Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Arsenal I don't think have been the same since 2014 time, they have had manager there who over stayed his welcome and got too relaxed along with the club itself who were just happy in finishing in top four a winning the occasional fa cup. They always seem to sign the same calibre of player someone whose wanting a easy ride, play whenever they like and when ask to do summit extra they sulk. Just as looked like they may have turned a corner last season, by getting rid of the likes of Ozil, sorting out the discipline issue. They now look very lack lustre, bored and not bothered just sums up the club itself at present. Arteta is making the situation worse and he's just out of his depth.

I do think there's a change coming for Arsenal, I think the board may try and get fans back on their side if it's bringing someone like Rafa and promising one big signing. Problem is who'd join a club that's not playing European football.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Arsenal I don't think have been the same since 2014 time, they have had manager there who over stayed his welcome and got too relaxed along with the club itself who were just happy in finishing in top four a winning the occasional fa cup. They always seem to sign the same calibre of player someone whose wanting a easy ride, play whenever they like and when ask to do summit extra they sulk. Just as looked like they may have turned a corner last season, by getting rid of the likes of Ozil, sorting out the discipline issue. They now look very lack lustre, bored and not bothered just sums up the club itself at present. Arteta is making the situation worse and he's just out of his depth.

I do think there's a change coming for Arsenal, I think the board may try and get fans back on their side if it's bringing someone like Rafa and promising one big signing. Problem is who'd join a club that's not playing European football.

This last sentence is interesting as I dont think one season outside Europe would be a disaster for most big clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea in recent one off seasons because you knew they'd be back, and they were both in the champions league the following season and mostly there ever since. 

With Arsenal though, the difference is that I cant see them challenging for the top 4 any time soon let alone the league. 

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Especially when there are 3 other clubs in your city playing in Europe. 
Big reasons to join Arsenal have always been:

High wages - Can they still afford to pay these?

London - West Ham, Chelsea and possibly Spurs all playing in London and playing in European competition.

Guaranteed European football - this isn’t the case any more.

Play alongside great players - none really there now.

play for a great manager - not happening.

I struggle to see why any top player will go there now, they are going to need to improve their scouting and find the likes of Ndidi, Kante, Mahrez etc. who are not household names and develop them.

Could be a really tough few years for Arsenal. 

Imagine this happening Neymar joining Arsenal in the summer, why? well is there type of signing... he'll just join for the money even if though there's no champions league, he'll just join to be the main man. Though I think he's type of the singing they need keep away from. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Imagine this happening Neymar joining Arsenal in the summer, why? well is there type of signing... he'll just join for the money if though there's no champions league, he'll just join to be the main man. Though I think he's type of the singing they need keep away from. 

Are you having a laugh?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Imagine this happening Neymar joining Arsenal in the summer, why? well is there type of signing... he'll just join for the money if though there's no champions league, he'll just join to be the main man. Though I think he's type of the singing they need keep away from. 

Have they even been linked to neymar?

Just now, Unabomber said:

Have they even been linked to neymar?

There was rumour last year, plus I don't think PSG or Poch would be too cut up about losing Neymar either. I mean I'm sure if given the option he'd happily sell Neymar in order to reunite with Kane and bring at PSG.

Arteta is completely out of his depth. Aubamayang hit the post for the second time and was millimeters away from scoring the winner and his response was to sub off his best player and basically the only lad who looked up for it. 

id be absolutely raging if my club subbed our best player and 300k a week striker when we needed a goal to get to a final. 

what was he thinking. 

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Arteta is completely out of his depth. Aubamayang hit the post for the second time and was millimeters away from scoring the winner and his response was to sub off his best player and basically the only lad who looked up for it. 

id be absolutely raging if my club subbed our best player and 300k a week striker when we needed a goal to get to a final. 

what was he thinking. 

He’s not 100% fit after his malaria hospitalisation.  But if you need one goal to go through then maybe you just leave him wandering around up there ......

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

what was he thinking. 

Gotta concentrate on the league obviously...

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Well, that finally ends that question doesn’t it.

Arsenal effectively knocked out of Europe for this season and next in one go.

You love to see it!

Super League, you’re having a laugh 😂 

I think you're being unkind.

I can honestly see Arsenal breaking into the top ten next season.

• Haha 3

Such a badly ran club.

I don't think Arteta is the manager to spark a resurgence in that squad, no one plays for him other than the kids whom he gave the opportunities to. Established and new signings aren't playing for him, he's just not that good a manager.

The danger is, without European football and sticking with Arteta they could be in some serious trouble.

12 hours ago, weller54 said:

Suppose they'll be rumours about BR going to Arsenal now 😂

Daily Star quick off the mark - https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-next-manager-allegri-simeone-24058132

Brendan Rodgers
Reports suggested Arsenal turned down the chance to interview Rodgers about their vacant managerial position following Arsene Wenger's departure in 2018. They must surely regret it.

The Northern Irishman joined Leicester in February 2019 and has since taken them to impressive heights, sitting third in the Premier League table with three games to play and also reaching the FA Cup final.

Appointing Rodgers would be a no-brainer for Arsenal this summer, however it is difficult to envisage him walking away from the Foxes.

• Sad 1

Result predictions for this weekends games involving teams going for top 4 places:

Friday

Leicester City20:00Newcastle United Leicester win 

Saturday
Leeds United12:30Tottenham Hotspur Draw

Manchester City17:30Chelsea Man City Win

Liverpool20:15Southampton Liverpool Win

Sunday

Aston Villa14:05Manchester United Man Utd Win

West Ham United16:30Everton Draw