Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

13 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Palace are vile and it makes me sick that they manage to get results when they are so abysmal. People slate Burnley but Palace really are a disgrace and have been for years. 

people should remember palace often beat leicester why people want them to stay in the league is beyond me

their no fans of football

• Like 1

Everton have been granted planning permission for their new ground:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-everton-new-stadium-special-19889850

Mixed feelings on this as I love the history of Goodison and it'll be sad to see another proper English ground go but...

a) Everton fans don't deserve that place anyway and

b) This should be easier to get to by train from the centre

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Everton have bee granted planning permission for their new ground:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-everton-new-stadium-special-19889850

Mixed feelings on this as I love the history of Goodison and it'll be sad to see anoyther proper English ground go but...

It looks really really nice to be fair. 

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Everton have bee granted planning permission for their new ground:

Mixed feelings on this as I love the history of Goodison and it'll be sad to see anoyther proper English ground go but...

I will miss Goodison. Absoloute great of English football grounds.

Villa Park still remains my favourite away ground. Superb ground.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Everton have been granted planning permission for their new ground:

Mixed feelings on this as I love the history of Goodison and it'll be sad to see another proper English ground go but...

It's a weird one, this. I think every football fan will always lament teams leaving old grounds for brand spanking new ones to some extent, especially when they move as well. Having said that, half the away end was dog-shit for watching the game lol

For starters, it's not really in Everton (not that Goodison was anyway). It's still not ideal by train, but visitors will be able to get to it via train without leaving any stations with only a 10 minute walk at the end if they get on the local rail network at Lime Street.

It benefits the rest of Liverpool area more so than visitors though really.

Much better to get to from the city centre though, there are loads of good boozers within a half an hour walk, and long term there is a lot of planned investment on the docks between the stadium and the city centre. And beyond the stadium to the North too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

My only distain for goodison is I ALWAYS end up directly on a post. Always along side their fans aswell who sit in silence until they score and cheer in my face (I do find it funny though to be fair) 

Will be a shame to see another one of the "old" grounds go, but I do like the design and location of the new Everton stadium. Looks fantastic

Is good to see clubs being more adventurous with stadium designs - we definately don't need any more identikit bowls

Another example of the ridiculous sums of money in football.

Everton's new ground is estimated to cost £500m, Spurs was what £1bn & to think our stadium cost £30-40m & nearly folded us as a club at the time.

Even in todays rates that £40m is still only 58m, i bet the planned extension of 10k seats will cost more than that.

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Everton's new ground is estimated to cost £500m, Spurs was what £1bn & to think our stadium cost £30-40m & nearly folded us as a club at the time.

Even in todays rates that £40m is still only 58m, i bet the planned extension of 10k seats will cost more than that.

The rich need something to do with all the money they've made exploiting everyone else :P :-/ :( 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Old Trafford, Villa Park and St James' Park are my three favourites.

I actually loved the Emirates but for different reasons. I reckon it's a fantastic place to watch football but not a great away day ground if that makes sense. Feels like you're viewing more of an exhibition than a football match.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

It does feel like our stadium was made on the cheap at times though. Not really much going for it in terms of modern stadia aside from the money we've spent on it since (in terms of lighting and big screens etc).

Personally wouldn't be against the building of a new stadium.

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

My only distain for goodison is I ALWAYS end up directly on a post. Always along side their fans aswell who sit in silence until they score and cheer in my face (I do find it funny though to be fair) 

There are only 2 things that make the Everton fans get out of their seats and/or make noise. A goal for Everton. A rendition of you'll never walk alone from the away end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Old Trafford, Villa Park and St James' Park are my three favourites.

I actually loved the Emirates but for different reasons. I reckon it's a fantastic place to watch football but not a great away day ground if that makes sense. Feels like you're viewing more of an exhibition than a football match.

Yeah I like the Emirates too, probably my favourite "new" ground. Spurs might top that but obviously we haven't had chance to go yet.

Old Trafford and Anfield are among my favourites too, those two always seem weird when I go in terms of feeling much different to other grounds.

I know it's popular to pretend Goodison is a good ground because it's "traditional" and shit but it's a ****ing dump, it's a generic boring square, why is that magically better than a generic boring bowl just because it's older? It's also  inexplicably still made of wood everywhere - how that's even still a thing after Valley Parade idk. 

It's crap. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

I think we get a bit too hung up on tradition and nostalgia, some of these grounds are iconic but they could also be holding the club back. Everton will be getting a minimum 18k more fans in with the potential to expand, it seems like they are looking after the local area too, if possible I'd hope that the cafes, takeaways near Goodison could set up home on matchdays close to the new ground as a gesture.

I think they'll make a good go of moving and will go all in.