Chilwell knows when to exploit it and that comes with experience. I get at times Chilwell can be frustrating, but he’s our best left back along with England’s left back. Not forgetting that Chilly is still a young lad himself. 

..it is all very well bombing down the pitch, it is what he does when he gets there!!!

You just know he is going to check back and pass to the midfield. Chilwell always looks good driving forward, it is the end product than he should be judged on not his pace.

The difference is Thomas already understands this, Chilwell like Gray does not.

I was having a kick about with a couple mates down at the park then all of a sudden the park got took over by a few lads in our academy system (one of them being Thomas). They set up a game and used us to go in goal for them, be ref and linesmen. Thomas started up front for his team scored one goal and then got taken out by my mate in goal in a one on onelol 

I passed the ball to him - felt like Youri:wub:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wolfboy said:

I was having a kick about with a couple mates down at the park then all of a sudden the park got took over by a few lads in our academy system (one of them being Thomas). They set up a game and used us to go in goal for them, be ref and linesmen. Thomas started up front for his team scored one goal and then got taken out by my mate in goal in a one on onelol 

I passed the ball to him - felt like Youri:wub:

If he's out for pre season your mates a **** lol

• Haha 3

On 28/07/2020 at 06:44, cruzFOX said:

Love this kid already! Yes he made some fatal mistakes which cost us goals in the last few games but he looks like a quick leArner. Keep blooding him in for the 1st team. The squAd needs some freshening up anyway.

I agree entirely. Let's face it, with a European competition and two domestic cups this coming season, he's going to get ample opportunity for a few starts and, continued training with a talented young first team squad can only tutor him to be fully commensurate and ready with what Rodgers expects from our players.

Whilst I fully accept that I've been a fierce critic of our manager at times on here, I personally don't believe that he'll be going anywhere soon, neither do I see anyone better waiting in the wings, therefore the more young players that can accept and adapt to his theories fully the better I think for the common good. After all and in fairness, the main tenets of what Rodgers tries to deliver is good football I think and its perhaps at times just his tactics, tinkering and trying to be a bit too clever with what he has available to him that has perhaps let him down. Perhaps this season will have given him cause to reflect also.

Thomas is already an exciting young talent to add to Justin, Maddison, Hamza, Barnes et al. Long may it continue. We go forward. 

• Like 3

On 27/07/2020 at 17:18, fox_up_north said:

Can he do a Bale and become a winger, as others have mentioned?

Crikey.. that’s a frightening thought... Guppy style crossing all game long! 

majestic!

• 1 month later...